• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Thin Ice (301)

Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON THREE
    ON THIN ICE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 301
    Seven months after the arrival of the 2nd Mass in Charleston, the town enjoys the benefits of support and technology from the Volm. But when evidence points to a mole in their ranks, Tom appoints his former mentor to investigate. Hal dreams of encounters with Karen, and Anne prepares to give birth.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 15 June 2013, 09:04 PM.

I like Season Premieres that start off things with a "bang".

Comment

Great first two episodes (speaking about both, of course)
      sigpic

Comment

yes great first two eps and:
        Spoiler:
        wondering who the mole is, can the Volms be trusted, and holy cow Karen is the new overlord did I hear that right?

Comment

Yup you did.
          Spoiler:

Though it makes me irked that yet again they 'skip forward in time'. I would have loved to see the initial meeting with the Volms and the formation of the pack with them.
          in addition the whole "mole" thing has me on edge, as i love skullduggery.

Though it also makes me wonder.. If the Volm has such good tech, how was it the "assini (i believe thats what the overlord race is called) enslaved them?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Yup you did.
            Spoiler:

Though it makes me irked that yet again they 'skip forward in time'. I would have loved to see the initial meeting with the Volms and the formation of the pack with them.
            in addition the whole "mole" thing has me on edge, as i love skullduggery.

Though it also makes me wonder.. If the Volm has such good tech, how was it the "assini (i believe thats what the overlord race is called) enslaved them?
            Spoiler:
            It's Ashvini. And I think Weaver is right. The Volm are lying about who and what they are and have their own agenda.
            Meh...

Comment

Great episode.

Spoiler:
              I too was irked that they skipped forward. I would like to know more about what happened right after the Volm came to earth. I really hope Hal does not turn out to be the mole, because it is so obvious that it would be him. I love Karen as the new overlord. She does creepy and evil so well. What is up with super babies in sci-fi shows. First BSG, then Stargate Sg-1 and Atlantis. I do not get the fascination. I am wondering if this season will be like some big dream, based on the previews for next week. or I could be getting ahead of myself and misunderstanding the preview.

Comment

it's spelled Espheni.

Comment

For a few seconds I entertained the notion that the

Spoiler:
                  mole IS the Volm

but then dismissed that as too obvious, so I considered that it was

Spoiler:
                  Hal because he is "telepathically" linked to Karen...

but then I dismissed that because he

Spoiler:
                  knew both parts of the attack plan, so it couldn't be him.

So I'm back to the original idea.

Oh and WHAT THE FRAK??

Spoiler:
                  You have shiny new weapons that can take out a super-mech in one shot, but you forget to take them to the biggest battle ever, and don't even consider strapping one to Hal's platform?????

JEEZ! no wonder we're on the menu.

Still, who cares? Falling Skies is back!!!! YIPEEEE!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                    For a few seconds I entertained the notion that the

Spoiler:
                    mole IS the Volm

but then dismissed that as too obvious, so I considered that it was

Spoiler:
                    Hal because he is "telepathically" linked to Karen...

but then I dismissed that because he

Spoiler:
                    knew both parts of the attack plan, so it couldn't be him.

So I'm back to the original idea.

Oh and WHAT THE FRAK??

Spoiler:
                    You have shiny new weapons that can take out a super-mech in one shot, but you forget to take them to the biggest battle ever, and don't even consider strapping one to Hal's platform?????

JEEZ! no wonder we're on the menu.

Still, who cares? Falling Skies is back!!!! YIPEEEE!

Spoiler:
                    I thought it was Hal as well, but the mole got the plans while they were traveling to the site, I think, so it couldn't be him. I have a theory about who it is but I'll keep it to myself
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                      Great episode.

Spoiler:
                      I too was irked that they skipped forward. I would like to know more about what happened right after the Volm came to earth. I really hope Hal does not turn out to be the mole, because it is so obvious that it would be him. I love Karen as the new overlord. She does creepy and evil so well. What is up with super babies in sci-fi shows. First BSG, then Stargate Sg-1 and Atlantis. I do not get the fascination. I am wondering if this season will be like some big dream, based on the previews for next week. or I could be getting ahead of myself and misunderstanding the preview.
                      Spoiler:
                      Yes irked too I thought I had missed an episode I would like to see in a flashback how the initial meeting/alliance got set up with the Volm. And I don't trust them either they have their own agenda for sure.
                      The super baby thing- I could do without that storyline. But we'll see how it plays out.

Comment

Very strong season premiere. My wife couldn't watch it when I did, so I got lucky. I got to watch this twice in two days. I even picked up a few things I didn't notice in my first watch.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Good episode.
                          I reckon Tom is planning to seize the Volm weapon once it is completed for the resistance, with Pope men taking care of the Volm. Tom and Pope make the best double team on the show. Weaver will be pissed that Tom left him out of his plan to double cross the Volm. I don't think Weaver will be launching a rebellion anytime soon, as has been suggested on other sites, Weaver and Tom are just to close for that to happen.

I am kind of hoping the creepy baby thing is just all in her mind, they all been through hell and back and it would be nice to see some consequences and it not exactly unknown for pregnancies to induce a mental melt down, that be a bigger surprise than Alexis actually being a super baby.

It a shame Matt as entered the rebellious teenage stage, his character was better last season, playing the kid learning to fight.

Comment

Very happy to see the show back, and with a bang indeed.

It's weird to think Karen started out as a fairly sweet thing, and now is so Superbad. Indeed though, despite the actors (apparent young) age, she does a pretty convincing job IMO, but I have to say it did strike me as pretty unrealistic that she'd become the new boss - presume it was as much about saving on CGI than anything.

I don't mind the "6 months later" (or however long it was), as it just adds that degree of mystery, trying to figure out all that's been going on since last we saw the survivors.

Ahh - I'd forgotten about the Mole doing things at the same time that Hal had solid alibis... It really could be anyone... But it had better be a main character... Just too lame if they pass it off on some previously unnamed soldier.
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

The mole is mostly likely the person who killed Manchester, an to me it look like it was a women walking along the corridor.

I am thinking the mole is Tom chief of staff.

Comment

Working...
                              X