This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"General" Not suiting O'neill?

I mean, people still call him Colonel. Heck, even on the show I can see where AT and CJ and MS are catching themselves from saying "Colonel O'neill". General O'neill or Colonel Carter don't exactly roll off the tounge like droplets of water. Colonel Carter is kind of like a tongue twister. Repeat after me.

Colonel Carter, Colonel Carter, Colonel Carter, Colonel Carter, Colonel Carter, Colonel Carter, cono Carter. Cono Crater, Cnolo ...

See?

But Jack, he was made to be a colonel!! Not to sit behind desks all day!!

TEAM SG1 LIVES

Yeh, you can see that it's not suiting him, just the way he twiddles pens, and doesn't want to get on with work all too often...

--Tan

Comment

I find it funny the way he dresses as General. Hammond always had the suit on and O'neill got the shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Really doesnt seem like a General.

Comment

Can't say I've noticed anyone stumbling over the title, myself.

But I do wish they'd show him doing more as a General than just sitting behind his desk writing reports. Hammond did more than that, come on, guys! A little variety wouldn't go amiss here.

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

There was a mention on here when Zero Hour aired that Major Davis called him Colonel, but he did call him General.

It does look odd that he wears the jackets with his sleeves up, he is wearing his uniform abit like Jonas did in Season 6.

I think Generals in the real world must wear uniforms like O'Neill does otherwise the Air Force would have said to the Producers that they can't have a General wearing green fatigues on base etc.

Comment

I thought it was kinda funny for a while. Especially in some of the earlier episodes, like when sg1 are going through the gate and O'Neill says he has to do something like chosing what colour the decorations would be. However, the novelty soon wore off. He looks bored and dejected. Something needs to be done before they ruin the image of O'Neill. I don't want to remember him behind a desk, bored.
            The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
            The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
            Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
            Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
            An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
            Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Neither do I
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Working...
              X