Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grimm : S3 SPOILERS/SPECULATION DISCUSSION (No Tags req for S1-3!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For season 3 we should see again Ariel (?) the dragon girl
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

She was announced to come back in season 2 but she didn't . I liked her - ways more than creepy Chloe.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
        For season 3 we should see again Ariel (?) the dragon girl
        I agree, especially the way that they left it. I at one point was thinking if Juilett and Nick don't get back together it would be interesting with her making an appearance, since you think about it she what she did was for her father to feel good, sure it was disturbing but from her pov it made sense, but obviously Juliette and Nick did get back together.
        sigpic

Comment

"Let the games begin" is a common phrase. I can't imagine someone saying "let the game begin," even if it is singular. "Let the games begin" is more or less a way of saying "now the fun can start," though it is mostly used semi-sarcastically by super villains. Quirk of the English language. Very weird language, English. Annoyingly non-specific.
          Is it possible that they want the Grimm to work for them, but that he has to prove himself first? Sending killers after him is a way of weeding out the weak? Gah, I need to watch the whole season again. It's turning into a blur. . .
          sigpic
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

I know it's common but in this situation "Games" sound weird. As I've said, I don't like that cold little smile in Erics face when he turns his back to Sean. They'd done a perfect job in trapping Nick, it would be a shame if the whole thing would blow now because Eric was too self-confident. What I doubt, especially after I've rewatched the episodes with him.
            yup, he isn't the nicest person on Earth but he's intelligent. I doubt that he would risk such a plan for nothing than overestimation.

To quote Eric another time (2.22 Dinner-scene): "He's (The Grimm) tremendously effective and had proofen himself as more than worthy for the family." Doesn't sound to me like he would do normal smalltalk - even with his standards. Eric is impressed and with that he also said (more or less) that he was the one behind the Mauvais Dente and the Nuckalevee. "Killing two Reapers and sending their heads back made a hell of impression! He (The Grimm) killed a Mauvais Dente aaand a Nuckalevee."

My guess: Eric will Nick as his ... let us be kind and call it "not so freely choosed bodyguard/assassin". Eric definetely wants Nick on "his side". For what exactly ... don't know.

Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Well, Russell already bumped the cliffhanger. "Bring Nick back to life" - yah, that's a problem as no other of the victims returned to life *rolls eyes*. My guess was right: Renard will be there to save Nick's butt again. Now I'm pissed and really want to give my Grimmster-badge back

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic

Comment

I don´t have a problem with Renard saving Nick. But I don´t think it will become right away.
                I have a hope that Nick´s reaction won´t be as normal humans´ reaction. Grimms are more resistent so he may just be more obedient or violent once he gets out of the weird dead/coma state. It could very well free his true nature as a Grimm. I think that´s what Eric wants. Nick´s loyalty. Renard could be there for him, to keep Nick "Nick", or at least try.
                I would be excited to see David face the challenge of an inner fight and later facing consequences of things he has done for Eric.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

That could work. Also, the writers sometimes use "conflict" to mean strenuous discussion. There were tons of rumors about Monroe-Nick conflict in the finale that didn't manifest in the episode.

When solving the Juliet arc, the writers dropped Hank's sometimes obvious discomfort with the violence of the Grimm's history. There will be natural sources of conflict as Nick becomes more powerful or if Mama Grimm and her worldview returns.

Hank can provide a balance. It is easy for Grimms to go rogue, but with Monroe and Hank helping keep Nick in balance, he can remain "good" and continue to have Wesen as friends and not move outside of the law entirely.
                  "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                    I don´t have a problem with Renard saving Nick. But I don´t think it will become right away.
                    I have a hope that Nick´s reaction won´t be as normal humans´ reaction. Grimms are more resistent so he may just be more obedient or violent once he gets out of the weird dead/coma state. It could very well free his true nature as a Grimm. I think that´s what Eric wants. Nick´s loyalty. Renard could be there for him, to keep Nick "Nick", or at least try.
                    I would be excited to see David face the challenge of an inner fight and later facing consequences of things he has done for Eric.
                    I like this idea. It will be nice to see his true grimm side come out and it would make sense if Eric simply wants him loyal to him. I doubt he wants a zombie running around his castle, so maybe that means Nick will act differently than the others. did. And I like the idea of him regretting something that he did (and maybe something that he doesn't talk to others about).
                    sigpic

Comment

No, Nick could probably react more violent when he awakes, here I'm with you. Or, my guess, Renard will kill Samedi and with that all zombies will be alive again - and so will Nick *rolls eyes*.
                      Beside, I still have a problem with Renard *again* saving Nick's ass. The show is called Grimm not Renard. Renard has saved Nick now ...22 times. That's 1 complete season and that is ways too much for me. As I've said I don't have a problem with Renard teaming up with the others to find Nick and bring him back - but after Russell bursted that bubble it's pretty obvicious what will happen:
                      Renard is one of two: At the container-yard (what I doubt) or at the airport (my guess). Eric is stupid enough to try to bring Nick with his plane out of the country and Renard will come between that, kill Samedi and probably Eric (I hope not!) and bring Nick back to the city. Maybe Nick can tell him about the others, just in case the zombies are still zombies, or Renard will guess where they came from and that Monroe, Rosalee and Juliette are still trapped at that yard. IF Nick is still in that Dämmerzustand Renard will need Rosalee. End of story.

