Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 20TH Anniversary Super Book Available for Pre-Order ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babylon 5 20TH Anniversary Super Book Available for Pre-Order ! ! !

The new Babylon 5 20TH Anniversary Book is available for pre-order at B5Books.com. Here are the details and how to order. It appears you need to have a Paypal account to order online. The Pre-Order price is $88 + $8 shipping for Domestic and $12 shipping for International orders. This pre-order price will only be available for a limited time. After that I believe it goes to $134 plus shipping. It looks awesome. It is a museum quality book that has a slipcase, but you can see all of the details on the site or at the ISN News Zocalo or in the JMS News Forum.

http://www.cafepress.com/b5books

$88? For a book about a TV show? Are they insane?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Keep in mind, this is not for mass production. You won't be seeing it in stores. It is produced by an independent publisher who is putting the effort into publishing new books for Babylon 5 fans. Also keep in mind that this is probably one of only a handful of items you are going to find celebrating the 20TH Anniversary of Babylon 5.

Comment

I just read an update that said the first print run will sell out in the next couple of days. This only means that those who pre-order during the second print run will have to wait until late July to receive their book. There is no change in the pricing.

Comment

New update! When they said the first print run was about to sell out their information was based on a communication error. It sounds like they thought the printer said the first print run was done when the printer meant the first half of the print run was done. So if you order now there should not be a delay yet.

Plus, they are extending the discounted price date! The discounted price is now supposed to be good until July 31st.

Comment

WOW! Those B5 Books people are great! Now that they are getting close to shipment they are sending email updates about every little snag and everything they are doing to get the books to people as soon as possible. Now that is customer service!

Comment

My wonderful book arrived yesterday. It looks great and is too big for any bookshelf I own. Even if I change the vertical space it sticks out too far. LOL So glad I made the purchase, but I may have to get it its own table.

Comment

Any pics, anecdotes interesting bits of trivia you can share, now it’s odyssey has ended and is teetering on the brink of falling off your book shelf.

BTW. It isn’t an independent publisher. Publishing 180 has been working for and with jms for about a decade now.

http://jmsnews.com/forums/showpost.p...4&postcount=33
                Last edited by Triple-F; 13 July 2013, 06:03 AM.
                If you're a fan of Babylon 5, visit this facebook page, you might be surprised. ; )
                http://www.facebook.com/B5Scrolls

Comment

Sorry. I am no longer at home and I won't be looking at it again until I get back. (It isn't exactly travel size. LOL) I'll try to remember when I get back, but it will be at least ten days.

And why did you follow me over to this forum Triple-F? Do you think I didn't see that post at JMS News? So I worded it incorrectly. Nobody is perfect! Seriously, you've got to stop hounding me! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Hopefully that made you chuckle because now I have a serious question for you, YOU DIDN'T BUY THE BOOK?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I am so telling on you ! ! ! You are in so much trouble over there. LOL

Ok, Ok, I completely understand if you didn't buy it. It is pretty pricey. I didn't get into buying all of the scripts because I knew what it would end up costing me. For that very reason I thought getting this as a one time thing was the way to go for me. I couldn't go to Phoenix, so this was a way for me to get something for the Babylon 5 20TH Anniversary.

Comment

Looked so lonely in this thread. : )
                    Wasn’t following, less posting and more lurking on a few forums these days.
                    Last edited by Triple-F; 14 July 2013, 06:04 AM.
                    If you're a fan of Babylon 5, visit this facebook page, you might be surprised. ; )
                    http://www.facebook.com/B5Scrolls

Comment

Originally posted by Triple-F View Post
                      Looked so lonely in this thread. : )
                      Wasn’t following, less posting and more lurking on a few forums these days.
                      HA! That is so true. Very surprised how few people said anything in this thread because there are B5 fans over here.

Now if you want to see some places where I am really lonely, check the ISN News Forum and The Lantern City Forum. Of course, Lantern City might pick up after SDCC and the release of Rise. I stopped posting over there for the time being just to allow the last post by Trevor Crafts to be the most recent, so people going to San Diego see it.

I totally hear you on the lurking. I was doing that for a very long time and only recently started posting more often, except for ISN News. I've been posting there for years fairly regularly, but the crash they had a few years ago really killed the forum. Some folks came back, but most didn't stay too long. And I think Facebook might be taking people away from forums. I could be wrong, but maybe I'm not.

Comment

I think you're right. Another problem is that it's so hard to join some forums these days. GW is big with active admins and mods, so while probies might find their time on probation a bit of a pain, at least it's possible to join and start posting. I've tried to join a few forums recently and never got a chance to become an active poster, because while I could register, they never activated my account (I got the automatic email from the board, but never heard from the admins). Go figure.
                        sigpic

Comment

I still don't have any pics, but here are some good ones that were posted over on the JMSNews Forum. Sorry there are not any examples of what's inside. I am sure they will pop-up soon enough.

http://jmsnews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7594&page=6

Comment

Working...
                          X