• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Time (213)

Visit the Episode GuideCONTINUUM - SEASON TWO
    SECOND TIME
    EPISODE NUMBER - 213
    Alec makes a discovery when he goes to confront Escher, while Liber8 comes to see the mysterious man as a terminal threat to their plans. Now closer than ever to a way home, Kiera is arrested in connection with the murder of a fellow agent.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 01 September 2013, 09:47 PM.

Definitely an amazing episode.
    I wonder what will happen in Season 3, will Alec save Kiera and the others?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurluas View Post
      Definitely an amazing episode.
      I wonder what will happen in Season 3, will Alec save Kiera and the others?
      I can't believe he straight up crossed her like that. Betrayal. Man, that sucks. Kiera never did anything wrong, why is everyone hating on her?
      Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Yeah, I was feeling really sorry for Kiera the entire episode! And now Alec went back in time to save Emily?! Well, if she is Jason's mother I'm sure Jason would appreciate it but I was actually rather pleased they killed her off. I'm also wondering how Alec got to time it just right to be there to save her? Wasn't she only killed like two days ago or something? Can't believe he took Kiera's chance to go home with him, though. Very selfish and all for a girl who was hired to play his girlfriend - sad.

I am unsure about Escher though. I think he may be telling the truth about being Alec's father but how would that work if he's actually from the future? He had to have gone back a really long time ago considering old Alec built SadTech and not Escher, even though Escher seems to have the same genius, tech and ideas... I'm also confused as to why Escher is blaming Kiera for everything going wrong, considering how he acted towards her (and pretended to be her boss) when she first came there and the fact that it was actually Alec who sent her back without her knowledge. So, either Escher is just an ass or he has no idea old Alec was behind everything. But if the latter is true, then how/why/when did Escher travel through time in the first place?

Although it left me with many questions I thought it was a great finale! I was shocked the Freelancers locked everyone up there and also a bit confused: why not just kill them? I mean, Liber8 and Kiera don't have any ties in the present so it wouldn't cause problems to off them, but it might for Jason, Escher and even Alec if they had him.

I wonder how next season is going to play out. Will Kiera work together with Liber8 to get out of there? What's up with Carlos joining Liber8?! Where/when will Alec end up?
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Oh man, my head is spinning, what a season ender!!! I've never seen a plot thicken so much as this one has, it's great, more questions! I can't wait for season 3.

Jason is Alec's son, my suspicion has been confirmed. I'm more convinced now that he is playing the insane card for self preservation and it allows him to act as if he is doing nothing but he knows exactly what is going on. Liked the way he sat there in Kellog's lab and was ignored by Escher, which is interesting. I would have thought he knew who he was.

Carlos has joined the 'Theseus' bunch not Liber8 I thought. They were the ones who liberated all the people in the future from those horrible places where the corporations put microchips in their heads when they couldn't pay back loans making them mindless automatons. It sounds like he being the voice of reason and loyalty to the principle of fair and just law was the ideal person to guide Julian. An interesting twist that he turned up there.

The showdown and fight between Travis and Kiera was great. Loved seeing the capabilities of those suits being used to the fullest. Painful to watch Travis' 'assets' being fired on, being the only way to slow him down! Did he survive the fall, was he in one of the cages at the end there, I wasn't sure. If he was he'd be extra pissed off at Kiera and probably singing soprano now?!

I too feel sorry for Kiera, she really has been taken up in the tide of events and all she wanted was to be back with her family. She is the wild card, the 'glitch' as the Freelancer said and for this reason alone it will be interesting to see who will intervene to free her and the others who have been captured. There are so many viewpoints in time that this event is being looked at, help could come from the most unlikely source.

This is why this show has got me hooked so completely, nothing is cut and dry, everyone has a valid agenda. So it will take a lot more twists and turns before the true one is revealed, great stuff!

Comment

Poor Kiera.

Do I understand the parentage correctly? Esher --> Alec --> Jason. Alec thought that Jason was his father because of the DNA match, but Jason is actually his son, which we learn in the scenes from 2077. Escher, meanwhile, is a time-traveling "freelancer" who abandoned the freelancers and fathered Alec. Yes?

Comment

Yes, Travis was hanging in one of the cages. It looked like he was submerged and had tubes/wires sticking out of him, though. Probably to keep him alive or heal him.

