Season 2 thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 2 thoughts

Since the Canadians are about to get their finale for season 2 and because we need to decorate our new space, let's talk about season 2.

Season 2 spoilers obviously.

Thoughts? A good sophomore effort? Weak spots?
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Ok, I'll go first. Just saw 2.9, which was intense, but I'll talk about it in its episode thread.

So far, season 2 is off to great start.
    The arc is moving well, and I like that Carlos knows.

My two complaints are that we need to know how much time is passing between episodes. Trials don't happen in a day. Also, Kellog is oddly used thus far. Not sure what to make of him this season.

Comment

Lots of questions left from the season 2 finale.
      Last edited by hedwig; 31 August 2013, 05:27 PM. Reason: fixing a typo

Comment

And I thought my family was weird

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
          And I thought my family was weird
          Best response ever.

Still processing the awesome season finale. It's been a jam-packed season. I hope the DVD comes out soon.

Comment

WOW I just started watching Continuum...I'm in the process of watching I guess it's season 2 that Syfy just ran the marathon before the season finale. Not finished yet...so I entered this thread with one eye closed hoping not to see too many spoilers...so I'm not hanging around here too much just yet....until I've seen the finale. But WOW!! I really like it....did it get a season 3? I'm hoping.
            Originally posted by jelgate
            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
              Best response ever.

Still processing the awesome season finale. It's been a jam-packed season. I hope the DVD comes out soon.
              Well, it was the first thing I told myself after the season ended

Season 2 was great and I dare to say much better than S1. In the first season, it took them a while to put everything together. But in S2, in every single episode, something changed. And the last two episodes? I sat at the edge of my seat.

Also, the dynamics has changed. It always happens when the unaware partner finds out. I loved Carlos/Kiera friendship. And I am really curious how it will be in the next season because they are both hunted now, and Carlos doesn´t know that Kiera is held somewhere and never got back as planned. Also, will Betty find out? What about Julian? Who are the freelancers? Aren´t they something like protectors of the time line? So many questions!

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Season 2 was much better than Season 1. With the crime of the week element gone, we lost filler episodes.

I think we need threads for some of these questions and theories. Otherwise, discussions could easily become lost. Smiles prettily at Klenotka and others.
                Last edited by MasySyma; 01 September 2013, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                  WOW I just started watching Continuum...I'm in the process of watching I guess it's season 2 that Syfy just ran the marathon before the season finale. Not finished yet...so I entered this thread with one eye closed hoping not to see too many spoilers...so I'm not hanging around here too much just yet....until I've seen the finale. But WOW!! I really like it....did it get a season 3? I'm hoping.
                  Yes. It did get a Season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    Yes. It did get a Season 3.
                    awesome It usually is my luck I will get hooked on a show late and then it's cancelled or something

Comment

Season 2 was very strong IMO. A lot has been built up, and it will be amazing to see these things play out this coming season. Let us hope that Season 3 is even better than this season was.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                        awesome It usually is my luck I will get hooked on a show late and then it's cancelled or something

That's what happened with Sanctuary for me...I got into it after season four aired, watched it all, then the news came that it was cancelled.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                          That's what happened with Sanctuary for me...I got into it after season four aired, watched it all, then the news came that it was cancelled.
                          bummer yeah I still miss that so many good shows so little time

Comment

I enjoyed season 1 more than I did season 2. There were some good bits from season 2 but it felt like something was missing compare to season 1 that I enjoyed.

Hopefully season 3 will be more enjoyable to watch.

Comment

Season 2 took a while to get going, but got there in the end.

I used to watch Falling Skies first of the two, but about half way through I found myself looking forward to, and watching first, Continuum, more than Falling Skies.

Comment

Working...
                              X