Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My story for SGU which nvovles a lot of nerdgasms(atleast from my side)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story for SGU which nvovles a lot of nerdgasms(atleast from my side)

I always see people making up stories so i guess it is my turn with a little bit of a "fan reward" flavor for the scifi geeks.

What would happen after everyone went into stasis and why was eli smiling?? was it due to the fact that he was confident in his abilities or was he coming up with an awesome dr. mckay-like plan??I am not gonna talk about what is going on with drama and who lives or dies as that is a writers job... i am talking purely relating to science fiction... well here is what i think...

Eli realizes that he can somehow use the subspace frequencies of the command ships recognize each other as foes and uses half the drone army under destiny's control to launch an all out attack against the other drones in the galaxy.

Having thought of that he uses the stone to consult with rodney mckay and others at stargate command. Telford was talking about woolsey coming up with a solution with their problem with the langarans. Suddenly he makes a breakthrough and the langaran scientists(short cameo by jonas quinn maybe?) confirm to their chancellor that mckay's idea was pretty safe and in turn for that they will give langarans blue prints for basic space travel(with in the solar system etc)...

So we get a fresh new team on board destiny which includes telford, daniel jackson(depends if you want him as that would make it too many main character so only mckay i think as he was also about to come from their attempted sabotage on langara, but if daniel is there then you would have to stop empasising on non useful character like volker and brody maybe and so i won't credit daniel for now atleast in the plot ahead) and mckay and many others military+scientist(jennifer keller too maybe?? as they need a doctor). These new characters would ofcourse help bring back many old fans to the show).

Eli and mckay and daniel hatch a plan or call it a programme to implement in converting half the drones in the galaxy but they need to fully restore the ship which includes all the damaged unexplored section and upgrading the main weapon battery with asgard beams and some rail guns (they have a couple of zpms too with them to use them for emergency cases... hopefully they would have figured out by now how to reproduce a zpm or not...don't care much about that as it lasts a long long time for simple life support and weapons and shields but no ftl for it). They do not let others out of the stasis as they are thinking that it might be better to have a ship fully ready and it would be better if it was empty for renovations like repainting a house.

So they have restored the ship from a constant supply line from earth but that is again cut off suddenly due to a lucian alliance attack on langara destroys their power generating facility.... but hammond and another ship destroy the dozen lucian alliance motherships(asgard weapons can rape an ori ship and ancient warships so a goauld mothership is childs play) in the battle and seriously cripple them for years to come as most of the ships were inherited by jaffa. Lucian alliance now start a campaign of cargo ship attacks with goauld weapons on earth as they do not have anything else now etc.. blah blah and what not and we get rid of their threat for atleast a year to come as they recover with the money from their space corn kassa.

Back to destiny for good now...
    Mckay and eli bump their genius heads all the time about who is wrong and their is some comedy around(but not too much to change the tone back to the old days). Anyhow, they launch their plan by creating a haauuuggggeeee subspace event in the center of the galaxy to call every drone there. They all come and the programme is uploaded and then daniel(if he is there or the revived rush and young only) jokes about how it would have been better if they just tried to control them all and not tried to make them destory each other as that plan can back fire and that gives mckay and eli a headache(we want space battles so no.. sorry). The battle starts as the programme is uploaded and it wrecks havok while destiny is hanging back and enjoying the site. It is done and everything is finished but a few of the drones and a couple of command ships remain from the bad side. They are destroyed by the awesome weapons that destiny now posses(old weapons + rail guns and the damn awesome asgard plasma beam weapons). At this point suddenly a fleet of ships appear and they start firing on destiny without warning. This starts giving destiny a lot of damage. This sudden strike created an overload in the weapons array of destiny and they are out of order for now. Eli notices that this ship is of the same design as the drones but it looks manned and they suddenly realized that the masters they thought extinct were not so extinct. Destiny makes an ftl jump to escape....

