Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the saddest moment in SG-1 for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Janet Fraser died, and when Beckett died.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
      Janet's death and Sam's reaction to it.
      Yep that right there!

S.S.

Comment

The Changeling S6 E19

Teal'c screaming: "My symbiote is gone! My symbiote is gone! "

Brought a tear to my eye.

Comment

The saddest moments for me are whenever a character I love/like dies, I cried when both Martouf/Lantash and Jacob/Selmak died they are my 2 fav characters along with Sam...nowadays I avoid those eps when Martouf & Jacob die because it's too sad for me I was also sad when Janet Fraiser died, I don't like her replacement Dr Lam.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
            What was the saddest moment in SG-1 for you?
            Hands down the farewell and collective suicide of the Asgards in "Unending". That was not only extremely depressing, but one of the ****tiest series finale ever. There is literally no reason why the Asgard should have died. They writers killed the Asgard off just so that the Tau'ri could inherit all their goodies. It was pathetic.
            Last edited by NoobTau'ri; 10 April 2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

^oh yes I forgot to mention the death of the Asgards, that was really sad too, I also cried when they committed mass suicide and blew up their planet, it was so unnecessary! I hate Cooper for killing the Asgards, actually I hate many of the decisions Cooper made after he took over the show.

At least the Asgards were not completely wiped out, a small group of Asgards survived in Atlantis, but I miss Thor and all the other Asgards we've come to love in SG-1.

Comment

Janets death.

For me it was a hard one to take because we SAW it happen. She was out there, in the field, saving lives and then just a flash of white and she was gone. I was so shocked by it because it was so sudden and i cried SO much, i still cry SO much when i see it.

Also, and i know it ended up happy...but when sam had to leave cassie behind because of the "bomb". That whole scene in the elevator where sam is kicking the crap out of the walls and just so angry and sad was absolutely heartbreaking.

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                sigpic

Comment

I agree with everyone. Also when they drop Cassie off and Carter tells the rest that "she's awake" and their reaction. Also a weird emotional moment for me was when Apohis is at the SGC dying and he says "I am afraid" that really struck me for some reason because it was so human and real.

Comment

The saddest moment for me was one of the obvious ones, which has understanably been mentioned a lot in this thread. One other moment that is less obvious, that I find quite emotional and I don't think has been mentioned here (apologies if I have missed it) is in Cold Lazarus when Jack is remembering the death of Charlie.

Comment

Probably already mentioned but that mirror thing with alternate realities. Sam's Jack was dead then she finds our Jack but it's just not the same. It's everything Jack and Sam actually secretly wanted but couldn't have yet again because of various rules of the Universe or Military.

Then all the realities that were over taken by the enemy...nothing anyone can do about them...that episode had a lot of sad things in it.

Comment

Like most have said...Janet's death and Daniel's death.
                        sigpic

Comment

There were two - Janet's death and Jacob's death. Mostly because those deaths were final; they were not coming back from them.

Comment

It is still the season 7's "Lifeboat" when the father and son were talking in a flashback scene. The music is so sad. We also know that the boy will die later while they had to leave his mother behind because of the lottery. And it is hard to see when a child is envolved. Very emotional and it was a great acting from Michael Shanks too.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

The demise of the Asgard, or all the ones we had come to know anyway. It felt like an absolute gut punch that remained with me throughout the whole episode.
                              "Welcome to the Good place"

Let's save the planet, it's the only one we have.

Comment

Janet's death. What made it so sad was that it happened while Janet was doing what she does best...saving lives. What made it sadder was seeing everyone else react to her death instead of having a long drawn out death scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X