Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My story for SGU which nvovles a lot of nerdgasms(atleast from my side)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    WE have not yet had an ep in SGA or SG1 which mentioned anything about the detailed notes/research on ZPMs.. The closest was in letters from pegasus where Mccay and Wier are discussing what to send back.
    Okay as this is the only thing you talked about then i can go into detail about a shortcut. Yes wier only mentioned it as zpm research and no complete diagram like oniell drew of the dhd etc.

In my book, the asgard beam tech is the same as the asgard tech which materializes matter from energy, which is just a modified version. Now, this tech dematerializes you and then materializes you but does with some sort of elaborate software that stores the info. after dematerialize and uses that info to materialize you in another location. That stored info can be replicated in the asgard computer to create a replica of the thing that is materialized... this atleast seems highly highly logical but we need better understanding of the code which might take time. But simply using this info you can recreate a lot of stuff and you just need the dematerializing info which an asgard computer can do if sam or mckay can not as the program would be rather huge. You could even use the stargate's process of doing this but i guess isolating the code lines in an asgard program might be easier for the asgard core. The asgard core just needs to replicate the energy pattern and the dematerilizing info and volla, you have a working factory of anything you want to produce. The basic problem is creating a small pocket universe where the creation of exotic particles won't be a problem and that seems something really really really complicated so i guess this shortcut might be the only way for thousands of years. I am very sure it is possible as , if achievable, it will have countless applications.

Comment

But are the specs FOR the ZPM making machine in the database? If so, has it even been located?

Comment

But are the specs FOR the ZPM making machine in the database? If so, has it even been located?
        Nope.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Which puts the "get the asgard matter replicator to work pushing out ZPMs idea to bed.

Comment

Which puts the "get the asgard matter replicator to work pushing out ZPMs idea to bed.
            The Asgard replicator may be able to create the *physical construct* of a ZPM, but they make it pretty clear that accessing the sub-dimension that ZPM's draw on is beyond them.

Sorry dude
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Well what i said was that even if there is no proper instruction manual for building a zpm in the atlantis database then ofcourse it is not possible but there is a shortcut which is theoretically possible even if creating a "pocket" sub-space universe seems really hard.

When a stargate or asgard beam dematerializes matter, it does that according to an algorithm that stores the "info" of the matter before reintegrating at another location and i would call it a 'blueprint' of the device according to the understanding of the technology in question. My guess is that an asgard computer can isolate that info and use it to materialize that stuff using that matter integrating machine that the asgard core has. If it can dematerialize it and rematerialize it in working condition then it can also copy it. Not just this, it can recreate broken limbs or remove viruses or anything like that, by just changing the code of reintegration slightly etc... the possibilities are endless. The thing is that this might look far fetched but it is highly logical. There is no need for actually feeding the core with an actual blue print as the technology can already make a blueprint of its own and then simply copy it.

Comment

You might be able to copy the zpm itself, but not the subspace connection/power it holds.
                Also if they could copy and 'remove impurities; in the beaming tech (such as viruses) why could the asgard not have used that themselves ON themselves??

Comment

You might be able to copy the zpm itself, but not the subspace connection/power it holds.
                  Also if they could copy and 'remove impurities; in the beaming tech (such as viruses) why could the asgard not have used that themselves ON themselves??
                  Well it is not the asgard's fault... their hands were bound by the writers which is the actual truth... even i understood that it is theoretically possible to undo the gravity effects of a blackhole with a time dilation device but i don't know why thor couldn't grasp it fully above my level of thinking. The thing is that we try to look stuff with the vision of the writers but i am saying that it is deeply flawed and basically does not make sense.

Comment

there were technically no impurities the repeated cloning had left them with degrading genetics.

bear in mind for all the asgard advanced knowledge and technology they are dim when it comes to thinking of more simple ideas like in their war with the replicators. if they had the likes of that asgard ancestor and duplicated the body with better genes for them all they would be at a less degenerated stage but there are probably ways to shoot that idea down, genetic inbreeding of the same asgard body (one gender) at best it would buy them more time but in the long run they would end up in the same problem.

Comment

Plus they borked "Loki's" research into correcting the issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X