This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqua Teen Hunger Force (SG References)

I am not sure if many people here watch Cartoon Network's "Aqua Teen Huger Force" but a few nights ago they aired a repeat called "Universal Re-Monster" (Originally Aired Sept 30, 2003) in which there is a more-than-direct reference to Stargate (including the USE! of a Stargate-like device in the episode). The episode is only 15 minutes and is available on DVD, I beleive. If you get to watch it, please do.

I have not seen this posted here before and do not remember it from the old boards, sorry if repeating though.

Originally posted by KayMan2k
    I am not sure if many people here watch Cartoon Network's "Aqua Teen Huger Force" but a few nights ago they aired a repeat called "Universal Re-Monster" (Originally Aired Sept 30, 2003) in which there is a more-than-direct reference to Stargate (including the USE! of a Stargate-like device in the episode). The episode is only 15 minutes and is available on DVD, I beleive. If you get to watch it, please do.

I have not seen this posted here before and do not remember it from the old boards, sorry if repeating though.
    i'm intrigued. explain further.

Comment

Well hopefully the 'last 15 minute' spoiler rule does not apply to an episode only 11 minutes long! But in the episode a pair of aliens use a device called the 'Fargate' to steal cable from an Earth home. They make sure to explain that the 'Fargate' is not a 'Stargate' and is not derived from the movie or syndicated series based off the movie. The device itself appears to look like the Stargate from Infinity, with simplified to only 3 chevrons. I think its hilarious!

Comment

Hehehe, I've just bought the DVD's, I'm, gonna have to go watch now!

Comment

... "Goulds do that, when they're making brownies"

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            i'm intrigued. explain further.
            You can download that episode of the Fargate/Stargate here:
            http://www.k4dwi.net/athf1/29%20ATHF...0Remonster.mpg (this link may not work the first time you try it, the guys running that website have a user limit on concurrent downloads)

It is actually a two-way wormhole, and the aliens (who are semi-frequently appearing characters on the show) use the wormhole to steal cable, ie, there is another fargate in the crawlspace of the ATHF team where they put a 3-way splitter in their cable line. There are a lot of technical fallacies with their use of the fargate (quote "...not to be confused with the Stargate") including the fact that it goes 2-ways, can fit in a wheel chair, and the fargate itself gets a mohawk at the end of the show.

For those of you not familiar with the show, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" airs at midnight ever weeknight on the Cartoon Network. It has a massive cult-following and is hilarious! ATHF is my second favorite TV show, you know my first.
            -GuyFromOH
            I'm a guy, from Ohio.
            ------------------------------------
            Teal'c: "Chelnak!"
            Daniel: "Direct translation: Very
            cool!"

Comment

Working...
            X