• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be Silent and Come Out (306)

Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON THREE
    BE SILENT AND COME OUT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 306
    Hal’s dual personae are exposed when he takes his father hostage, leading to a stand-off with Colonel Weaver and a confrontation with his own family.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 13 July 2013, 08:19 PM.

A good episode , although it felt a bit like filler, not much happened. If Marina is truly the mole then she has just gotten a wee damn bit of power.

Comment

I couldn't get into this episode much as previous episodes, but it wrap up the big stories from the first half of the season, hopefully the story paste will pick up a bit.
      but a few things come to mind,.

How the hell did the skitter suddenly develop a way to make a smart biological targeted weapon design to specifically to take out a Overlord mind control device. This means to me that the skitters are far more advance technologically than they have demonstrated before, at least a good few years ahead of where humans were before invasion. Also how did they manage to hide this technology from the Espheni and their voyage to Earth or are the Skitters rebuilding their technology and knowledge on Earth.

I was expecting the cure to come from the Volm, given that we know they have equal or superior technology to the overlord. But it coming from the skitter is out of left field.

I am not sure about Marina, either she will be a crap leader that attacks the Volm weapon without considering the full ramifications of losing their one ally that are equal to the Espheni, and Tom Mason will have to come in an rescue the 2nd mass and pick up the pieces or she will turn out to the be the mole or by some stretch of the imagination she turns into a good leader may be even better than Mason.

Drew Roy played evil Hal good through out the whole episode. Thought the hostage scene was a bit slow through.

Pope betting scenes so reminded of Quark from DS9, I was expecting them to show at the end that Pope put all his money on both Hal and Tom getting out of there alive, and perhaps a shot from a sniper cover weaver when he visited the bar.

I burst laughing when it one of Pope goons was sitting in the hospital reading pulse magazine. He couldn't have stood out more if he was wearing a clown costume. Through none of the mason gang seem to relies he was their.

Not sure why Laudres destroyed the alien device using a flame thrower rather than find a way to contain it and research the device properties and learn more about Espheni technology for ourselves. I am not clean on how the 2nd mass seem to abandon all attempts to learn more about the Espheni technology since season 1.

Comment

Wasn't too crazy about this episode. I'm glad it tied up some loose ends and we got rid of evil!Hal, but other than that.. naah, not much excitement.
        Thought Drew Roy did one heck of a job tho, switching back and forth between evil!Hal and Hal so easily, kudos!
        Still not too crazy about Tom Mason himself; the writers need to work on this, I doubt their main character is supposed to be this great bag of d*cks.

This was the first episode this season where I didn't love Pope. I felt like they were taking a page from season 2, where they managed to turn him into the most unlikeable character of all, and so of course nothing made me happier than seeing awesome Pope back again this season. So I wasn't too sure about this placing bets thing he was doing. Seemed like a major step back from the episode prior to this one.

Anyone else think Charleston and its folks are extremely arrogant by just getting themselves a new president? They should've stopped the moment they discovered the real president was still alive. People can't just go around declaring others as president whenever they feel like it, just cause they live in a world of chaos. What's wrong with just being the leader?

Anyways; hoping for a better episode next week.

Comment

I liked the way Pope's expression was just wiped when Weaver walked in...It was almost as if Pope can feel shame, if only for a moment.
          sigpic

Comment

Well, I liked it. A showdown with Hal was overdue. I'm glad they dealt with it. Substantive story developments. Good character development with Marina, Pope, Weaver, Maggie, and the Mason family. Great shot of Maggie toward the end, on the verge of tears, hand on heart. Remember how emotionally guarded Maggie used to be? Nice character growth. Anyway, I thought 3x06 was an improvement over last episode.

Comment

I'm still watching this show, but I must admit I miss more action, more info about the aliens. But this episode was above average

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                How the hell did the skitter suddenly develop a way to make a smart biological targeted weapon design to specifically to take out a Overlord mind control device. This means to me that the skitters are far more advance technologically than they have demonstrated before, at least a good few years ahead of where humans were before invasion. Also how did they manage to hide this technology from the Espheni and their voyage to Earth or are the Skitters rebuilding their technology and knowledge on Earth.
                Perhaps that is how the resistance skitters have gotten out from under the Espheni's heel..? As to tech, perhaps it was always part of their tech, but the fish heads felt using the slug/harness control methods would get the knowledge from them.. But i do hope its something they go more into in future eps.

I was expecting the cure to come from the Volm, given that we know they have equal or superior technology to the overlord. But it coming from the skitter is out of left field.
                I was actually hoping it wasn't again the Volm coming to the rescue..

I am not sure about Marina, either she will be a crap leader that attacks the Volm weapon without considering the full ramifications of losing their one ally that are equal to the Espheni, and Tom Mason will have to come in an rescue the 2nd mass and pick up the pieces or she will turn out to the be the mole or by some stretch of the imagination she turns into a good leader may be even better than Mason.
                IMo it would be a sort of slam if she did turn out to be the 2nd mole
                Spoiler:
                which as of ep 307 we know is not true
                and hope she IS on the up and up.

Pope betting scenes so reminded of Quark from DS9, I was expecting them to show at the end that Pope put all his money on both Hal and Tom getting out of there alive, and perhaps a shot from a sniper cover weaver when he visited the bar.
                Typical pope for me.. Though i do like it how everyone in the bar did get all silent when Weaver walked in, and dressed pope down.

burst laughing when it one of Pope goons was sitting in the hospital reading pulse magazine. He couldn't have stood out more if he was wearing a clown costume. Through none of the mason gang seem to relies he was their.
                More than likely they DID know what he was up to, but could not care less since all he was there for was to watch and observe/ensure no one messed things up..

Not sure why Laudres destroyed the alien device using a flame thrower rather than find a way to contain it and research the device properties and learn more about Espheni technology for ourselves. I am not clean on how the 2nd mass seem to abandon all attempts to learn more about the Espheni technology since season 1.
                Being we saw one of those eye bugs back in S2 escape from one of those glass containers before (the one which was in tom mason), perhaps they felt destroying it was the best option. BUT i do agree they do need to start trying to learn more about the tech..

Comment

1. Well sooner or later this showdown was going to happen.

2. Had no idea how this was going to play out.

3. Pope! LOL!

4. Re: Charlston President. Good point but do we know if Hathaway is still alive?
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I liked the episode. Wished Hal killed himself though, that would have been ballsy. Or having one of the other kids get shoot would have been cool to. I think the show suffers a bit of playing it safe. There are no real surprises in the show at least so far.

Pope was well played here. I kind of wish they put him in jail for treason or something not because I think it is right but with a breakdown of society that kind of thing would happen.

Tom was elected but the one lady was appointed. I think they should have had someone question her right to be president.

Was a little annoyed that the doctor kept looking up at Tom during the bug hunt. Don't look at the president do your job.

I think for me the best part of this episode was evil hal. Good performance and the things he did were good like hitting his father in his hurt ankle. Also pretending to be normal hal was good.

Comment

Working...
                    X