Seriously, my guess for Eric wanting Nick is more about using him as assassin for his Father - and maybe others. But first of all, with kidnapping Nick Eric takes something from Renard that he (Eric) thinks is Renards ... property. Angry, evil Grimm won't be loyal, about that I'm pretty sure.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

I am not sure where Renard saved Nick in the past? Yes, he helped and also sometimes worked behind Nick´s back but directly saved him? I don´t really remember that *needs a rewatch*

I would love to see some Renard´s support in a style of Nick really trying to hold it together and Renard keep telling him "hold on". I think Renard still follows his own agenda but needs Nick and to be honest, for Nick, to have a royal on his side, could help in the future.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

1.01-1.02 Renard was inconsequent and saved with that Nick
                          1.04 Renard told the Reaper to go or he would kill him
                          1.08 Okay, only visible in the deleted scenes but Renard told Stark to stand back
                          1.10 Renard actually shot that Geier who otherwise had killed Nick (and probably Hank)
                          1.12 True, not first handed as he wanted to teach the Löwen respect but with letting Leo kill by that priest Renard also saved Nick's ass
                          1.17 Renard killed his cousin to protect Nick from being killed
                          2.01 Renard kills Kimura BEFORE Kimura can tell anyone about Kelly
                          2.02 Renard comes along when the FBI tries the first time to get hold on Nick/Renard tells Eric to leave Nick alone - and gets threaten by Eric
                          2.04 Renard tells Nick about the Nuckalevee
                          2.05 Renard knows pretty well who killed the Nuckalevee but keeps his mouth shut
                          2.11 Renard knows Hank and Nick are still on that case but keeps silence
                          2.13 The fight between Nick and Renard, Renard ... well, he barely protects himself/Renard holds the key but doesn't give it to Adalind because he thinks it's the only thing keeping Nick and him alive/Renard HELPS Nick to include Juliette in that "cure"
                          2,16 Renard more or less warns Nick about the Fuchsteufelwild after Hank tells them about his feelings
                          2.17 Renard tells Nick and Hank about that Hundjäger he shot and warns them to be careful
                          2.18 Renard actually HELPS Nick and Monroe fighting Volcanaris
                          2.20 Renard keeps Nick from killing Anton/lets Juliette try to "heal" Nick in the end (usually he should have to shot him in that situation)

Yes, I know I'm counting things into this that doesn't go through as help with others. But this is bothering me and at least it IS help to cover for Nick, no matter if this was self-defense or not.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought we are talking only about saving life directly. I don´t think Renard not telling anyone that Nick killed a Nuckelavee is saving? In most cases, Renard was helping himself. Exposing Nick or getting him suspended, wouldn´t help him. Mostly, he followed his own interests. Even with helping Juliette - he said that. She is the only reason he is in Portland and if something should happen to her, he would leave. I am talking about a real support, a moral, physical help, not "help" where he helps to himself.

Comment

I would say Renard forced the situation with still interfering while Eric had warned him. I've just made a season 2 marathon and watched especially the scene with or about Eric with special interest (because I want to write a fanfic about him). Eric's interest awakes right after he learned about the death of the Mauvais Dente. My impression is now, with the knowledge about 2.21-2.22 that the Nuckalevee was mostly sent out to spy after Nick and to search the key, NOT to kill Nick. I think that guy lost his patience with the attack. Maybe he wanted to ... bring Nick to tell him where he had the key after he didn't find it anywhere.
                              Seriously, I don't think Renard always thought about his own ass, especially when it came to the "killers" he was getting very protective. And for me his "not help" was definetely too much help. As I've said before, slowly the writing is fixing around Renard and Eric with Nick as ... thing in the middle, toy, tool, whatever but seriously not human. It would be interesting to see how ERic would treat Nick after Sean ... well, since they are "allies" he tend to treat Nick like his property. But we know, not going to happen. I only hope, Eric will survive 3.01. It would be such a shame to loose him

Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic

Comment

I thought we are talking only about saving life directly. I don´t think Renard not telling anyone that Nick killed a Nuckelavee is saving? In most cases, Renard was helping himself. Exposing Nick or getting him suspended, wouldn´t help him. Mostly, he followed his own interests. Even with helping Juliette - he said that. She is the only reason he is in Portland and if something should happen to her, he would leave. I am talking about a real support, a moral, physical help, not "help" where he helps to himself.
                                I think it also depends if Nick knows about the help. That rules all of Season 1 out. Nick only knew who pulled some of those strings in Season 2.

Also, it matters if Nick sees the captain as someone who can rescue him in a time of need, and so far, he doesn't. They worked together grudgingly in Natural Born Wesen and Volcanis, but those are their biggest overtures so far. Nick doesn't trust Renard.

Renard was only involved in Kiss of the Muse because of Hank. Nick didn't ask for his help.

While Renard seems likely to have the connections to help Nick out of this jam, he doesn't rely on the captain all of the time. He relies on Monroe and Rosalee far more. Besides, it shouldn't be about if he needs help, should it?

In fairy tales, heroes always have help.

Besides, Renard and Nick are barely allies now, and they certainly won't stay that way.
                                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                                X