• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazil (310)

Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON THREE
    BRAZIL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 310
    The 2nd Mass unleashes a major attack on the Espheni defense tower, but a victory raises new questions with regard to the Volm and their intentions for the human race. Meanwhile, Lourdes struggles under the torment of an enemy within.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 08 August 2013, 09:00 PM.

I'm usually not very critical of most shows but.....This episode was underwhelming to say the least. At least it didn't leave us with a cliffhanger that we all have to wonder about for nearly a year like the last 2 season's. With the resistant back on the road again, the political crap out of the way, and the Volm gone there own way, I hope they get back to the same formula that made the first 2 season's great.

Comment

As long as the Rebel Skitters are still around. It's nice to have some aliens to interact with the humans.

I felt that Karen was sincere this time though.

Comment

It was a little bit underwhelming but I hate cliffhangers so it all balances out.
        sigpic

Comment

Yes, cliffhangers are not good,if we have to wait a year to find out what happens.

Spoiler:
          So Karen's dead, then? that's kinda too bad I kind of liked her as the bad guy so I suppose they'll get another fishhead to replace her? Did I miss something last episode, where did they get the train?
          So maybe the Volm aren't so bad, when they were holding Tom I thought yep they've got an agenda alright but they've let the 2nd Mass go on with Tom so maybe they are who they say they are.
          And the "cliffhanger" is probably what in the world are they going to do with Lexie? I'm wondering if she isn't meant to be the replacement for Karen?

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
            I'm usually not very critical of most shows but.....This episode was underwhelming to say the least. At least it didn't leave us with a cliffhanger that we all have to wonder about for nearly a year like the last 2 season's. With the resistant back on the road again, the political crap out of the way, and the Volm gone there own way, I hope they get back to the same formula that made the first 2 season's great.
            Couldn't that though hav been considered the cliff hanger.. That the Volm are trying to push us out, and we are now back on the road?

I did like it that "Dad" seemed to let cochice help the humans go. Wonder if what Tom said swayed him..

As for 'baby' lexie (now looking like a 7 yr old).. I am getting flashbacks of Adria from S10 of sg1.

Comment

Underwhelming is a great way to describe this season finale.

Spoiler:
              Everything seemed to fall just too easily into place for the Tom and his clan. It was as though they did not have to fight for it, which left me kind of bored since I could already figure out the outcome. Lourdes looked like she might be possessed with all that moaning and groaning and hair all over the place. I'm glad they got the bugs out. Karen getting killed (or is she? bring her back!) was the only thing I was surprised about. I also was not surprised to see Anne and Lexie back. I figured that thing they were in was some kind of stasis chamber, maybe to aid the kid in getting bigger. (Memories of Elizabeth in the cocoon thing in the 80's television series V comes to mind) Whatever happened I knew they were not dead. Karen is such a liar. The series left me with quite a few questions which I hope will be answered next year. Oh and I also hated how one minute Weaver and the others on the train were in major trouble and then they show up fine. It bugged me that they did not show the fight scene. I thought that as lame. The whole episode just seemed off. Too easy. On the bright note, I am quite happy the 2nd Mass is back on the road. I liked them best when they were that way.

I really just feel meh about this season as compared to last year's season which I thought was fantastic.

Comment

On the plus side...they cast an excellent girl (looks wise) to play the daughter of Anne especially.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Not season finale material, but this entire season hasn't exactly been stellar.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don't like that Karen is dead. I thought she was a good villain. The fact that she was an Overlord, yet at the same time still the girl Hal used to date caused issues among the 2nd mass (although the issue was entirely gone this season). Plus, I really liked Jessy Schram, so I'm bummed about it.
                  Also glad Lourdes survived, she was basically reduced to a background character this season and then suddenly WHAM; she's the mole. I expected her to die, based on that alone. Don't know if she's completely healthy despite what Lexi did to her.
                  Maggie... I think it's time for her to go. She's been bugging me this entire season, her attitude, her behavior, the fact that she's been treating Hal more like a possession than her boyfriend... And then last night, she killed Karen even though Karen was already dying, and Human!Karen finally resurfaced to say goodbye to Hal and apologize. That was uncalled for. And then that smug look on her face... Not to mention how she also suggested killing Lourdes, even though she wouldn't allow anyone near Hal if he were still the mole.
                  The woman's gotta go, she's no longer a female badass, she's just a pain in the ass.
                  I'm worried about Weaver though, wonder what's gonna happen with him next season.

Comment

After thinking about it for a bit I think they had to trim all the cool fighting scenes that should have happened because they ran out of budget for cool sfx. They still covered all the plot points, but in a cheaper way.

Comment

I am sad they didn't end up relocated in Brazil, it would have been an interesting road trip for the second mass to get back to Charleston or just the US and travelling through multiple countries and seeing how the rest of the world is coping with an alien invasion would have been interesting to see. Personally I would have prefer that to just taking us back to season 2 on the road. I do find Brazil an interesting choice for the relocation through. Would have thought somewhere like Australia or UK would have made more sense through, isolated from Skitter ground movement and the humans would be unable to move enmass to interfere with Volm vs Overlord war.

I think it time to trim the current cast and introduce some new characters, may be trim down the Masion gang, kill of Maggie, and either Tom, Weaver or Pope needs to go/

Comment

I would have jumped at the Brazil option, personally. I would be such a lousy useless person in an apocalypse - forget fighting, give me umbrella drinks on a beach in Brazil!
                        sigpic

Comment

^^yeah I hate to say it but cowardly me probably would have gone for Brazil, too.

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                            I would have jumped at the Brazil option, personally. I would be such a lousy useless person in an apocalypse - forget fighting, give me umbrella drinks on a beach in Brazil!
                            Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                            ^^yeah I hate to say it but cowardly me probably would have gone for Brazil, too.
                            I wouldnt be suprised if there will be some backlash from that in season 4
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Good season finale ....now we wait for a new season
                              Alexis look so similar to the Dr. glass, good casting by the way!!
                              Kind of sad that Karen is dead ,or is it ?
                              Pope carry the Volm anti-vehicle weapon it is so badass to see him do that!!!
                              Alexis she can take out eye worms and turn into dust, does this mean she can remove harness kid's hardness with out operation??
                              about alexis similar to Adria in sg1 s10, they are right!!
                              Volm want to relocate them to Brazil, why do they doing that? is it to protect them or other agenda ??
                              i actual think that they want to protect them, minimize any casualties when Volm fighting Fishhead.
                              And mass 2nd have both fishhead and volm tech knowledge, what now?

still have so much things to talk about......
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X