Michael and Lexa Shanks Nominated for Leo Awards 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael and Lexa Shanks Nominated for Leo Awards 2013

Congratulations to Michael Shanks and Lexa Doig on their nominations for a Leo Award ...

The full list of Nominations is here...

http://leoawards.com/2013/nominees_by_name_2013.html

Michael has stiff competition from Niall Matter from Primeval: NW and Kevin McNulty, SG-1's Dr Warner & now of Arctic Air...and Lexa is up against 2 of her Arctic Air co-stars...good luck to them all.....actually I've just been informed that Lexa is also nommed for Continuum too!..

Other Stargate alumni nominated - John Cassini, Peter Woeste, Brian Markinson, Mike Dopud, Garry Chalk Dan Payne & Ryan Robbins who along with Emily Ullerup also waves the flag for ex-Sanctuary actors too..

I'm sure I've missed some as it's a loooong list of nominees with lots of productions, feel free to add congrats to anyone else I've missed out on....

Continuum also features heavily, as does Arrow....

Nice to see so many family faces in shows that we love on this forum..

Deeds xx
    Last edited by discodiva; 13 May 2013, 06:59 AM.
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Lexa barely had any screen presence in Continuum, so I don't understand why she would be nominated for her role in that.

Comment

Well I just hope they and we all enjoy their LEO nominations and celebrations...with the re-election of the Liberals in BC, I doubt the BC Film and TV Industry will get the tax break law changes they were hoping for now and the implication for productions in Vancouver which are and have been steadily falling and being re-routed to provinces elsewhere in North America, meaning that there might not be as much work for our favourite actors/actresses/writers/directors and most importantly hard working behind the scenes crew in the coming years...

Many of the BC acting and directing fraternity on Twitter are extremely sad and worried tonight...

Deeds xx
      Last edited by discodiva; 14 May 2013, 11:52 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

As you might have read on another couple of threads....it's a big

CONGRATULATIONS TO MICHAEL

On his LEO 2013 Award win for Best Lead Performance By A Male In A Dramatic Series for his episode of Saving Hope "Ride Hard or Go Home"..

Lexa sadly lost out, but was able to celebrate the many wins gained by the cast of "Continuum" tonight, including "Best Dramatic Series"...and the serendipty doesn't end there as Brian Markinson (ex Stargate SG-1) and fellow Continuum cast member guest starred with Michael in his award-winning episode of Saving Hope..

There are pics and tweets floating all around atm...am sure more will be posted (probably by me ) later...

Deeds xx
        sigpic

Comment

Photos of Michael collecting and "posing" with his LEO Award for Best Actor now up at MSOL galleries...

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/...ards2013.shtml

Deeds xx
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X