Now they revive all the crew and Explain to them What heppened in the past couple of months or so. Young is angry that he was not revived and allowed to participate in the plan along with rush(well only if daniel is in the series to attract SG-1 fans otherwsie young and rush would already be awake as said above). Anyhow, they now have to again look at how they are gonna survive now. They fall back to the planet where their future children(or whatever you want to call them) were taken to, the place where the rest of the ships are coming from their home planet. They are thinking of resupplying for the long term there and effect repairs till they get everything online and get the hell out of this galaxy. They are doing this when suddenly an armada of ship arrives and mckay picks them up and panics. But they are amazed to see that it is their other children from novus. They are amazed and ask them how did they manage to get their that quick. They talk about passing through the neighboring solar system of their home one and they picked up the remains of some urcini ships which had hyperdrive capabilities. They reverse engineered them in a decade and now here they are. This give eli hope that they might be able to give destiny an intergalactic hyperdrive as well for the times that ftl has a problem. But rush says that it would be too hard and they might not have the space to do it on destiny. But mckay says that with the help of these novus people and himself and amanda perry they can do it with in a few months.

they build another shuttle for destiny and give both shuttles small hyperdrives like goauld cargo ships too in the mean time. They use them for reconnaissance in the galaxy to find out if the other aliens are trying to find them or not and stuff like that. They stumble on an empty abandoned planet where they find out that the drone factories were there. They learn the history of the race that build them and why. They find out that they were the an advanced race in this galaxy but the old guys from the previous galaxy(the ones chasing destiny) came here and tried to conquer the area about a 100 thousand years ago. They were defeated but as there were no other sentients then these (whatever their name) build a drone army to protect anything other than them. The drones destroyed the urcini and and attacked destiny as that is what they were programmed to do and the aliens who built them didn't care much about anyone other than themselves but weren't particularly hostile(kinda like the asgards from atlantis series). They take destiny there for a supply of equipment from those abandoned factories and to find weakness in the technologies too. Doing that they find out that these aliens were quite advanced(almost ancient level). These aliens had replicator tech. so mckay uses some nanites for the poupose of effecting repairs on destiny for the long term etc. They find the means to give replicator bodies to ginn and amanda perry(an emotional decision by rush and eli together with young's approval and mckay's cursing). They do it as their is technology to build organic bodies too but the replicator minds of amanda and ginn would be able to do it much quickly. After much fuss and wuss young agrees and let both the girlies work a way to shift their minds to an artificial human body but it proves too hard and then mckay gives them an idea to get comma patients from the new novus(the ones who have no chance of recovering) and use destiny to download them into those bodies etc. After this drama, eli discovers a huge thing on the planet's database that those aliens also had the destiny's signal from the start of the universe, in their database.

At this point the drone builder aliens(lets call them DBA for now) show up as scott or someone triggered a subspace tracker. A battle ensures and destiny is on the verge of shield collapse when chloe does it again. Signal the aliens from the previous galaxy. They were really close by as they were monitoring the after effects of some battles between drones and destiny to try and track them. They arrive and immediately engage in battle with DBA and crippling both the fleets. Mckay and brody and volker manage to get the weapons online for a few second and they blast the hell out of DBA. Both destiny and the chloe's aliens(lets call them CA) are again badly damaged and CA show their intentions clear that they won't let destiny go and launch a fighter attack on destiny. Destiny tries to destroy them with rail guns but it ain't working too good for now. Young asks rush to give CA what they want to which there is some objection and talk but then he clearly tell what he means. He says that we tell CA what destiny's mission is and they tell them that DBA has full details of it in their records down on the planet and that they should give up destiny and rather gain knowledge and advancement from DBA who might be close to ancient advancement. CA accepts and eli and mckay help them for a day or two down on the planet learning about both CA and DBA a little bit more and make a shocking discovery.

They discover that the DBA also launched a mission for fact finding like destiny after the "signal" a million years ago but quit within a thousand years and came back and there is detailed record of it in the database on the planet. The CA find out and tell eli and mckay and rush about it. They find out that DBA acutally came across and met the aliens who built the "eden" planet and the star in the previous galaxy(ofcourse in another direction) and find out that they are an ancient like race who have the capability to ascend and what not. They gave DBA much of their knowledge etc. They were a dominant race in this quadrant of the universe(unlike ancients who chose to inhabit only a 2-3 galaxies total) and have actually met the ancients in their travels of the universe and gave them the "Signal from background radiation" and blue print to ascension too when the ancients were back in the ori galaxy after which ori and alterans seperated into two factions one claiming the signal to be blasphemy while the other being the alterans. These aliens gained all their knowledge from discovering the secrets of the "signal" and were the oldest of all the sentient races in the universe etc. Mckay says that it would be better if they tried to find these aliens and learn from them as destiny's mission would take too long for their own lifetime. Eli and rush say that it won't happen as those aliens never gave anyone advancement to their own level and let the other find out the truth of the signal on their own etc and as they have pretty much all the ancient database back home on atlantis and also here in destiny, they don't really need the knowledge of this oldest race...

