No announcement yet.

The Tomorrow People (CW) NEWS/DISCUSSION/SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the first one, and will watch more when I have lulls in other shows. This show is at the bottom of my new show list and may not make the cut. Shows like this seem to have a hard time, but I'll still give it a try.
    sigpic

Comment

I gave it a shot, but I shall not be continuing with this show. Too much teen angst. It's like the love child of X-men and Buffy.
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

On reading the latest copy of 'SFX' magazine.

Nicholas Young, a star of the original series, will play scientist Aidius Crick.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
          I gave it a shot, but I shall not be continuing with this show. Too much teen angst. It's like the love child of X-men and Buffy.
          LOL! I'll keep watching just for something to watch I guess and I do like watching Mark Pellagrino. He's great as the bad guy, but then I enjoyed watching him as Lucifer in Supernatural.

Comment

I watch the first two episodes and so far everything just seem very very plain, cliché and not very exciting at all. These people live in a sewer and yet they all clean shaven and all look like they haven't done a hard day work in their lives. Get them dirty, show them at least doing some maintenance and stuff around the place.

An these are the most boring teenangers ever, no personality. The show producers should bring in some writers from Misfits to add some. Sure misfits occasionally went over the top but at least its characters had a soul and personality and each one was different.

Mark Pellagrino
            The only bright spot in the show and by far the best character, actor, the problem is, he has no chemistry with any of the others on the show, it his snappy one liners that make his character fun to watch, rather than the actual character and their story.
            Last edited by knowles2; 21 October 2013, 12:19 AM.

Comment

I´m giving this show another two episodes to win me over. I´m hoping that the writing will find its footing and become more cohesive.

Comment

I thought this week episode was alright but then I watch Misfits and it demonstrates how boring and dull and unoriginal and predictable Tomorrow people is.

I wish they he had injected her with that drug, at least it would have injected some excitement into the episode and show that the writers are willing to change things up a bit. It would have been interesting to see how the tomorrow people treated her without her powers and confront the overt racism/specism in the show.

Whole and the ending don't make much sense. Surely the evil goons would have interrogated her after they took her powers from her. No powers no defence against Telepaths. They would have rip every last ounce of intelligence out of her before releasing her back onto the streets, with agents following her incase she tries to warn the Tomorrow People.
                Last edited by knowles2; 24 October 2013, 04:50 AM.

Comment

The taller blonde dude looks like he should be playing the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                    I saw the first one, and will watch more when I have lulls in other shows. This show is at the bottom of my new show list and may not make the cut. Shows like this seem to have a hard time, but I'll still give it a try.
                    Caught the first episode yesterday, will watch the remaining 2 out tonight. Looks decent (those teleports look very similar to the film Jumper).

BUT why the heck does it always have to be "hero mutants trying to save their kind from the Evil big bad government agency wanting to kill/neutralize/control them" all the time>
                    For once i would LOVE to see a show where its the Opposite, where the big govt agency is actually the good guys, trying to protect the masses from the evil big bad mutants...

Comment

Interesting 4th episode. So me wonder's what IS the key to why 'the tomorrow people' can't kill.. this "Prime barrier".

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Interesting 4th episode. So me wonder's what IS the key to why 'the tomorrow people' can't kill.. this "Prime barrier".
                        Probably a useful thing to have, as power grows a means to stop misuse grows alongside it, the 'morality' side to human nature evolves too.

Comment

Does anyone know if and when the series will air here in the uk?
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            Probably a useful thing to have, as power grows a means to stop misuse grows alongside it, the 'morality' side to human nature evolves too.
                            True, but no other 'super human' show seemed to have any "Prime barrier" preventing supers killing.

Comment

I just got caught up with this tonight, I like it a lot. I thought ep 4 was really good.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                                Another remake? I remember watching the 1970s version. I reckon I'll check it out.
                                I remember watching the 90s version I might try this one, but it's not on here in the UK yet..

Comment

Working...
                                X