• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Last (212)

Visit the Episode GuideCONTINUUM - SEASON TWO
    SECOND LAST
    EPISODE NUMBER - 212
    Emily and Alec find themselves on the run from the deadly Freelancers, while Kiera considers what returning home might cost her. Meanwhile, Travis tries to get his hands on a CPS suit, and Carlos protects his partner when an agent turns up dead.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 28 August 2013, 12:18 AM.

this is ittt the finale is next week. hm i am starting to think esher is a version of alec that is an even further version of himself than the one who sent kiera back. if true that'd mean him and his brother would run this new future coming. lots of great fight scenes in this ep. lots of nice butt shots...... lol from looks of the poll on the showcase continuum website Liber8 is winning so i guess we know whose side Betty will be on? why is her purpose so important and what role does she have in the future i wonder.

Comment

This episode was directed by:

*Drumroll*

AMANDA TAPPING

Comment

A good episode.. I hope Alec can remember that Emily(Maja whatever), would not have wanted him to turn evil.

Comment

This was such an exciting episode, that fight scene had me on the edge of my seat! At the end when Alec was with his girlfriend when she died, it looked like there was a little special effect, making me think that maybe Kiera's time had changed.
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I saw that too, but I think it's more a "this is the point that turns Alec to the darkside" once and for all.

Makes you wonder if he's actually going to Esher to kill him rather than a friendly let's rule the world together chat.

@daniel9, Esher is a freelancer, they showed the tiny tatoo's in between his fingers some time ago, but I think he is the Kellogg of the freelancers and once he got "here" decided not to follow his orders.

Comment

in the time they are in now that is what he is. but it doesnt mean he cant be alec from a future decades ahead of the one kiera was in then traveled back in time to set up the freelancers

Comment

The opening scene in the future was interesting. Already there is someone with more advanced tech and knowledge changing events in 2077. Loved the mystery of how the murderer's image was scrambled and Kiera's surprise. The thought did cross my mind that it could be Kiera herself, when she gets back to the future with the view to putting things right, the victim was killed with a ballistic weapon, not one of the energy weapons from that time.

People certainly believed in the infallibility of their technology in 2077, loved how Kiera couldn't accept that someone could tamper with the surveillance technology. It's interesting to see what seemed like a powerful future police force in the beginning has over the course of the two seasons been undermined by some nefarious forces and put Kiera on the road to questioning certain things about her life even before she ended up in the past.

Oh oh, a defining moment in History happened the moment the girlfriend died! Alec is going to kill the man who put her in that situation in the first place, that was a purposeful walk of revenge up to that reception desk. Love has been the cause of major conflicts before, think Troy!

Those fight scenes were good, Carlos certainly packs a punch and a kick, he was impressive! Loved watching Kiera chasing the time travel orb across those roof tops, made me feel I would have been really let down if she didn't get to grab the thing after that impressive effort!

Betty will probably help Kiera and Carlos now in the mistaken belief they are sympathetic to Liber8 on seeing that information Gardner had collected on Kiera that was setting her up.

Travis has a suit now! Be an interesting showdown with him and Kiera, boy is he a mean killing machine!

I think we're going to be left with a great cliff hanger. Finally here's a show that I'm really wanting to know what happens next, hasn't happened since SGU ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                  I saw that too, but I think it's more a "this is the point that turns Alec to the darkside" once and for all.

Makes you wonder if he's actually going to Esher to kill him rather than a friendly let's rule the world together chat.

@daniel9, Esher is a freelancer, they showed the tiny tatoo's in between his fingers some time ago, but I think he is the Kellogg of the freelancers and once he got "here" decided not to follow his orders.
                  That's an interesting thought. Escher as the Kellogg of freelancers.

I'm still a little puzzled at the whole Sonia-Travis-Kellogg thing but I'm sure it'll reveal itself next week (hopefully)

That gun battle was epic, but I couldn't help but think about how Emily got shot - she could've just stayed down. Once she had thrown the sphere, she became a non-target (unless those men were working for Escher).

I was thinking the same - that Emily's death would push Alec over to the dark side. DEFINING EVENT. Maybe the old Alec chose one path and the younger Alec will choose a different one?

Krisz It's been a while for me too, that I've followed a show (in real time!) this closely and really want to know what happens. I love the layers that continuum has.

Also, Amanda Tapping did a wonderful job, especially with the very complicated fight scene involving multiple angles, location shifts and shooters. However, what impressed me the most that, aside from the trademark crane shot (used at the beginning this time), I was so lost in the plot and story that I forgot she was directing.

Way to tell the story!

Comment

i didnt even know she was directing til after i saw the ep and came here. so whtat differences can one pick out btwn her direction and the normal directors?

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                      i didnt even know she was directing til after i saw the ep and came here. so whtat differences can one pick out btwn her direction and the normal directors?
                      Neither did I! I don't really notice differences in directors, as long as the story is told well and draws me in with the action and character interactions that's good directing for me!

Now if Amanda turns up in an episode that would be good. I last saw her in an episode of 'Motive' and she was so good in that, playing a totally different character to her normal heroines! It was fun to see her and Louis Ferreira working together.

Comment

The only thing I didn't like was Emily's demise. It was like the writer had to make a ten minute action scene in her honour. And to me it was dragged out. I knew she was gonna die, and then I had to wait for it

It would have been awesome to get to know her better, I mean, for all we know she could be from the future, and that would have been interesting to explore. I miss her already.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                          in the time they are in now that is what he is. but it doesnt mean he cant be alec from a future decades ahead of the one kiera was in then traveled back in time to set up the freelancers
                          Except Alec is already an old man in 2077 so in a couple of decades he'd be dead or, if they have some fancy medical equipment, really old while Escher is about half the age of Old Alec.
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Yeah Escher can't be Alec or his brother unless they were cloned, put on ice for 100 years and had plastic surgery.

Now... he could be Alec's son or grandson if he ever has one..?

Comment

1. Amanda Tapping directed this one? Awesome work AT!

2. RIP Emily!

3. Come on Alec...I'd like to see you get stranded in the late 1940s!

4. Freelancers get everywhere it seems, looks like Kiera's 2077 boss is one!

5. I assume Carlos still isn't going to jail.

Bleep...
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X