Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the saddest moment in SG-1 for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the saddest moment in SG-1 for you?

For me, it was when Daniel was on his death bed, and then ascending.

Just watched "Meridian", and I'm sobbing all over again, even though I've seen it, aswell as everything else Stargate, millions of times.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

I'm sure everyone will agree: the last parts or so of Heroes pt 2 starting from when we see the video Daniel took through to the scene with Jack and Sam through to Teal'c helping Sam write a list then the memorial service.

But I also find the part in Continuum where SG-1 lament the loss of their real lives, identities and each other particularly heartbreaking. I find the music particularly lonely and sad :'(
    Stargate Conventions Attended
    -Wolf Events S8 London 2004- Don Davis, Paul McGillion, Teryl Rothery, Neil Denis, Peter Wingfield, Ronny Cox
    -Wolf Events SG10 London 2005 - David Nykl, Neil Denis, Eric Brecker, Alex Zahara, Tobias Mehler, Dan Shea, Cliff Simon
    -Creation Con Chicago 2013 - Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Ben Browder, Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett, Kate Hewlett, Tori Higginson, Gary Jones
    ... CAN'T WAIT!!!

Comment

For me, there were two saddest moments. When Janet died and when Jacob died.

Comment

Janet's death, Jacob's death and Jack's death (in Continuum).
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
          For me, it was when Daniel was on his death bed, and then ascending.

Just watched "Meridian", and I'm sobbing all over again, even though I've seen it, aswell as everything else Stargate, millions of times.
          Agreed/ I was literally sobbing when Daniel died. I was sitting there thinking: "what's wrong with me." I also cried when Dr. Frasier died.
          sigpic

Comment

The top two have already been mentioned so I'll go with the third one that stuck with me long afterwards - when Sam betrayed the replicator guy who was helping her and left him stuck in the time dilation. Even though I know she "had to" I also know that if it were an SG-1 member they would have figured something out, and it was just so depressingly typical of sci-fi to screw over the person helping a main character. (How many scenes have I watched where some idealistic hero ropes the aliens into helping him out and they die? It must be about a hundred by now.)
            sigpic

Comment

well I agree with all of you; Daniel and Janet's death were definitely the worst.
              I also agree with minminlight, although for me, it wasn't so much a sad moment, as it was an infuriating moment, cause like you said; if it had been any of them, they would've figured something out. They created the villain Fifth became.

To me, a very sad moment is when SG-1 travels to the planet where Ernest Littlefield has been for the last 50 years. He approaches them and pokes Daniel, who then says "we're real", and Ernest starts to cry... oh my, my heart broke. That man was alone for 50 years, and now someone has finally come for him.

Comment

Janet's death and Sam's reaction to it.
                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I'd go with Daniel's first asention, Frazier's death,Jacob's death and Maurtof's death

I agree with everyone basically.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well in the context the question has been taken in, I would agree with all the previous posters.
                    But the saddest moment (or moments, 'cos I have two) for me was cancelling SG1 after series 10, then not going ahead with the movie about Jack O'Neil.
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                      But the saddest moment (or moments, 'cos I have two) for me was cancelling SG1 after series 10, then not going ahead with the movie about Jack O'Neil.
                      I get pretty emotional while watching Unending. Landry dies. Carter gives up. There's despair, regrets, resignation. The characters can see their own end approaching, and we viewers simultaneously know that the end of the series approaches. *sniff*
                      Last edited by Brother Freyr; 19 July 2013, 07:09 PM. Reason: Undending --> Unending

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                        Well in the context the question has been taken in, I would agree with all the previous posters.
                        Wait- there was going to be a movie about Jack? I feel cheated ...
                        sigpic

Comment

The one that got me for some reason was when the robot Jack 'died' in 'Double Jeopardy'. It was a poignant moment as the robot that was essentially Jack 'dies' knowing that he'd convinced the flesh and blood Jack that they were not that different and Jack was affected by this.

Comment

i couldn't agree more with you. May i add that a sad moment was when Jack disapearred in season 9? (well, actually, we didn't have him too much in season 8, but it was there..)
                            The way Sam turns her had and sees CO in that stasis chamber, freezed in order to be kept alive. There are many sad moments, but i, for instance, i'm happy about that, so i guess i'm feeling both sad and glad when seeing theese moments.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kali View Post
                              Wait- there was going to be a movie about Jack? I feel cheated ...
                              Yes, and there was going to be a Sam/Jack confirmation scene! Grrrr!
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                              X