Varro/Ventrell Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    I would love it to be revealed that this "Varro" is actually Ventrell working under a new name. As in someone put a bounty on his head so he had to hide?
    I hope they do that. It was bugging me the whole episode to know whether he was supposed to be the same character or not.

The one thing that suggested it might not be him is that Jackson presumably saw his face when he was taking pictures. You'd think Jackson would have recognized him if he was supposed to be the same guy.
    sigpic
    FOX Network

Comment

Here's an "out there" idea

Continuing on from the theory that the LA body swapped Telford over a year ago. The thought occured to me that it then follows that Telford's conscience is in the body of an LA agent.

What is Varro is actually Telford?

Comment

Could that be done without communication stones?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragitsu View Post
          Problem is, why would Ventrell be in that position (lackey)?
          After Ventrell's hostile takeover of Netan's opperation Kiva's daddy Massin muscles in aswell, bountyhunter vs crime lord? Crime lord wins. Sets Kiva up with Netan's opperation, daddy's little princess is happy!
          Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Here's a theory. Since Ventrell wasn't a member of the Alliance before killing Netan, maybe he realized he didn't have the temperament, abilities, or connections to run the Alliance himself. Kiva's father could have been in the best position to take advantage of Netan's removal.

It's been a while since I watched seasons 9 and 10. Was it ever said that Netan was the leader of the entire Lucian Alliance, or could he have just been running their Kassa operations?

Comment

I'm quite sure Netan was the leader, on SG-1's board of the Lucian Alliance he was on the top of the board.

Comment

Spoiler:
                The actor, Mike Dopud, is listed for six episodes. That means hes there for the first three of season 2. Hes out after "Pathogen", so it stand to reason that he gets infected and dies.
                If we campaign hard enough, maybe we can save him and force them to rewrite him in somehow and reshoot some scenes.

He could be our new Teal'c, by that i mean an alien being part of the away team and having to adapt to a new life style, new rules. What do you think?

Sorry, edited.
                Last edited by meo3000; 28 May 2010, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the spoiler tag.

Perfecto!

Comment

Nice.

Spoiler:
                    Now I know there is some kind of infection. Thanks a lot.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                      Until they mention a name on screen, I'm pretending he's Ventrell. If they don't mention a name, he could just as easily be the Runner from 'Tracker' as a random thug, so yeah I'm gonna pretend he's Ventrell.
                      Good idea, I'm going to pretend that he's Kiryk. That way it will make no sense at all. Heh heh
                      Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        I would love it to be revealed that this "Varro" is actually Ventrell working under a new name. As in someone put a bounty on his head so he had to hide?
                        Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                        Here's a theory. Since Ventrell wasn't a member of the Alliance before killing Netan, maybe he realized he didn't have the temperament, abilities, or connections to run the Alliance himself. Kiva's father could have been in the best position to take advantage of Netan's removal.

It's been a while since I watched seasons 9 and 10. Was it ever said that Netan was the leader of the entire Lucian Alliance, or could he have just been running their Kassa operations?
                        Originally posted by Starsaber View Post

So now that Varro has had a bit of character development, does anyone think he could be Ventrell, the mercenary who assassinated the former leader of the Lucian Alliance in SG-1 (both portrayed by the same actor)? For all we know in space lingo, "Varro" could be a common nickname for some named Odai Ventrell. I don't really see "Odai 'Varro' Ventrell" as being a much stranger nickname than "Jonathan 'Jack' O'Neill," even though the latter is common in the US...
                        Last edited by Ripple in Space; 09 June 2013, 02:20 PM.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                        X