Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the saddest moment in SG-1 for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even knowing daniel returns, every time i watch meridian i still get close to tearing up.

Comment

It's coming up in season seven, and it's going to annihilate me emotionally. I'm already sad knowing that I'm nearing Meridian in my re-watch, so it doesn't help that I can't really look forward to Daniel returning after season six.

Daniel and Beckett's deaths would have left more of an impact had they not returned, and Elizabeth's just made me angry, so as sad as the moments of those deaths were, the permanence and nature of Janet's will always hit me the hardest.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Meridian is the number 1 emotionally memorable episode for me too Almost had me a couple of times Fight those tears!
        Signature removed by popular demand...

Comment

For me, it was Janet's death, then Jacob Carter's, then when the Prometheus was destroyed and Colonel Pendergast "went down with the ship".

Comment

Originally posted by T1Cybernetic View Post
            Meridian is the number 1 emotionally memorable episode for me too Almost had me a couple of times Fight those tears!

Watched this again tonight...yep, still gets me every time....the farewell scene by Daniel to Jack and when he asks Jacob to stop is probably one of the best scenes in Stargate....the music is amazing and the acting from the guys just perfect....really the right way to do a "death" in Sci-fi imho...

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
              Watched this again tonight...yep, still gets me every time....the farewell scene by Daniel to Jack and when he asks Jacob to stop is probably one of the best scenes in Stargate....the music is amazing and the acting from the guys just perfect....really the right way to do a "death" in Sci-fi imho...

Deeds xx
              Agreed +100. Even Janet's death to me is not as emotionally nerve wracking.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Even knowing daniel returns, every time i watch meridian i still get close to tearing up.
                Amen!
                sigpic

Comment

The saddest moment for me? That it ended lol

I'm not sure. I think there were quite a few individual moments for me, rather than one that just overpowered the rest. Fair to say that each character brought a few. As others have mentioned heavily, Janet's death, Daniels death/ascension, Teal'c in 'Changeling' for me, that was a sad/happy one for several reasons. Jack/Carter, together and separately also had their moments.

Comment

Saddest moment: O'Neill losing Charlie for the second time in Cold Lazarus
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

I think the saddest part was when the amnesiac Ke'ra (also known as Linea, destroyer of worlds) was legitimately in love with Daniel Jackson but also wanted to see him die (along with everyone else on Earth) So much in fact, that she wanted her memory wiped again so she could forget him and her murderous tendencies.

Comment

I think the saddest moment for me was when the Asgard died. I know a lot of posts say when Daniel died, but he didn't die he ascended. Big difference, but the Asgard dying was the end of an entire race. I don't count the Vanir as being Asgard either, bc they were so different than them. They didn't care about anybody or anything except their own survival. Experimenting on humans indiscriminately, activating a weapon that blows up stargate. People rely on the gates for trade. Plus the explosive nature of the naqadah in the gates that could've killed millions if left up to the Vanir. The Asgard were regarded as "protectors of, friends to all, except the goa'uld....". The Vanir were the polar opposite of them.
                        Last edited by Bhousden; 27 January 2017, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Saddest part, when the SG franchise really finished, SGU wasn't much but there was that small amount of crossover that kept it ongoing.....now just an empty void, it was an end of an area, watching the movie is highschool and SG1 all through my 20s

Comment

The saddest moment for me is the death of tealcs wife drey'auc as well as shan'auc who was close to teal'c Janet Fraser s death was very sad as well as martouf and Jacob carter ,Daniel Jackson and jack in Stargate continuum

Comment

One of the saddest is in SGU when Tamara realized that she lost her baby, in SG1 Martouf dying was also sad and the Asgard dying too-that one always gets to me-and SGA when Beckett died -the way the end of the episode played out was written and acted so well with Beckett's spirit and MCKay talking on the Atlantis pier.

Comment

When Janet Frasier died. And when Jacob Carter died.

In SGA, I agree with the scene about Beckett's spirit and McKay talking on the Atlantis pier.

Comment

Working...
                                X