• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything Is Broken (113)

Visit the Episode GuideDEFIANCE - SEASON ONE
    EVERYTHING IS BROKEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 113
    While the town citizens cast their votes for the next mayor, Earth Republic mercenaries search for Irisa and the Votan tech hidden inside her. Stahma fears for her life after Datak learns a secret.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 01 August 2013, 12:44 AM.

Well...this will be a frustrating year to wait.
    sigpic

Comment

I started to really like this show in the later part of the season.

Spoiler:
      I wasn't too happy about Datak winning the election, or course I figured he would. Not really sure why he threw it all away at the end. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand him or his wife, so I'm glad to see them in serious hot water! I am a bit confused about what is going on with Irisa and how she was able to save Nolan.

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
        I started to really like this show in the later part of the season.

Spoiler:
        I wasn't too happy about Datak winning the election, or course I figured he would. Not really sure why he threw it all away at the end. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand him or his wife, so I'm glad to see them in serious hot water! I am a bit confused about what is going on with Irisa and how she was able to save Nolan.
        It's the usual favourite reason now for SciFi that can't be explained plausibly.

Spoiler:
        GOD DID IT.
        Or in this case, Irzu((sp?) did it.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the show, but this particular reason for something happening is wearing a bit thin, at least WH13 haven't yet had to fall back on it.

Comment

Ahhhh, I don't want to wait a year! That's waaaay too long! Does anyone know why it's going to be so long of a wait? I feel like with sci-fi shows a year is too long because the ratings (unfortunately) aren't as high as other tv shows. Oh well. Either way, great season finale. Though I'll agree I was a bit confused as well as to why Datak threw it all away in the end. I really hope all of next season won't be completely about how the earth republic takes over Defiance. I also hope Amanda's sister (can't think of her name right now) isn't dead, Datak's wife (also can't think of the name right now) really surprised me with that one. I thought she was at least a little better than her husband.
          Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
            Ahhhh, I don't want to wait a year! That's waaaay too long! Does anyone know why it's going to be so long of a wait?.

It could possibly be because the ratings it is receiving is more appropriate for a summer show than a Fall or Spring show.
            sigpic

Comment

probably need the production time for the effects, and then less competition in the summer.

Put this against castle and other network shows and it wouldn't be pretty.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Another reason the wait seems so long could be that there are only 13 episodes in the season. If you had 10 or so more weeks of new episodes during the next few months it wouldn't seem quite so far away.
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  My theory is that Kenya (Amanda's sister) doesn't die someone will find her at the last minute and bring her to medical attention. Datak and Stahma will find some way to pin the death of the ER general? on someone else

Comment

I really liked the last two episodes and I'm glad that I stuck with it!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      My theory is that Kenya (Amanda's sister) doesn't die someone will find her at the last minute and bring her to medical attention. Datak and Stahma will find some way to pin the death of the ER general? on someone else
                      I doubt she is dead, most likely Stahma did not kill her but knocked her out and ties her up somewhere. You could tell that Stahma was really enjoying betraying her husband so not killing Kenya would be the ultimate rush for her.

Comment

I liked the episode -- possibly more than any other -- but was disappointed by Nolan's ressurrection. Nolan's death and Iryssa's grief were powerful. Believable. Appropriate. They would have served as believeable motivators for future actions. They would have deepened Iryssa's character and driven her story forward. Instead, the showrunners blinked. They feared to take those bold actions that can lift a show above the rest. (I assume Kenya is alive as well.)

As others have said, Defiance has real potential. I doubt the show runners are brave enough to fulfill that potential.

Comment

I love the Castithans.... Did not like then when the show started but Stahma Tarr is one of my favourite characters. Give me some sneaky alien women any day. She is so sneaky and I like that.
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the show, but this particular reason for something happening is wearing a bit thin, at least WH13 haven't yet had to fall back on it.

I felt the new BSG fell into that trap too much.
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X