• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search and Recover (305)

Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON THREE
    SEARCH AND RECOVER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 305
    Tom and Pope find themselves on the run in the woods, hiding from the enemy while on the verge of turning on each other. Back in Charleston Weaver leads a search for Anne and her daughter, and Tom’s assistant Marina seeks help from Dr. Kadar on a special project.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 02 July 2013, 10:22 PM.

good episode.

Tom chief of staff lied, Tom not only suggested investigating the Volm weapon, He suggested they asked Wilson for his opinion on the weapon! Through I don't think she the mole, but I think she may be working for the real president and pasting on intelligence.

Tom and pope, two brothers that will kill each other if left on their own long enough or at least pummel each other until they can barely stand, but they will die defending each other from aliens, or back stabbing chief of staff, I suspect.

It good to see the skitters in full attack mode and looking slightly more scary than usual.

I hope we get to see what happen to the other plane and its occupants soon.

What is it with aliens and poor sensors.

Comment

Season one and two were good, just a little slow, but season three, WOW! Very happy with the episodes so far!

Comment

Really? I thought this episode was a bit of a yawn although it had its moments. Tom's reaction the snake joke was out of character. The whole argument & fight felt forced.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
          Really? I thought this episode was a bit of a yawn although it had its moments. Tom's reaction the snake joke was out of character. The whole argument & fight felt forced.
          This. But he was just woken up in a rather...interesting fashion...and he was highly stressed out. It might not take much.

But yeah, I would have rather seen a verbal lashing.
          sigpic

Comment

I was gonna disagree but upon rewatching it, it did feel a little forced. I completely expected an episode where the two of these guys would finally have a head to head, but it was so cliche in how it was done. At least they did not end up best friends because that would have been totally unbelievable.

Nice moments between Matt and Ben in this episode. The others have to start wondering what is up with Hal based on his behavior, or at least I hope they are starting to rack their little brains. Cannot wait to see what has happened to Anne and the baby. I do not think the Chief of Staff is the mole but her actions make me wonder what she is up to.

This season so far is just okay after the 2 opening episodes. I kind of miss when the second mass was just the second mass, and Tom wasn't the president, Weaver was in charge. But I am interested in where this season is going to go, although the last 3 eps have been a little boring to me.

Comment

I'm reall yloving season 3 so far, and I think this was their best episode of the season yet. I agree that if was very out of character for Tom to respond in the way he did. Sure they were both on edge, and a fight between those two was bound to happen at some point, but this wasn't how I wanted it to go. Not to mention that Tom, college professor can actually kick Pope's ass, who knows how to fight and has been in prison? I'm calling bs on that now.

I wanna know what happened to the other plane. The President was on it, so was Cochis, and I'm sure that wasn't the last we've seen of them.
              I'm surprised no one at Charleston has noticed Hal's odd behavior yet. The guy has the worst pokerface in the world, and yet no one seems to suspect anything (maybe Maggie, but that's it). I hope something will happen soon there.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                good episode.

Tom chief of staff lied, Tom not only suggested investigating the Volm weapon, He suggested they asked Wilson for his opinion on the weapon! Through I don't think she the mole, but I think she may be working for the real president and pasting on intelligence.
                Either that or she is just curious and now she is in charge, she can actually get more info.

Tom and pope, two brothers that will kill each other if left on their own long enough or at least pummel each other until they can barely stand, but they will die defending each other from aliens, or back stabbing chief of staff, I suspect.
                They do seem to fight like brothers a lot.. Though i give props to pope for coming back.

It good to see the skitters in full attack mode and looking slightly more scary than usual.
                I wonder, if they have ever thought of using melee weapons (or ranged ones) so they don't have to charge in all the time?

I hope we get to see what happen to the other plane and its occupants soon.
                Same here. Did cocheese make it out?

is it with aliens and poor sensors.
                Maybe they have not invented them?

The guy has the worst pokerface in the world, and yet no one seems to suspect anything (maybe Maggie, but that's it). I hope something will happen soon there.
                Didn't he flat out tell her (and she found out anyway) what was up, but she does not want him to confess cause he might get shot as the traitor..??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Didn't he flat out tell her (and she found out anyway) what was up, but she does not want him to confess cause he might get shot as the traitor..??
                  Yes he did. But that was when was "just Hal", still trying to be good and do something about this brainwashing/whatever you wanna call it. I think it's pretty obvious good Hal is gone right now, and the other one has taken over completely. And that one has the worst pokerface in the world. The entire time they were looking for Anne, you could tell fro his face he didn't like them getting closer to the truth, finding out ways to maybe find Anne sooner... Nobody's paying attention to it tho

Comment

Am I missing something here? Why would they think Hal would be branded as a traitor or even shot? He did not put the alien bug inside him, Karen did. Tom would never allow that to happen. Unless they are talking someone taking matters into their own hands.

Comment

But what else could they do with him? Lock him up?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Seems the best option now. If one of your people has a bug inside their head who can control them without them even knowing it, then there's no knowing what might happen, and what they would do. So yes; locking Hal up is the best thing they can do right now. That way, he can't do anything crazy inside Charleston, and he won't be able to go to Karen either.

Comment

I think the episodes are getting worse and worse. Your assessment is what I felt, everything on the show feels so forced. Tom's youngest kid needs to be removed (not the baby). He never has added anything to the show but useless filler. The dialog of the colonel is always stilted and corny, almost like a caricature of a hard nosed commander. The scientist in the depths was over the top, and not in a good way, but in spite of all of that he is at least somewhat interesting.

Tom's middle son needs more screen time, he's good. Same with the older son. I want the character to act less retarded, why the hell did Tom's wife leave with the kid? if she needed to show proof, record the damn baby when it does something crazy, hide it from the kid, document it and tell someone. The way the oldest son kept his situation from his father was also forced for the sake of making the narrative allow him as a mole. If they wanted to do that there had to be a cleaner way for him to be the mole and less retarded.

I still watch this show because there is precious little on that is sci fi, but even defiance is better than this show now. DEFIANCE !!!!!! and that is more like a western/fantasy series than sci fi.

Comment

Yes.
                              But if there was a 2nd spy, what's stopping that other one freeing (or killing off) Hal? Also he can still be of use in that capacity as a spy via info he learns..

Comment

Working...
                              X