They go back to the new novus and restore the destiny with all the new bells and whistles and fully capable ftl and an intergalactic hyperdrive using nanotech... Mckay eli and rush develop a way of dialing with in a star to earth which is safe... basically they use the juice from the two zpms and only a little bit directly from the star as to not cause any overloads while strictly monitoring solar flares. Most of the civillians return as only the few who are needed remain like telford/greer/scott/chloe/rush/young/eli/mckay/keller/lucian alliance guy??/volker/brody/TJ(who has a cure now due to novus people arriving)/a couple of other regulars maybe(wray goes back too)/and soldiers only/danial maybe(don't think he has a place in the show as otherwise there will be too much ego of big brains in the mix to handle)... They go back to new novus and instruct them to build underground cities with shielding to protect themselves from DBA etc. and give them a communication stone to stay in touch and also impart shield tech as they had hyperdrives(mckay upgrades theirs to intergalactic). Now they jump, fully locked and loaded to the next galaxy.... the last scene of the season... could be done in half a season but we do need some character building and emo drama too as every battle situation must be shown as absolute desperate...

Comment

i wish something along these lines could be put in a movie atleast... i am so dying for something stargate right now...

Comment

That sounds like SG-1 or SGA, not SGU. I liked SGU because it was unlike the first two series.
        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
          That sounds like SG-1 or SGA, not SGU. I liked SGU because it was unlike the first two series.
          i agree with that... it was an effort to have something for everyone... i have not mentioned the "tone" exactly, just the outline for the story. I have omitted any attempt at the "drama" of the characters. I am pretty sure it would take at max a season to cover this but if we include dialogue and drama then it would easily go on to 2 seasons or more. I just intended to put enough character for all the franchise fans to enjoy. I myself love the dark tone, although i did love the campy adventurous tone of the previous franchises too. My point is that i "miss" the show too much and just had to use my own imagination to fill in the gaps

Comment

Eli doing something without consulting Young just isn't in his personality. Sorry but I don't think this one is workable.

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
              Eli doing something without consulting Young just isn't in his personality. Sorry but I don't think this one is workable.
              If he failed and woke Young up he might have damaged the stasis pod or caused some other problem, forcing Young to die too. It would be prudent not to wake anyone up until hope is back.

Comment

I don't know. For me if the show continued or does continue (please please!) the way I saw the story picking up where it left of is something along the lines of...

Rush and Young are brought out of stasis weak and disorientated say hello to each other blah blah "what's going on" and make their way to the control room. Wonder where Eli is Young picks up a radio and tries to contact him with no answer so Rush gets on the console and does a scan for him but can't find any life signs outside of the chamber rooms (apart from himself and Young obviously). They discover that Destiny has been travelling through the 'void' between galaxies for nearly 2 and 1/2 years but has ran out of power which means they are short of their destination and think OMG we're screwed. Young asks Rush why only they were released from stasis and it appears Eli created a program to wake them up at this precise time but its unclear why and so Rush attempts to open the other stasis pods but Eli's program has locked him out preventing him from waking up the rest of the crew. Rush is confused because he was certain they had enough power to reach the next Galaxy and just couldn't figure out what was going on or where Eli was.

Shortly afterwards Destiny's external sensors activate and it is discovered a ship is just ahead of them and it turns out to be a Seed ship stationary and powered down in the void. To cut a long story short they dock with the Seed ship and transfer it's remaining power reserves to Destiny which gives them a power boost unlocking the system and allowing Rush to wake up the rest of the crew.

I'm not sure where the story would go from there but they have no idea what has happened to Eli or where he is and they still need to reach the other galaxy.

I think having Eli being missing and the fact they haven't yet reached the end of the void would make a good crisis/mysterious opening to season 3. It's better than them all just waking up in the other galaxy, finding Eli safe and well in a pod and everything is fine and dandy lol and for me Eli is too vital to the show so we couldn't have him die. I think doing it this way would be a good opening story to continue the show.

Comment

I'm just starting a Stargate re-watch (I've already seen the original Stargate movie and I'm currently on SG-1 2x07) and I've actually come up with this:

How about - instead of finishing the three shows (Revolution, Extinction/SGA 6, SGU movie/Combo movie/SGU 3-4-5) - the show is continued with a 4th series, where the SG-1/SGA/SGU team/expedition members are back to living their normal lives and the Stargate program is now fully public and everyone on Earth has accepted what the Stargate program had done and achieved. We cut to our beloved characters from the three shows and we are brought up-to-date with what happened to them, starting with SG-1.Everyone returned to their normal lives.

