I hated but now love sgu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hated but now love sgu

When i first watched it i found season one really boring and had to push myself to watch it with the exception of some episodes but now watching it a 2nd and a 3rd time I love each episode and appreciate
    The character development, the only thing i find annoying about it is unlike sg1and sga is you can't just put on any episode and enjoy it, with sgu it is much more enjoyable watching all the episodes in order. I still find it sad it got cancelled knowing it will probably never get a conclusion and i wish that more fans of stargate would have pushed them selves to watch it because it did get better.

Heya Tomaso 88.

This quite often happens that youy need to watch a show or series more than once to like it.

Im glad you gave it a 2nd or 3rd chance.
    By the way why did it get cancelled in the end i never heard why.

Perhaps next time it comes on over here ill try and watch it.

Comment

Yeah got cancelled sadly and i watched it the 3rd time because i enjoyed it so much the 2nd time lol. But i really hope they do a movie which is super unlikely though

Comment

Season 1 was a bit bleugh I agree, the back half of Season 2 is where it really kicks off and makes you wonder just how much better it could of been..

Comment

Good to see another person giving SGU a go and finding it's not so bad after all!

Took me the best part of season 1 to get into it when it first aired. It was so different, especially with the filming style which was hard to deal with at first. However, after a couple of rewatches I've got used to it and don't notice it now. It was the characters and how they dealt with their situation that drew me in. This was gradually built on and we end up with some great moments in season 2. This left us with the fantastic final episodes of season 2 which left you wondering why it ended when there were so many possibilities to explore, it was sad.

Comment

Originally posted by REPLICATOR SAM View Post
            Heya Tomaso 88.

This quite often happens that youy need to watch a show or series more than once to like it.

Im glad you gave it a 2nd or 3rd chance.
            By the way why did it get cancelled in the end i never heard why.

Perhaps next time it comes on over here ill try and watch it.
            The "official" reason for it being cancelled was due to low ratings. Not enough people watching it. It started out with fairly good ratings, but as time went on the ratings slipped to a point where the network was no longer willing to continue it.

Comment

Oh reading this makes me happy!
              I'm glad you decided to give it another chance, it's so good!
              And I agree; it's a shame it got cancelled

Comment

I actually really enjoyed it when I first watched it. Not knowing anything about Stargate at the time, I had actually started them in reverse order, SGU, SGA, now in the last season of SG1!

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
                  When i first watched it i found season one really boring and had to push myself to watch it with the exception of some episodes but now watching it a 2nd and a 3rd time I love each episode and appreciate
                  The character development, the only thing i find annoying about it is unlike sg1and sga is you can't just put on any episode and enjoy it, with sgu it is much more enjoyable watching all the episodes in order. I still find it sad it got cancelled knowing it will probably never get a conclusion and i wish that more fans of stargate would have pushed them selves to watch it because it did get better.
                  Too late now pal it was people like you who destroyed the show by slating it in the first place.

Of course ultimately the producers were responsible but as an SG fan you should have known to stick with it and see it through. Now we've lost SGU for good. The sets have been destroyed and sold off and we've no hope of finding out the end of the story at all.

Comment

Originally posted by tomaso88 View Post
                    Yeah I hated season one, but then I pushed myself to watch season 2 and loved it mainly because of what we were learning about Destiny for example the control room being unlocked and Rush not telling the crew and was really fascinated about Destiny's mission.

You just can't go into Universe with the mindset that it's going to be like Sg1 or SGA. Wish they would revive the series, they'll have to reboot the series though if they don't renew Universe since we never got to see what happened to Atlantis either.

Comment

I actually think SGU had the potential to easily be the best of all the Stargate series. I've watched my SGU DVDs lots of times. I very rarely pop in my SG1 DVDs and I haven't watched SGA since I watched all five seasons on DVD the first time.

SGU had enormous potential. I still love SG1 and SGA is decent, but they both seem kind of cheesy after watching SGU. SGU was darker, had a more real tone to it, and the character development really added a lot to the show. I loved it from the beginning. In fact I think the only episode I really didn't like out of the entire series was the final episode.

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                        I actually really enjoyed it when I first watched it. Not knowing anything about Stargate at the time, I had actually started them in reverse order, SGU, SGA, now in the last season of SG1!
                        i'd love to know your opinion on what is your fave stargate now?
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PA452 View Post
                          I actually think SGU had the potential to easily be the best of all the Stargate series. I've watched my SGU DVDs lots of times. I very rarely pop in my SG1 DVDs and I haven't watched SGA since I watched all five seasons on DVD the first time.

SGU had enormous potential. I still love SG1 and SGA is decent, but they both seem kind of cheesy after watching SGU. SGU was darker, had a more real tone to it, and the character development really added a lot to the show. I loved it from the beginning. In fact I think the only episode I really didn't like out of the entire series was the final episode.
                          The one thing I didn't like about the final episode of SGU was that it was the final episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            The one thing I didn't like about the final episode of SGU was that it was the final episode!
                            That was the worst part for sure. But I also didn't like where they were going with the drones. I thought it was silly that the drones could be at every potential star or catch up to them so fast. That was actually a problem with the second to last episode too, but I thought the scene in the abandoned city was kind of cool. Plus like James I'm originally from the Pittsburgh area. We had just gotten to the point where we had two working shuttles in prime condition, and in that last episode they destroyed one by using it as drone bait.

Bottom line, I just felt like the drone thing was getting lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
                              Too late now pal it was people like you who destroyed the show by slating it in the first place.
                              Wanna cut back the rage on someone who actually liked the show?

Of course ultimately the producers were responsible but as an SG fan you should have known to stick with it and see it through. Now we've lost SGU for good. The sets have been destroyed and sold off and we've no hope of finding out the end of the story at all.
                              Sorry, what was that?

I don't want to start another "fanwank war", but really?
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                              X