• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brothers In Arms (107)

Visit the Episode GuideDEFIANCE - SEASON ONE
    BROTHERS IN ARMS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 107
    Nolan is reunited with an old war buddy who is tracking a Castithan war criminal, who manages to escape custody. Meanwhile, Quentin McCawley must decide whether to destroy the alien artifact sought by the duplicitous former mayor.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 14 June 2013, 09:30 PM.

They've brought back the wicked former mayor. This has potential to be interesting.

"Uncle Eddie" isn't terribly surprising as good guy/bad guy/redeemed guy.
    sigpic

Comment

It was nice to see that they are getting back to the "ex-Mayor Nikki" and the artifact storyline. I found it interesting that the investigation by the family moved from the father to the son. And we are now seeing more of the external political pressures which face Defiance, which was good.

For the rest of the episode, I can't say that anything came as a surprise, except for perhaps two things:

1.) Quentin choking out Birch. I anticipated Rafe coming in at the last moment, but then that could lead back to some public questions directed towards the ex-mayor, so I guess this works out after all.

2.) The Nolan/Eddy storyline was very predictable. The only real surprises there were that Nolan shot Pol Mads (rather than Pol dying in some sort of "accident" for which he was partially responsible), and also that the ER didn't take Nolan into custody for his actions back on the coast. I would have expected them to have a bit of information on Amanda and the folks around her (see last episode).

I suppose this could lead to a future episode where another bounty hunter will show up looking to capture Nolan (and perhaps Irissa, even use her to get to Nolan).

It wasn't a horrible episode, but it wasn't particularly good one either.

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

Maybe it is just me, but it starting to feel like just a bunch of one off episodes. Would have been nice if they had focused more on the artifact storyline to progress things along, then the Nolan and the other guy. Even though I know some things in the previous episodes will be connected to things that will happen later, it just feels like they are moving way too slow. I did not really enjoy this episode. Too predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
          Maybe it is just me, but it starting to feel like just a bunch of one off episodes. Would have been nice if they had focused more on the artifact storyline to progress things along, then the Nolan and the other guy. Even though I know some things in the previous episodes will be connected to things that will happen later, it just feels like they are moving way too slow. I did not really enjoy this episode. Too predictable.
          Many shows begin by showing one off or standalone episodes to make it easier for new viewers to pick up the show. Once the show has been around long enough they often shift to arc based episodes so that the fan base is more motivated not to miss an episode.

BTW judging by the ratings Defiance is about where Stargate Universe was at the same time in its run. And hugely behind Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica, Eureka and Warehouse 13 at the same time their runs. Despite Syfy's claims the show is not doing well in the ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by techs View Post
            Many shows begin by showing one off or standalone episodes to make it easier for new viewers to pick up the show. Once the show has been around long enough they often shift to arc based episodes so that the fan base is more motivated not to miss an episode.

BTW judging by the ratings Defiance is about where Stargate Universe was at the same time in its run. And hugely behind Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica, Eureka and Warehouse 13 at the same time their runs. Despite Syfy's claims the show is not doing well in the ratings.

Shows may do that, but at the very least if you are not gonna pursue the larger arc, make it at least interesting. I am finding myself quickly bored with the predictability of the show and the uninteresting plot. Judging by the ratings your saying they have, either viewers agree, or people just do not care enough to watch.
            Last edited by gatechick; 22 May 2013, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Good episode, liked how we saw more deviousness to E-Rep.

For anyone who wants, you can cook the meal that Pol made for Datak (minus the nano-tab): https://www.dropbox.com/s/izgn8iee3q...r%20Ashkan.pdf

Comment

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

Was the dinner for Datak Swedish meatballs? Because that would be hilarious. (I could not get that PDF to load.)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                    Was the dinner for Datak Swedish meatballs? Because that would be hilarious. (I could not get that PDF to load.)
                    Nope. From a quick look at the recipe/ingredients it looks to be similar to tabouleh (maybe?). I used the B-5 scene for giggles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabouleh

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

It did make me laugh even so.
                      sigpic

Comment

I caught this episode today.
                        It was great to see the interplay between Nolan and 'Uncle Eddie'.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

It was good to hear some references from the game to the show since it's suppose to cross over.

Comment

Working...
                          X