No announcement yet.

Matt G's B5 Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not rewatched this often enough to remember what happens simply by the episode title, so I had to look this one up, but The Coming of Shadows was the episode where it all changed for me. Up until then it was more of an "I've run out of new sci-fi so ... whatever" show. After that episode I was completely invested. If anyone's trying to get someone else interested in it, I recommend adding that to the list of episodes to try.
    sigpic

Comment

TKO was an interesting one...when I was running through reruns of the back end of S1 in 96/97 this ep wasn't part of the main run...instead it was aired as a late nighter after the main run was finished and I taped it on VHS...

1. My first impression of this ep was well...it was crap, didn't see the point of it!

2. Fastforward to the present day and it wasn't as bad as I remember...seemed wierd though that every other alien race connected to the Mutai-do had a grudge against humans! I know humanity is the relatively new kid on the block but I'm not quite sure what it did wrong in the B5 timeline!

3. The Ivonova stuff was slightly better than I remember having seen the earlier references.

Still meh at best though!
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I really didn't care for that one. I suppose it was good for showing some of the other facets of the aliens living on B5, but it just didn't do much for me. Of course, I've never cared for fighting as a sport.
        sigpic

Comment

Funnily enough, I usually enjoy this episode, mainly because I like Ivanova as a character. The fighting arc was less interesting, I'll grant you that.
          sigpic

Comment

Well...after "Signs and Portents" in the main Monday evening rerunning of S1 came "Grail"...

1. Had trouble remembering which ep this was initially then it was "ah...the one with the fake Vorlon".

2. Couldn't actually remember what the "fake Vorlon" was going into this ep though...was a good laugh seeing Londo freak out though...

3. Thomas/Jinxo...was a decent enough idea...though seeing this ep for the first time post S3(when we found out B4's fate!) made the idea of the Babylon curse seem particularly rediculous!
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Granted. I must admit, though, that the first time I watched this, the Na'ka'leen feeder really freaked me out. It's the closest B5 gets to psychological horror. That said, the entire search for the Grail was a much less interesting plot.
              sigpic

Comment

I can not remember where I read this now so I have no idea whether it's a joke or true, but supposedly the props department didn't have enough money left in the budget to create new genitals for Londo's card-playing scene so they recycled the Feeder mind-sucking prop. And they do both look the same to me.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                  I can not remember where I read this now so I have no idea whether it's a joke or true, but supposedly the props department didn't have enough money left in the budget to create new genitals for Londo's card-playing scene so they recycled the Feeder mind-sucking prop. And they do both look the same to me.
                  They do at that!
                  sigpic

Comment

1. Seeing Gray in this was interesting because the only other time I ran into the character was "Voices", the novel that introd me to the show.

2. First time I saw this ep I didn't know of half the incidents mentioned.

3. Ah this was the one with the motorbike...I wondered which one that was.

4. You have to get up pretty early to catch Jeff Sinclair
                    Last edited by Matt G; 06 July 2013, 05:18 AM. Reason: Making it clear which ep I'm talking about!
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Eyes was a creepy episode. I really felt sorry for Ivanova in this one.
                      sigpic

Comment

It was a little bit, it was crazy how demented the Colonel was!
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

He was! Although I always get a giggle out of the fact that my husband's first name matches his.

How's your rewatch going?
                          sigpic

Comment

I suspect that I will get back into mine now that Wimbledon is over. At least, that's the plan.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here's how the rewatch is going...

Legacies

1. Hardly remembered a thing about this ep from first time round, certainly not that Delenn was the one that sole the body.

2. Having said that, as much as Neroon was a bleep, even for a member of the Grey Council she was skating on thin ice.

A Voice in the Wilderness part 1

1. This was a strange ep to watch first time round, even rewatching it it's obviously mainly setup!

2. Forgot there was trouble on Mars this early on.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

The AVitW two-parter is one of my favorite B5 episodes from the first season. I liked Legacies, because it showed a different side to the Minbari.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X