• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Truths (206)

Visit the Episode GuideCONTINUUM - SEASON TWO
    SECOND TRUTHS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206
    Carlos and Kiera hunt for a serial killer -- a case she knows is left unsolved in her future, leading her to methods and insights that Carlos finds hard to believe. Meanwhile, Alec looks for a way to get closer to his new friend.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

A rather creepy episode if you consider that lots of pedophiles will not die with Kiera stopping the killer. Just another of the show's gray areas and ethical dilemmas.

But it is wonderful that Carlos now knows the truth.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Interesting point. As someone who doesn't believe in capital punishment, I would argue that the killer didn't have the right to do what he did.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Definite shades of Dexter in this story. Not that that's a bad thing.

I love shades of grey in a character. Mendoza from The Mysterious Cities of Gold was amazing to watch as a young kid, because you honestly never quite knew what he would do - where his motives lay or how deeply he considered his friendships.

Kiera is quite interesting as she knows what she has to do, and can act quite harshly toward those goals, but equally there's the over arching fact that - I presume to a good chunk of the viewers - her future, that she vigorously fights to keep, is not ideal, has many faults, and the motives of Liber8 are basically "good"...
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

I thought she was trying to get back to her time with as little changed in the past as possible. This could have completely changed what the future looks like. Remember Star Trek, Edith Keeler must die. She just allowed 30 pedophiles to continue living, that should have had their lives ended in the near future.

Also, I saw Emily being a plant coming a mile a way.
          Last edited by caseyatbt; 08 March 2018, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Yes, that aspect of the story felt totally wrong - her sudden desire to interfere with her own established history.

Though precedence was set when she also tried to stop the building from being blown up... As she said - she just couldn't stand by and do nothing.
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

However, the future she'll go back to won't be her own anyway. The minute she came back in time, her timeline would be impossible for her to get back to.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X