The Stargate program has been shut-down due to it getting too expensive to operate because of the World crisis, however, the Gate on Antarctica is still active should Daniel, Teal'c or Jonas (or any of the allies) ever need to contact SG-1/SGA/SGU teams or even come to Earth for some reason. However, when a srange ship appears in Earth's orbit, everyone is alerted and a new SG-1 team is assembled to investigate. However, it is decided that bringing back the Stargate program would be a real financial pain for the entire World, since now a single mission to the Stargate costs just like the whole Stargate program back in the original SG-1 days per year basis. However, Daniel comes back to Earth trough the Antartica's Stargate and suggessts that the Stargate program could be moved to another planet - the one he currently lives on. He takes the new SG-1 with him trough the Gate and the Antartica Stargate is shut-down and burried for safety reasons.

Back on his now home planet and with his new family, Daniel leads a new SG-1 team on a mission, on which they encounter a new enemy, eventually revealing more secretcs about the Stargate network. With their arch enemies defeated, Daniel is fully confident that facing the new enemy won't be a big problem. However, as the time passes, he realises that the new enemy can only be defeated by a weapon on a very dangerous planet, located in a very dangerous Galaxy. But the address to the planet consists of 10 symbols, so the team must figure out how to dial a 10-chevron address on a 9-chevron Stargate, since there isn't a Stargate with 10 chevrons on it.

Comment

Originally posted by maxrpg View Post
                    I don't know. For me if the show continued or does continue (please please!) the way I saw the story picking up where it left of is something along the lines of...

Rush and Young are brought out of stasis weak and disorientated say hello to each other blah blah "what's going on" and make their way to the control room. Wonder where Eli is Young picks up a radio and tries to contact him with no answer so Rush gets on the console and does a scan for him but can't find any life signs outside of the chamber rooms (apart from himself and Young obviously). They discover that Destiny has been travelling through the 'void' between galaxies for nearly 2 and 1/2 years but has ran out of power which means they are short of their destination and think OMG we're screwed. Young asks Rush why only they were released from stasis and it appears Eli created a program to wake them up at this precise time but its unclear why and so Rush attempts to open the other stasis pods but Eli's program has locked him out preventing him from waking up the rest of the crew. Rush is confused because he was certain they had enough power to reach the next Galaxy and just couldn't figure out what was going on or where Eli was.

Shortly afterwards Destiny's external sensors activate and it is discovered a ship is just ahead of them and it turns out to be a Seed ship stationary and powered down in the void. To cut a long story short they dock with the Seed ship and transfer it's remaining power reserves to Destiny which gives them a power boost unlocking the system and allowing Rush to wake up the rest of the crew.

I'm not sure where the story would go from there but they have no idea what has happened to Eli or where he is and they still need to reach the other galaxy.

I think having Eli being missing and the fact they haven't yet reached the end of the void would make a good crisis/mysterious opening to season 3. It's better than them all just waking up in the other galaxy, finding Eli safe and well in a pod and everything is fine and dandy lol and for me Eli is too vital to the show so we couldn't have him die. I think doing it this way would be a good opening story to continue the show.
                    I like this kind of idea much better than trying to incorporate all the other shows characters. One of the big things I loved about SGU was the fact they where on their own. That's what made it so interesting to me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Some definite nerdgasming in this idea.. Along with some far fetched thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Some definite nerdgasming in this idea.. Along with some far fetched thoughts.
                        oh i forgot about this thread. Anyways, the idea was to properly utilize all the science we have gathered(earthlings) since the start of the stargate saga. The writers take liberty with science and immideately just dial it back and we are left with things that do not seem plausible. I mean how would you tie in a race that is more advanced than ancients and can create stars and planets in advanced stages(the star was 200 million years old and the planet should have been even older so the evolution was fast fast forwarded with time dilation devices or whatever). I also hate how they just cannot use all the technology from the asgard database and the atlantis database for possible tasks. Manufacturing zpms would solve almost all the problems for people on earth and that is easily available with the asgard computer core(which can manufacture anything when a design is fed into it). Their lack of use of goauld healing devices or how the ancients got defeated in the first place etc. If we look at it then we are talking about signals from the start of the universe and races that have the powers of ascended beings etc. To tie it all up we have to go a little far fetched(they never tie it up though). It is easy to get mckay and a few others onto destiny with a few spare zpms they found or manufactured somehow and a constant one way supply line from earth can easily help restore the ship. They have the tech e.g use of nanobots to repair a ship and manufacture hyperdrives and asgard weapons for destiny etc... the writers just don't want to give the characters an edge as it is a story of "against all odds" stuff but that does not make sense.

