Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just finished watching this...( SEASON 1 Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished watching this...( SEASON 1 Spoilers)

Over a few day period...Gotta say, I'm pretty impressed. I did not think I would ever really enjoy something on WB/The CW outside of the old show Roswell. Pretty good fight scenes and story, and the inclusion of Manu Bennett made it even better.

My only gripes would have to be the soap-ish drama sometimes (CW, of course) and the ridiculous product placements for Windows 8...But other than that, highly enjoyable.
    sigpic

I'm enjoying it so far but i'm only up to episode 5, and only watch it once a week (because i have other shows to watch) it's really good

And btw smallville had it's soap-ish drama in it too, if anything i think this show has less soap-ish drama than SV whats worse is SV started out a teen-soapish drama, but went on to become something else, i enjoyed almost all of smallville, but with arrow we don't get the teen soap thing
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 01 June 2013, 01:27 AM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I could not decided wether to like this show or not for quite a couple of episodes but the episode "The Odyssey" made me a fan of this show and the finale was quite awesome as well !

Last season were not that many good new shows but "Arrow" was one of the few that kept my interest long enough to hold it until the finale. I hope there will be more Superheroe shows coming up with the success of Arrow and hopefully S.H.I.E.L.D. next fall !
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I can't wait to see what is in store for us with this show next season.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          highly enjoyable.
          I'm working through the backlog and enjoying it more than I expected. I had very low expectations, however.

Comment

There's so much product placement for Windows 8 now on TV we often play "guess the swiper" while watching.

(i.e. guess who's going to pull out the tablet or whatever those things are called, and start sliding the window around awkwardly to show how fantastic W8 is, while solving the crime/breaking code/etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
              I'm working through the backlog and enjoying it more than I expected. I had very low expectations, however.
              Me 2, Justin Heartily not being oliver queen, the fact that it was replacing smallville, the fact that i'm not really much of a dc fan

But after watching it loved it, any concerns i heard about Stephen Amell replacing Justin Heartily have been washed away by watching season 1
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                Me 2, Justin Heartily not being oliver queen, the fact that it was replacing smallville, the fact that i'm not really much of a dc fan

But after watching it loved it, any concerns i heard about Stephen Amell replacing Justin Heartily have been washed away by watching season 1
                He has been amazing thus far in the role. He really has made it his own.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post

I'm guessing that is Green Arrow in Smallville?

If he has appeared in Smallville, they can't be part of the same universe unless Smallville takes place in the future...so I wouldn't think "replacement" would matter.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing that is Green Arrow in Smallville?

If he has appeared in Smallville, they can't be part of the same universe unless Smallville takes place in the future...so I wouldn't think "replacement" would matter.
                    Yeah Justin Heartilly was Oliver Queen in Smallville, his role in that wasnt as physical as Stephen Amells in Arrow, he was just there to back up clark kent most of the time

I did hope that we would get Justin, when this show was announced, but now i like Stephen Amell better, and look forward to season 2
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

So you mean he would reprise the role, but technically be a different Green Arrow?

(this all reminds me I need to watch Smallville sometime)
                      sigpic

Comment

I kind of miss ARROW... I can't wait to see it on DVD again in September.. and the second season wohoo...!
                        sigpic

Comment

So you mean he would reprise the role, but technically be a different Green Arrow?

(this all reminds me I need to watch Smallville sometime)
                          No i wanted Justin Heartilly to be the original Green Arrow (in ARROW) at first, but that might be a cool idea
                          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 30 June 2013, 03:17 PM.
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                          X