Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warehouse 13 renewed for fifth and final (very) short season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That stinks , it is such a great show, but whatever!
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
      there was no rhyme or reason for this season NONE it was all about killing off main characters and once you do that an audience will start turning it off and they did. their big mistake, too cheap to hire a bad guy for season 4 so they used Artie.
      ?

They hired Brent Spiner who turned out to be a figment of Artie's imagination (after trapping him in a painting, which still deserves a wtf) as the villain. It was just a twist that Artie was the bad guy.

Comment

Circle of life for any show, I am so used to it now, it is just like a big "meh" to me. You have to just move on and find something new to watch. I don't follow ratings anymore, because quite frankly it is a waste of time to try and understand what is profitable to the network when not all the numbers are there in front of you.

If a show is good enough it will last or at least find a new home some place not held hostage by TV ratings. Shows do find a way of coming back, like "24" for an example. I do believe W13 could still be around in some format after it's run on Syfy is done.

As for now, the final season, or final half season can really make the show go out with a bang, and it is good the network is giving the order for more eps to find closure.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          There's still Defiance...

And I guess the six episodes is to make up for the extra seven episodes season 4 got...

Hell, even Stargate SG-1 only lasted for five seasons on SyFy, as did SGA...
          Any scripted show to last 5 Seasons on Syfy is a huge Success!
          sigpic

Comment

Skiffy must have such a high profit margin on shows that they just can't make it. But sometimes I have to wonder if they have an automatic 'Five and it's done' policy.

Very few of skiffy's shows are all that great, ratings wise, to begin with. There is such a thing as 'good for us'....as in good ratings for our network. But sometimes it does feel that the bar is set impossibly high, that no show can make the numbers they demand. And since their overabundance of 'unscripted reality' stuff has a higher profit margin, they can pull less numbers and still be deemed a success.

Defiance will be interesting because it's different. How much of the show's continuing is tied to the game's success and vice versa?
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Mixed feelings, atleast they will be given the chance to wrap up and give us a proper ending
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I am not surprised this is ending. At least it will get 6 final episodes to wrap things up. It has been a nice run.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I am not surprised this is ending. At least it will get 6 final episodes to wrap things up. It has been a nice run.
                  And hopefully it will actually be 6 episodes this time around...*cough* Eureka

Also, I recently discovered that Warehouse 13 season 4 will thankfully be released as a complete season rather than the half season bullcrap. So that's good news.
                  sigpic

Comment

It would have been better had they done two 13 episode seasons and then ordered the last six instead of a fragmented 20 episodes and then the six. Oh well, it is a nice show, while it lasts.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                      And hopefully it will actually be 6 episodes this time around...*cough* Eureka

Also, I recently discovered that Warehouse 13 season 4 will thankfully be released as a complete season rather than the half season bullcrap. So that's good news.
                      I'm glad to here Season 4 will be released as a complete season.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        Most shows don't get past 5 seasons on any network.
                        But on some networks a "season" still means 22 episodes, not 13.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                          But on some networks a "season" still means 22 episodes, not 13.
                          And some shows a seasons is considered even less than that. I am looking at you UK. A season is not definied by episode count but by production of TV content
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            And some shows a seasons is considered even less than that. I am looking at you UK. A season is not definied by episode count but by production of TV content
                            The U.K. seasons especially, they can be on season five and it's actually the tenth episode thirty years after the pilot first aired. (Yes, I know I'm exaggerating. Not by much, though.)

How a season is defined ought to be more precise, because sometimes the comparisons are apples and oranges. "Most shows don't last longer than five seasons." True, because after five years of 22 episodes a year most shows start to get a little stale. But a show that's technically only halfway to that number of episodes probably still some life left in it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Downton Abbey's season is 10 hours
                              Selfridge is much the same.
                              The BBC's Survivors was 2 seasons of 6
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What are the chances of a TV WH-13 movie?
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X