And yes, Escher supposedly abandoned the Freelancers years ago and fathered Alec and Jason is Alec's (future) son.
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

First of all, i am so piss that Alec hurt Kiera that way. Betrayed Kiera and got her captured by the freelancer. Poor Kiera!!All she want is to be with her family!! Alec is such a jerk!!!!!

Travis vs. Kiera: epic fight scene, good job Rachel!! Because it is just painful to watch Kiera/Rachel get beaten up like that!!
                Kind of a bitter win for Kiera, it is expected. Travis is superhuman solder with the suit(and now we confirm it have shield) can Kiera get back her future sidearm, I very like that gun.
                Carlos and Betty join Theseus, kind of unexpected. so they fighting against the government and cooperation, but not join the L8. And Carlo fight against it because of Kiera.
                Jason is alec's son and Escher is Alec's father, did not see this one coming!!

And so now what will happen now, all the L8 and Kiera, Jason lock up by the Freelancers ?? Will alec save them??
                At the very least, alec MUST save Kiera from the freelancers, Jason and Kellog also.
                sigpic

Comment

The Freelancers appear to want to remove anomalies from the timeline. It also appears that we may visit different timelines as one of the freelancers said that they wouldn't have to worry about Alec in this timeline, possibly confirming the multiple reality time travel school.

I believe that Kiera's sidearm, and her influence on this timeline will have an effect the freelancers may not have noticed.

Comment

So the asian guy is a freelancer. He had this symbol on his wall. Which matches the one of the freelancers on their fingers. Anyone wanna translate the chinese for me?

Attached Files
                    Last edited by zainea13; 06 August 2013, 09:52 PM.
                    Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

lol all our buddies are pretty much demoralized at the end of this ep kiera and all of liber8 and are stuck in a psych ward or a prison which might as well be hell. who is lucas again? hm i really hope they get to finish this show properly and it doesn't end with a cliffhanger in s3. i wonder how many eps it'll be? damn kiera got screwed big time if not in her normal future then in the past by alec and now in the future's future. why is kiera so special to be an anomaly? i dont see how much she actually changed other than emily being killed?

with the vote on the showcase website getting betty to side with liber8 was that the right call and just how much of the future would've been altered if she sided with the police and the would be cps. poor carlos is stuck with theseus and lets not forget who his family is oiy. the future's future is not looking like a nice place to be right now. i wonder just how many timelines have been created thus far and will we get to see kagame again? are the freelancers the people from the next life? i remember someone mentioning them to the asian guy when he was being released from the prison of the future

Comment

Lucas is the guy who went crazy and saw Bra'tacKagame everywhere.
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

This was just amazing. I was right about Jason.

Can't wait for season 3.

Kudos to Simon Berry (sp?) for making us all wonder what's gonna happen next.

Comment

Chinese Translate: your brothers are waiting in the future life, don't found them and they will found your trust.
                            I am from Hong Kong by the way, the translation may be not entirely correct since it missing punctuation. The Freelancers left this as a instruction for Chen when they send to 2012. They using Traditional Chinese, since most of Chinese people in Vancouver, B.C are form Hong Kong.

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
                            So the asian guy is a freelancer. He had this symbol on his wall. Which matches the one of the freelancers on their fingers. Anyone wanna translate the Chinese for me?

http://nexttrainer.com/smc/images/un...-continuum.jpg
                            http://nexttrainer.com/smc/images/al...-continuum.jpg
                            Actually that Chen guy is Chinese, for that i am sure.
                            Last edited by Rosehawk; 18 August 2013, 07:18 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              Lucas is the guy who went crazy and saw Bra'tacKagame everywhere.
                              dont you mean "Master" Bra'tac? lol everyone always forgets that part of his name.

hmm i cant see that guy being harmful to anyone i mean who cares if he is stuck in some loonybin. the s3 premiere is gonna be boring, a nutjob and labrat trying to save emily? who probably isnt important at all considering how alec of the future was acting and if kiera was really responsible for her death wouldnt he be more vengeful in the future with her? which means escher lied and is manipulating alec to his own gains. i am really gonna hate it if this series ends with kiera being back where she started without getting a big accomplishment but it looks like thats where its going.

Comment

Working...
                              X