This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul McGillion's OUAT Character re-cast for the Spinoff Series

I'm disappointed in the fanbase! Paul McGillion originated the role of Knave of Hearts on ABC's Once Upon a Time, and when ABC decided to expand that character into a leading role in the spinoff Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, ABC recast the Knave of Hearts with a younger actor

Where is the outcry from McGillion fans?!?!?
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Haven't watched the show at all, but that's kind of screwed up if it has nothing to do with McGillion's schedule or whatever.
    sigpic

Comment

I hope it's because he was offered something way better.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
        I hope it's because he was offered something way better.
        Unfortunately that seems pretty unlikely, considering the role is the male lead in a Thursday night primetime series on one of the three major TV networks in America.

Paul as the Knave of Hearts (Once Upon A Time-verse):
        http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1...veofhearts.png

His replacement:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 July 2013, 11:32 AM.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          Unfortunately that seems pretty unlikely, considering the role is the male lead in a Thursday night primetime series on one of the three major TV networks in America.
          That's not as great a thing as it used to be, and it's in no way a sure thing. Lots of last year's new shows didn't get a second season.
          sigpic

Comment

It could be for a number of reasons;

1. He's a bigger name. (Even if we've never heard of this guy, the studio people may have. And they prefer people they know of.)

2. He's cheaper.

3. He's younger.

Comment

Maybe Paul didn't want to commit to being a lead in a show at this time. For all we know he was offered the role first.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Tom is his replacement? Don't get me wrong, I love Tom (British version of Being Human), but Paul was wonderful! He was perfect for the part.

This is the first I'd heard of the travesty.
                Last edited by Everlovin; 20 July 2013, 06:11 PM.
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Working...
                X