This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    My sulk isn't nearly as impressive as some of the others here but I wanted to try out the couch.
    Touch The Couch and die!! However, there is a fine array of lesser furniture for you to try. sofas and loveseats and wicker chairs with the bottoms breaking out and a couple of barstools over by the bar...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Touch The Couch and die!! However, there is a fine array of lesser furniture for you to try. sofas and loveseats and wicker chairs with the bottoms breaking out and a couple of barstools over by the bar...
      Sounds like my house .I thought about steam cleaning what's left of my couch but I realized the crud's the only thing holding it together.
      nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Who is the barman? I've been sitting here for ages, but still no drink.
        sigpic

Comment

Luke's running the bar AND the kitchen. He rules with an iron ladle. Maybe Grogan should stop by and help out, though. If he can manage not to turn it into a disaster and/or get himself shot in the process...

Comment

It was really odd, earlier. I was the only one in the whole forum for 10 minutes. Like being out to play, but no-one to play with in the playground.

I thought about putting up a thread about it, but then realised there was nobody to read it!

I don't ever wanna be alone again, it was scary!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by SeaBee

It was really odd, earlier. I was the only one in the whole forum for 10 minutes. Like being out to play, but no-one to play with in the playground.

I thought about putting up a thread about it, but then realised there was nobody to read it!

I don't ever wanna be alone again, it was scary!

Reading that made me smile actually, believe it or not. That's strange. For a whole ten minutes? That's quite some time for Gateworld
              __

__

Comment

Ok,Shadow,time to have a quick sulk,if you'll have me after all the Cheeriness!

I HATE,loathe and Bl#### Detest,so-called "British" Food.Yuk!

Every other country in the World seems to have dibs on imagination where common items can be combined in almost any way to be more interesting.

IMO,here in Britain,veg and meat have horrible,sloppy things done to them.

I mean,where's the fun in eating if the only way to get anything decent is to
                constantly use a fave take-out restaurant,or spend ages ploughing through the cookery books?

Believe me Fish and Chips is quite nice,but not so good for the body.Haggis is IMO,something dreamt up by some sick weirdo,with a fetish for Awful Offal.

I could list more truly disgusting "Dishes"....but the ingredient list,and cooking methods,for "Black Pudding",are just too vile to put in P.G. terms!

The reason for this Sulk/Pout/Raving ?

Everyone who mentions Food in their postings seems able to freely obtain loads of items,that I can't buy here in the UK!
                (Ben and Jerry's,Decent Cream Soda,in this Thread alone!)

I'm hungry,and whingy today.That Evil Sun got me unawares.So did my Allergies and I needed a nice moan.Sorry if anyone British is offended,but I mean it about the Cr### food!
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

You can't get Ben and Jerry's in the UK?! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'm so very sorry. That's the most awful thing I've ever heard. (While munching on Chunky Monkey) And Henry Wienhards (sp?) cream soda is the best ever. Expensive but yummy.

Black pudding creeps me out. I thought it was a joke the first time I heard what was in it. And Haggis?! I don't even know any Scots who actually eat that crap. The thing I like about living in America (and I'm not trying to say that America is better than anyone else, believe me) is that there are so many different cultures here that you can pretty much get any kind of food there is. Pretty much. My personal favorite is good old fashioned Louisiana gumbo made by my Aunt Pat. Mmmmm.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I am incredibly irritated that America doesn't import Wonderbars from Canada. You can find Aero bars and Cadbury Flake and a few others, but no Wonderbars and I am absolutely addicted to them! I have to stock up on them when I go to Gatecon and then try and control myself to make my supply last as long as possible. I'm beginning to think that American chocolate in general is kinda inferior...

I've seen some pretty scary "British" dishes, but probably every country has its share of freaky foods, some just have more than others.

I was always kinda partial to the ploughman's lunch- just bread and cheese, but who really needs anything more than that? Maybe grab a sausage or something with it just for extra flavor.

Ben & Jerrys- One Sweet Whirled and Phish Food are my faves. Hey, did anyone ever figure out what flavors Teal'c and Jonas were eating in Unnatural Selection? There's also a brand called Turkey Hill which has some kind of peanut butter swirl thing which is most excellent. And you get more for your $$ than you do with B&J's.

Comment

Yes, American chocolate is definately inferior. I've been told with great authority that Hershey's is in fact not even chocolate. Ghiradelli's is pretty good but I've been told there is no chocolate like German chocolate. In fact I've been promised some Lindt chocolate and I may have to beat my postman since it hasn't arrived yet.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Whining won't help me I know,but the B+J ice cream situation in the UK is that
                        Age-Old British Shopkeepers' Excuse:"Oh,never heard of that" or the one that really peeves me,namely:"There's no demand for it"!!!

I mean if there was really no demand,why the Heck would I be asking?
                        If there was more flipping food choice,the grocery and retail trade would soon see there's a "Demand" and not just keep stocking the same old boring choices!

I'm afraid plenty Scots do indeed eat the Horrid Haggis!Just not this one!
                        It's still a Scottish Delicacy best consumed NEVER,as far as I'm concerned.
                        My family up in Scotland eat the Cursed stuff regularly,and they can keep it.I know what's in it and I can't see what the attraction is!

Keep thinking of Emigrating to USA or Canada,as it seems like Foodie Heaven.

*Sighs and drools at thought of trying proper Gumbo*

*Perks up a bit.*
                        At least one of my local stores got in Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for me,and some of the famous Hershey Bars.It's a start!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          I was always kinda partial to the ploughman's lunch- just bread and cheese, but who really needs anything more than that? Maybe grab a sausage or something with it just for extra flavor.
                          Sausage? British Sausage? Oh Shadow,you're braver than I thought!

Do you know what way THAT's made? If done by proper "Butchers",I mean?

Comment

While sojurning in London in my salad days, I horrified my landlady by making a traditional American Thanksgiving dinner and having all my college chums over to eat it. She couldn't understand the appeal of turkey with dressing, mashed potatoes drowned in gravy and mince pie (okay, pumpkin was hard to come by!) One of my fondest memories of that semester - having Thanksgiving in April - at nearly the end of the semester.
                            Nola
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                              Sausage? British Sausage? Oh Shadow,you're braver than I thought!
                              Well, meat product of some kind. But really, I've always had a morbid curiosity for Cut Me Own Throat Dibbler's fare. "Made of genuine pig." As long as I don't know what I'm eating, I'm usually fine.

Still, I think I'd feel safer with Luke in charge of the food.

Comment

Had proper Pumpkin Pie once.Liked it! Loved Pecan pie too.

Thanks to my brother's migration to USA (Milwaukee,W.I.to be exact),I've always felt pretty pro American.Alas,also even more Peeved at the apparent British way of "If it's from US/Canada/anywhere else:then distrust anything they offer as a Menu Choice"!

Hasten to add, I'm not presuming to speak for anyone else from/pro UK!

As for Pro-American.I'll clarify my POV. I've a great admiration for most things American.I just have a problem with some of the Politicians!

Comment

Working...
                                X