No announcement yet.

Hottest guy in B5 or Crusade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I've heard about Michael O'Hare's problems, I feel bad for calling him stiff. I guess it was amazing he pulled that off at all.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah. Still, my guess is that he kept his illness secret because he didn't want to be pitied.
      sigpic

Comment

Nobody would ever be able to keep a secret like that today.
        sigpic

Comment

You're probably right... Unfortunately.

On the other hand, public figures who are honest about their illnesses can do a lot of good, just think of actor/comedian Stephen Fry who's done a lot for getting information out about bipolar disorder, which he has.
          sigpic

Comment

For me, Michael was portraying Sinclair very much as a military figure. Didn't he have family who were in the Air Force ? So, perhaps he was going on actual fact. I just really found his whole approach sexy ! Now - hearing about his problems. Well. The man was beyond amazing.

Comment

I did think sometimes that his acting choices were a little weird, but no so weird that I wondered if he had a mental illness.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              You're probably right... Unfortunately.

On the other hand, public figures who are honest about their illnesses can do a lot of good
              Much more good than hiding it like it's something to be ashamed of, I think - not that I'm criticizing Michael O'Hare because those were different times. But it's more responsible these days to be honest about a mental illness - not act like it's a personal failing that needs to be secret.
              sigpic

Comment

I can't speak for the States, but I'm not too sure if having a mental illness would be anything but a handicap for an actor in Britain. Very famous people appear to have succeeded but the business is ruthless, and someone like Michael might well make the same choice he did. It was his first starring role, and quite a move for him.

Comment

Working...
                X