• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Chances (201)

Visit the Episode GuideCONTINUUM - SEASON TWO
    SECOND CHANCES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 201
    Kiera reunites with Carlos in the wake of a political assassination in the city, but decides she's better off working outside the law. Meanwhile, Sonya faces a complication in her bid to take control of Liber8, and Alec starts a new life on his own.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

Overall, the season started well. Not excellently but decent. The episode suffers because it has too much too.

It tries to help the new viewer while trying to maintain the momentum of the season finale, so it fails a bit. The weakest scene is the one between Kiera and Kellog, which just falls flat and becomes an excuse for summary to help folks catch up. I liked Kiera and Kellog as a pair, whether as a couple or not, and Kiera is a bit harsh with him here. Yes, Kellog is a creepy, slimy guy, but it's like Kiera's just figuring that out, which is odd.

The scene between Alec and his Mom was also a weak spot. He came across as a total jerk and can't see how alone she is.

The Sonja and Travis plot was quite well done. Sonja is stronger than Travis thought, which was nice to see. Kiera working alongside but not perfectly in-step with the VPD is also refreshing. Her use of tech remains cool.

A good start. 8/10.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
    X