Possible fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible fixes

I was watching Continuum and I started to wonder about the alternate fixes SG-1 could have enacted to repair the timeline, or the tools they could have used toward that end. Assuming they could slip past the government surveillance or get the president to sign off on them.

To start off, the following:
    • The stargates, these could be used to move around the galaxy and are the obvious first choice to gather materials or contact help
    • Osiris's ship which was buried under sand in Egypt until Osiris used it to escape. Could easily have been accessed by SG-1
    • The ZPM that SG-1 travelled back in time to retrieve and left there in Moebius, could have been used to travel to atlantis and retrieve the timeship or to contact the Asgard.

I'm not entirely sure of this one, the ZPM should still be there, right? Since Ba'al changed the timeline AFTER they put the ZPM there.

Here are a couple of less useful and possibly irrelevant places SG-1 might find useful things:
    • Hathor and Setesh may still be on Earth in the coniditions SG-1 first found them, assuming Ba'al didn't recruit them into his empire
    • The Avalon cave may hold some useful technologies that SG-1 would have been useless to them when found in the main timeline, but may be useful now

They could use these in a number of ways to contact allies and gather materials to once again save the world.

And a couple of special, completely for fun possibilities that probably wouldn't work:
    They use one of of these options to travel to Orlin's planet (Velona, with the big honkin' space gun) and wait for him to fall in love with Sam, then they travel back to Earth and wait for Orlin to show himself, then recruit him to either fix the timeline or at least save Earth. Which he probably wouldn't do.

They use the ship or stargate to travel to P3R-233 and then access the quantum mirror to find help in another universe, much like Dr Carter did.

Anyone have any more? Serious or not, I'd like to hear them!

Osiris's ship might not have worked since there was no one with a hand device to activate it. But i like the idea of potenitally using Hathor or Seth..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Osiris's ship might not have worked since there was no one with a hand device to activate it.
      It may have worked, the ship was probably ordinary aside from a unique look. The only issue would have been activating the strange shelf console thing, but surely Carter could figure something out after working with Goa'uld technology for so long.

Comment

Osiris's ship might not have worked since there was no one with a hand device to activate it. But i like the idea of potenitally using Hathor or Seth..
        Sam could have used the ribbon device that was also stored in the pyramid where the ship was buried nearby.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

That's also asuming in that alternate time line, those things were still there.

Comment

That's also asuming in that alternate time line, those things were still there.
            Well yeah, some things may not be, depending on what Ba'al tampered with after sinking the ship, but others may well remain. He'd have no reason to remove Osiris's ship, he may not even know about it. And the ZPM was SG-1's doing, which happened in 5,000BC, which was long before Ba'al sunk the ship.. still not sure on that, though.

Comment

Osiris had been placed in stasis by Seth thousands of years ago, so of course his ship (and ribbon device) would still be there when Ba'al only went back to 1939 and changed the events from then on.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
              X