Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBC AMERICA HOW COULD YOU (The Name of the Doctor is OUT on DVD NOW)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC AMERICA HOW COULD YOU (The Name of the Doctor is OUT on DVD NOW)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e3763eac5...7zso5_1280.jpg

http://untempered-schism-insta.tumbl...re-order-early

This review is spoiler-free, thankfully!

'So… Did anyone else get their pre-order early? This is a HUGE mistake via BBC America, one I’m very happy to be victimized by. I get to see Nightmare in Silver AND The Name of the Doctor early!

So, I feel like I have the awesome power of being able to spoil something really really big in the palm of my hands but I refuse sir, I REFUSE! Just know that The Name of the Doctor is a seriously game-changing episode. And that Clara’s explanation will BLOW classic Whovians out of the water'
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 May 2013, 04:14 PM.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Don't tell everybody!

The less Americans know about this disgrace the better! You know why? Because if they know about it they may start thinking about it! And if they think about it they might go looking for it!

Heads will roll I tell you! HEADS WILL ROLL!
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Thank you for the heads up. That's me off the internet for the next week. What an absolute disgrace.

Comment

Edward Russell, DW Exec has tweeted

Production error in US means DW bluray shipped early. Let's hope no one spoils it for those who want to enjoy it together on Sat.
        If you're a genuine DW fan or fan site - please retweet my last message or put it out yourselves.
        This is like a Doctor Who version of the Dunkirk spirit! I know some folk want to boast, but it's so much better if we all watch together.

Comment

What a terrible mistake for them to make on the shipping! Thank you for not telling
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for telling me.

I think paying my license fee entitle me to an early viewing,

someone better upload it to the net.

Don't worry I will not spread spoilers.

Comment

curious - how does paying your licensing fee 'entitle' you to an early viewing? This makes no sense to me.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                curious - how does paying your licensing fee 'entitle' you to an early viewing? This makes no sense to me.
                well maybe not entitle me but it certainly not illegal in my book. I will still watch on Saturday anyway, an probably the Friday viewing as well, so it not like the BBC will be losing eyeballs.

Comment

If anyone who gets their mitts on the finale uploads the final ep to the net ,YT etc : please bear in mind that promoting the links and/or asking for any is expressly forbidden on GW and the Forums.

Keep any such links and reqs off GW.That long-standing policy also covers Visitor Messaging and Group messages.

Also despite the inevitable scramble for news and plot revelations that'll find their way here : try not to post un-tagged spoilers ,spoilery titles and so on.

If anyone forgets : report the posts for tagging /edit.

Thanks in advance ,everyone.
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Just what BAggie says. Don't spoil it for those of us waiting. That finale is a forbidden topic here until next saturday (?) when it airs.

No spoilers, no screen caps, if you watched it, please keep it to yourself or talk elsewhere.

thanks
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It's nice to know that I'm at least safe on GW... Now I just need to avoid facebook, twitter and youtube for a week.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Ive posted in the news feed too about it, as hadnt seen this thread

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          It's nice to know that I'm at least safe on GW... Now I just need to avoid facebook, twitter and youtube for a week.
                          Good luck.You might need to watch e-mail too and thread/other site subs!

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                          Ive posted in the news feed too about it, as hadnt seen this thread
                          Thanks,Teddy!
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

No worries
                            Im now going into internet recluse and not using any terms associated with Doctor Who in google/facebook/youtube as spoilers pop up anywhere!
                            Which will be hard for me as I use the internet daily on my job and use words like Doctor regulary in internet searches!
                            Also, glad to report that this site http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/ has disabled all comment fields on its posts, but I would still avoid its sister site http://cultfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              Well our TV licence fees fund the show. The least the BBC can do is air it on UK first. That said, nothing can be done about pre-orders being shipped out early.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X