Star Wars: Rebels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    That was so awesome! Honestly more excited for Rebels than I am for Episode VII.
    Same here.

Spoiler:
    Was I seeing things or is Hondo back too?
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Massive fangirl squee here....

Spoiler:
      Rex is back! ...and some other clones (funny they seem all to sport beards now).... and Hondo, too . Nice!

Yep, looking more forward to Rebels than to Ep. VII....for now...
      sigpic

Comment

well i watched some eps of this show and it isn't bad, it isn't great, but it isn't bad, the cgi isn't up to the clone wars grade, but the stories are at least entertaining.

Comment

hope we get cad bane for season 2 also IG-88 appearance would be kinda cool

in any case, season 1 was awesome... season 2 looks to be just as good bring it on!
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

This is interesting, though a little odd:

Rebels will premiere Season 2 as a 1-hour special titled "The Siege of Lothal" on June 20, and then will resume regular weekly airing come the fall.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Maybe they are trying to kill the show like they did with Legend of Korra.

Comment

^ I never Watched Legend of Korra. but I hope your wrong, Rebels is great

May The 4th Be With You
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

So who else watched The Siege of Lothal (the season 2 movie) yesterday? Pretty damned entertaining!
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    So who else watched The Siege of Lothal (the season 2 movie) yesterday? Pretty damned entertaining!
                    It was awesome. It had a very Empire Strikes Back feel to it, which is more than understandable. Loving the fact that Vader is every bit the threat he should be.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Definately got darker than it was in season 1!

Comment

Lots of nice subtle things, in addition to the obvious. For instance, I liked how Ezra seems to have grown up a bit since we last saw him. It was very deliberately understated, and I thought it worked excellently. Particularly paired up with how the team is not necessarily on the same page re: what they should do next.

Lots of other neat stuff too:
                        Spoiler:
                        When Vader engaged them on the landing platform, holy crap. I was worried that the show would 'dumb him down' in order to service the story of the heroes, but they did an amazing job of making him a menace. That fight--Kanan and Ezra were just so outclassed, it was clear that not only were they no match for him, but that he was almost toying with them. And bonus points for how he nonchalantly deflected Sabine's blaster bolts back at her, scoring both a chest hit and a headshot!

How they showed Lothal was really awesome too. Setting so much of it at night was maybe a little obvious, but it worked really well. Particularly with the massively increased Imperial presence. All those stormtroopers, and the Star Destroyers both in orbit and hovering over the capital area...wow. And to burn down Tarkintown, one of the first locations introduced in the series, was also a great choice.

Two complaints...first, that Tarkin didn't appear. Yeah I know he was discussed and alluded to, but a bit of Tarkin/Vader banter would have been appreciated. Second: even though Sam Witwer did a fantastic job of playing the part, I was disappointed that we didn't get to see the show's take on the Emperor. It's vanishingly rare in SW for there to be an audio communication without the trademark blue hologram, so to me this stood out like a sore thumb.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I thought Kanan might not make it during the fight with Vader...

Yeah, I liked Lothal too, and its clever how Vader tried to turn the locals against the Rebels and killed the Chancellor so easily...

Why doesn't Ahsoka tell them about Vader...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            I thought Kanan might not make it during the fight with Vader...

Yeah, I liked Lothal too, and its clever how Vader tried to turn the locals against the Rebels and killed the Chancellor so easily...

Why doesn't Ahsoka tell them about Vader...
                            Spoiler:
                            The episode certainly makes a good job of demonstrating how clever a tactician Vader actually is. You don't see that in the films much beyond Empire, but you do see it in Anakin during the Clone Wars. Very nice to see.

I was also wondering why she didn't say anything. I'd say it's either because she doesn't want to spoil Ezra's training by giving an example of where a Jedi has turned to the Dark Side, or because they don't want her view of her to be tainted by revealing that she was trained by a Dark Lord of the Sith... I mean she has to be asking herself some pretty deep seated questions about how she was trained.

I was a little disappointed that she found out so quickly actually. I was hoping for a spell where she helped Kanan train Ezra and keep calling back fondly to her training Anakin and having her feel proud that her Master probably died fighting the rise of the Empire, without realising that he helped form it.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

It was fantastic!

Got to thinking: How many years after Episode III does this take place?
                              Total syffy posts: 36,690
                              (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                              Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                                It was fantastic!

Got to thinking: How many years after Episode III does this take place?
                                Season 1 started 14 years after ROTS, 5 years before ANH. At some point during the season (exactly when is not clear), it ticked over into the following year--15 after ROTS/4 before ANH.

The newest episode/movie seems to be not too long after the season 1 finale, so we're probably in the same calendar year.

Comment

Working...
                                X