I hated but now love sgu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally agree with you,Trig !

I don't understand why people don't like this show,in my opinion SGU is very good show.

SGU was cancelled but i believe that sometime will be released movie about new adventures of this team.
    sigpic

Comment

I am one of those who has watched all episodes when originally aired and did in fact struggle through it when it was first aired.

Several months ago I did a complete rewatch without the giant hiatus and week long breaks. The second viewing allowed me to see what they were trying to do.

I know why people didn't like the show. The show isn't very much a Stargate series. Yes, it has Earth, Stargate Command, and a bit of the back history and even mini Stargates. But at it's core, the whole series was different from SG-1 and SG-A which threw many fans off of it. Remember that those two series were very episodic in nature with a background series long arc. In Universe it was each episode was leading up to the next and take from the previous. It also presented a feeling of hopelessness which can definitely turn people off. They are lost with no way to get home at the moment. Their ship is falling apart with not a lot of options in repairing it. You got tons of drama between people who are technically not the best and brightest with only Eli and Rush being close to that.
      Hi There!

Comment

Season 2 was a vast improvement over season 1, however, the noticeable big improvement only came in the second half of that season, which was too late for improvements in ratings.

I believe the show should have been more user friendly to fans of sg1 and sga initially, and then gradually forged its own identity following success, the change in approach to the storytelling and style was just too abrupt for most long term stargate fans.
        Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
        Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Working...
        X