Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Character Appreciation Thread ( Spoilers for all seasons SG1/SGA)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweet_pea
    Hi guys,
    i new at this game, and was just wondering what is with a Shipper? what are they? You can all laugh at me i don't mind
    No need to laugh. A shipper is a fan of a particular relationship (focus on romance) between two characters. For instance, you got shippers for Sheppard/Weir, or McKay/Weir, or Sheppard/Teyla, or Teyla/Ronon. They usually emphasize their 'ship' of choice. The term 'ship' is actually a fandom thing (from fanfics) that simply took 'relationships' and shortened it.

You can usually tell the shippers from everybody else. For instance, if my sig is somehow too subtle for anyone to comprehend , I'm a S/W shipper.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
    I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
    Spoiler:
    Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Seeing Weir and Sheppard get "closer" would be awesome. Even if it only happened once. You can tell they like one another. They should stop fighting it.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Who knew Nolamom could talk like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
          No need to laugh. A shipper is a fan of a particular relationship (focus on romance) between two characters. For instance, you got shippers for Sheppard/Weir, or McKay/Weir, or Sheppard/Teyla, or Teyla/Ronon. They usually emphasize their 'ship' of choice. The term 'ship' is actually a fandom thing (from fanfics) that simply took 'relationships' and shortened it.

You can usually tell the shippers from everybody else. For instance, if my sig is somehow too subtle for anyone to comprehend , I'm a S/W shipper.

Stop it Whistler84....we know who you really ship for.....just kidding....

Anyhow...I am not much of a *cough* shipper *cough* but if I had to really, really, really, choose....ah, chucks...I won't tell you...you aren't going to get it out of me...You are just going to have to guess....

And I think the word "ship" itself comes from the word relationship...AHHHHHHHH....Darn it, I'm good!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X