This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    I think Weir's nanite upgrade was potentially one of the most interesting arcs imaginable for SGA at the time. Then they botched it.
    Too true; though name me the potential storyline they didn't botch....?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      I think Weir's nanite upgrade was potentially one of the most interesting arcs imaginable for SGA at the time. Then they botched it.
      Agreed. I would rather have them make a deal with the Asurans - submit to their testing. Asurans could create replicator copies of them, including Elizabeth Wier and send them back to Antlantis. Then, at the end of the next episode, it would be revealed that the team made a bet with the Asurans - that the Raplicator copies of them would want to go back to their planet, much like the android copies of SG-1 back in Stargate SG-1. We would also find out that Wier and Sheppard are responsible for the bet, which they would actually win. This would result in the entire team returning to Atlantis and no-one would be left behind. Wier would be sent back to Earth after this so Daniel and Sam could figure out how to get the replicator nanites our of her.She would be gone for a total of a couple of episodes, only to return back for season 5.

Eventually, the replicator copies of Shappard's team would live the same fate of the SG-1's androids in a similar way and that would lead to an alliance between the Atlantis expedition and the Asurans. Not every freaking alien race has to be this super-evil alien empire that is only interested in killing everyone and taking what does not belong to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
        Agreed. I would rather have them make a deal with the Asurans - submit to their testing. Asurans could create replicator copies of them, including Elizabeth Wier and send them back to Antlantis.
        TBH that's exactly the path i would not go down.

For one, i think bridging the gap between human and replicator is important. Not only do the replicators want to ascend, but it's also clear that humans can have quite an extended control over replicators. It is, for all intents and purposes, a weapon against them. To me, it's a delicate...marriage that could go untold depths and places.

It would also make the Asurans more than "SG1's replicators but in SGA". In SG1, they were a virus. I would like to think that replicators imitating the Ancients would behave more like you would expect ancients to behave. You know, as actual wise and intelligent beings that have a greater sense of understanding, also beyond the mere individual. The Asurans' rather single-minded approach to me severely broke down that idea of imitation.

Comment

I understand, but if the story would go down as I said, it would still turn out better than it did and we most probably wouldn't get the "fake/gost Wier" episode in the last season. The plot might not have worked so great as it had in SG-1, but it would still enable the writers to keep Wier on the show part time with the actress that played her from the start of SGA as they would have an excuse for her NOT being there and NOT leading the expedition. However, SGC would assign one member of Sheppard's team to lead the expedition. Hell, they could even have Todd join them alla Teal'c after that member of the said team would realise that he/she can't do both tasks because he/she is too valuable for Sheppard's team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
            I understand, but if the story would go down as I said, it would still turn out better than it did (..) Hell, they could even have Todd join them alla Teal'c after that member of the said team would realise that he/she can't do both tasks because he/she is too valuable for Sheppard's team.
            TBH it would turn out worse. Tin Man was an episode which left open a HUGE plothole (risk-free interplanetary exploration at no cost?) and i would prefer not to be reminded of that.

Also, todd joining is a bad idea because he's someone who always holds a knife behind his back, ready to backstab.

Comment

Working...
            X