i just tried to tie it all although that is not possible as i made it a little too easy for the characters(as it should be but shows won't allow it)

Comment

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
                          I also hate how they just cannot use all the technology from the asgard database and the atlantis database for possible tasks.
                          The Asgard had the database of the Ancients for 1000s of years and barely scratched it's surface, so how do you expect us to have deciphered the entirety of both theirs and the asgard database in so quick a time?

Manufacturing zpms would solve almost all the problems for people on earth and that is easily available with the asgard computer core(which can manufacture anything when a design is fed into it).
                          It can manufacture the shell of one. BUT can it fill it with the power?

Their lack of use of goauld healing devices
                          As shown in several SG1 eps, we need people with Naquida in their blood to use them, plus how many have we acquired? 2 to my knowledge.

the writers just don't want to give the characters an edge as it is a story of "against all odds" stuff but that does not make sense.

i just tried to tie it all although that is not possible as i made it a little too easy for the characters(as it should be but shows won't allow it)
                          Exactly. WE manufacture what we want, have all the power we want etc, then gone is any story as we are now too Uber.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            The Asgard had the database of the Ancients for 1000s of years and barely scratched it's surface, so how do you expect us to have deciphered the entirety of both theirs and the asgard database in so quick a time?
                            Nah i am not talking about all the big tasks. It is about "imagination" or a military mind maybe. We could have gotten things like anubis's drone's armors for our soliders and with the amount of "tech" availble especially with the asgard core these things are simple. And given that our understanding has advanced to a very high level, we should be able to manufacture these things. We have knowledge of shields and what not so why not an armor like that of the altantis's asgrads? all it takes is imagination of the "Writers" part actually as they are the real limiting factor here, and american military will definitely do such things. And as they have encountered many drone warriors(even on the arctic ancient outpost) we could have used a few of those armors for a front line team like sg-1 atleast.

It can manufacture the shell of one. BUT can it fill it with the power?
                            I believe it can as it created the replicator by "filling" in the gaps of the knowledge of the program that it was fed with. And as there are "detailed" records and research on zpms in the atlantis database, i believe they could manufacture one. The trick is creating an "artificial sub space time", the rest is easy as they already know how to extrapolate zero point energy from space time(both carter and mckay did it when both interacted with alternate realities etc). And as lack of power was always a plot device, it was never done... i mean the ancients had far better technology than the asgard computer core so i think it is hard to believe there wasn't some sort of small "Factory" in atlantis which would convert anything you from in matter by inputting the designs(like the asgard core and like the computer merlin had). There are short cuts too if you go into extreme details of how the beaming technology works. The beaming tech converts matter into energy and recovers it back to matter. The program that does it, does not do it blind. It store information of how it disintegrated and then it would reintegrate at another position using that information. You can simply use an asgard core to use that data and replicate copies(both organic and non organic things can be replicated this way). The possibilities are endless, quite literally.

As shown in several SG1 eps, we need people with Naquida in their blood to use them, plus how many have we acquired? 2 to my knowledge.
                            Well they can inject some in people as they know the safe amount of dosages and they know that it actually strengthen the immune system. It is not about how many the acquired, as it is about missions trying to acquire more of such tech or atleast a sarcophagus. After the fall of the goauld, i would guess such things are easy to come by as the remaining goaulds were selling everything. If they simply get advanced armors, they can easily gather these things on missions which was their "goal" in the first place. Armors are military priorities so they should have invested in it or reused the captured ones. With such armors they could have easily carried out missions to specifically target a certain technology that they lack in. And they needed medical tech. more than anything.

Exactly. WE manufacture what we want, have all the power we want etc, then gone is any story as we are now too Uber.
                            I just don't like it... i do understand it though so i don't mind these things while watching but i can imagine when i am not

Comment

I believe it can as it created the replicator by "filling" in the gaps of the knowledge of the program that it was fed with. And as there are "detailed" records and research on zpms in the atlantis database, i believe they could manufacture one.
                              WE have not yet had an ep in SGA or SG1 which mentioned anything about the detailed notes/research on ZPMs.. The closest was in letters from pegasus where Mccay and Wier are discussing what to send back.

Comment

Working...
                              X