Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default What was the saddest moment in SG-1 for you?

For me, it was when Daniel was on his death bed, and then ascending.

Just watched "Meridian", and I'm sobbing all over again, even though I've seen it, aswell as everything else Stargate, millions of times.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Default Re: What was the saddest moment in SG-1 for you?

I'm sure everyone will agree: the last parts or so of Heroes pt 2 starting from when we see the video Daniel took through to the scene with Jack and Sam through to Teal'c helping Sam write a list then the memorial service.

But I also find the part in Continuum where SG-1 lament the loss of their real lives, identities and each other particularly heartbreaking. I find the music particularly lonely and sad :'(
    Stargate Conventions Attended
    -Wolf Events S8 London 2004- Don Davis, Paul McGillion, Teryl Rothery, Neil Denis, Peter Wingfield, Ronny Cox
    -Wolf Events SG10 London 2005 - David Nykl, Neil Denis, Eric Brecker, Alex Zahara, Tobias Mehler, Dan Shea, Cliff Simon
    -Creation Con Chicago 2013 - Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Ben Browder, Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett, Kate Hewlett, Tori Higginson, Gary Jones
    ... CAN'T WAIT!!!

For me, there were two saddest moments. When Janet died and when Jacob died.

Janet's death, Jacob's death and Jack's death (in Continuum).
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories. /

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Billz View Post
    For me, it was when Daniel was on his death bed, and then ascending.

Just watched "Meridian", and I'm sobbing all over again, even though I've seen it, aswell as everything else Stargate, millions of times.
    Agreed/ I was literally sobbing when Daniel died. I was sitting there thinking: "what's wrong with me." I also cried when Dr. Frasier died.

The top two have already been mentioned so I'll go with the third one that stuck with me long afterwards - when Sam betrayed the replicator guy who was helping her and left him stuck in the time dilation. Even though I know she "had to" I also know that if it were an SG-1 member they would have figured something out, and it was just so depressingly typical of sci-fi to screw over the person helping a main character. (How many scenes have I watched where some idealistic hero ropes the aliens into helping him out and they die? It must be about a hundred by now.)

well I agree with all of you; Daniel and Janet's death were definitely the worst.
    I also agree with minminlight, although for me, it wasn't so much a sad moment, as it was an infuriating moment, cause like you said; if it had been any of them, they would've figured something out. They created the villain Fifth became.

To me, a very sad moment is when SG-1 travels to the planet where Ernest Littlefield has been for the last 50 years. He approaches them and pokes Daniel, who then says "we're real", and Ernest starts to cry... oh my, my heart broke. That man was alone for 50 years, and now someone has finally come for him.

Janet's death and Sam's reaction to it.
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

I'd go with Daniel's first asention, Frazier's death,Jacob's death and Maurtof's death

I agree with everyone basically.

Well in the context the question has been taken in, I would agree with all the previous posters.
    But the saddest moment (or moments, 'cos I have two) for me was cancelling SG1 after series 10, then not going ahead with the movie about Jack O'Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Knows View Post
    But the saddest moment (or moments, 'cos I have two) for me was cancelling SG1 after series 10, then not going ahead with the movie about Jack O'Neil.
    I get pretty emotional while watching Unending. Landry dies. Carter gives up. There's despair, regrets, resignation. The characters can see their own end approaching, and we viewers simultaneously know that the end of the series approaches. *sniff*
    Last edited by Brother Freyr; July 19th, 2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Undending --> Unending

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Who Knows View Post
    Well in the context the question has been taken in, I would agree with all the previous posters.
    Wait- there was going to be a movie about Jack? I feel cheated ...

The one that got me for some reason was when the robot Jack 'died' in 'Double Jeopardy'. It was a poignant moment as the robot that was essentially Jack 'dies' knowing that he'd convinced the flesh and blood Jack that they were not that different and Jack was affected by this.

i couldn't agree more with you. May i add that a sad moment was when Jack disapearred in season 9? (well, actually, we didn't have him too much in season 8, but it was there..)
    The way Sam turns her had and sees CO in that stasis chamber, freezed in order to be kept alive. There are many sad moments, but i, for instance, i'm happy about that, so i guess i'm feeling both sad and glad when seeing theese moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Wait- there was going to be a movie about Jack? I feel cheated ...
    Yes, and there was going to be a Sam/Jack confirmation scene! Grrrr!
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

so many moments

Janet's death and Sam's reaction to it
    Jack saying goodbye to his son
    Jack dying in the movie and Sam not wanting to leave adn the aftermath, I mean she bought freaking fruit loops or frooty loops I think they were called in the movie.
    Daniel's first ascension

Ditto to the betraying Fifth. It's like "You're special, like us and we will help you" Then bang they just used his humanity against him. Also sad that O'Neill put Carter in a bad situation.

But saddest for me was Jacob telling Sam that he was going to die, not the actual death scene.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLM View Post
    Yes, and there was going to be a Sam/Jack confirmation scene! Grrrr!
    YES, damn MGM to hell for not making it! There's an article about it here on the GW section of SG-1 movies. It was supposed to be called Stargate:Revolution and there's this:

"There's a dinner scene in the first draft of Stargate: Revolution that made it pretty clear that Jack and Sam were, in fact, together."
    (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)
    AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I can't think of what the saddest moment was. There were some moments that weren't necessarily sad in terms of death, but were rather moving to me. One that sticks with me is in Divide and Conquer when Jack is going for the za'tarc testing and turns around to look at Sam. Something about that look is heartbreaking to me.

i hated janet's fake amicable attitude...

i felt sad everytime someone else from "sg-1" died... i felt sad always when people who helped sg-1 escape or whatever died... i felt sad when o'neill didn't believe anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by destiny khan View Post
    i hated janet's fake amicable attitude...

i felt sad everytime someone else from "sg-1" died... i felt sad always when people who helped sg-1 escape or whatever died... i felt sad when o'neill didn't believe anyone...
    in other words, you just plain felt sad. thankfully, modern pharmacology has made great progress in treating mood disorders