Bruce Boxleitner's LANTERN CITY & B5 20th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruce Boxleitner's LANTERN CITY & B5 20th Anniversary

I can't believe I don't see any posts about this. Bruce Boxleitner of Babylon 5 and Tron fame has been trying to get a fantasy show called Lantern City off the ground for a year now. He is doing everything backward. He has a good people committed to being in it, John Rhys-Davies, Mira Furlan, Tony Amendola, and more. He is trying to build a fan base before he even has a show, in particular Steampunk fans. They are even taking submissions of Steampunk artwork to be showcased on the show. Yeah you read that right, they are taking fan submissions for items they will showcase on the show.

I was at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo last weekend in and sat in on the Lantern City panel. It was great. The show sounds like it could be great. They announced an illustrated novel called Rise that will be released in July just before San Diego Comic Con. It is a prequel that takes place one hundred and fifteen years prior to the era that the show will be set in. You can pre-order it now at their website. They are giving away goodies with pre-orders like autographed copies and so forth. Anyway, go check out the website if you are a fan of BB, Steampunk, anyone in it, anything fantasy. It looks cool. Also, sign up for their site, like them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter. In this day and age numbers of people who sign up for those things can get them funding to make the show. I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS SHOW ! ! ! ! Here is a link:

http://lanterncitytv.com/

AND spread the word around this forum if you can. At least people should go look at the concept art and back story stuff. It sounds pretty interesting. There are also a few Boxleitner promo videos.

I am a huge Babylon 5 fan, a big Stargate fan, and I think we should all get involved in stuff like this. I hope that actors from both of these great franchises can keep coming on board. I can't believe I have forgotten to come to this forum for so long. I almost forgot to come over here and tell folks.

ALSO BABYLON 5 FANS - - - - -

IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THEY ARE DOING A BABYLON 5 20TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION AT PHOENIX CON starting, I believe, May 23rd. There are many stars of the show who are going to be in attendance. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO upset that it doesn't look like I am going to make it.

POINTS OF THIS LONG POST - check out Lantern City and B5 20TH Anniversary Celebration at Phoenix Con.

I have a thread started for Phoenix Comicon in the fandom section because I will be there.

Comment

That's not fair! You are in Arizona, so you just got lucky. I am going to have to drive from Illinois if I end up going . . . . which is highly unlikely.

Comment

Boxleitner just tweeted that he got a new job and will NOT be at Phoenix Comicon with the Lantern City folks. I wonder if they will just cancel their panel?

Comment

Here are some updates. I was reminded that Mira Furlan and Gigi Edgley will be in attendance at Phoenix Comic Con and I assume they will be at the Lantern City panel. It stinks that Boxleitner can't make it, but those are the breaks and if I were going to Phoenix I definitely love the trade off for Mrs. Edgley. I was also informed that updates to the site will be coming soon.

Comment

There is a new RISE promo video up on the Lantern City YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GH7_ABp3FQ

It is about 5 minutes and gives more info on what RISE is all about.

Comment

is it just me or does he look like a younger clone of Michael Douglas? (including the voice)

Comment

Latest updates up on LanternCityTV.com. RISE will be 124 pages with 26 full page illustrations.

Comment

If you have pre-ordered RISE and you are going to be in San Diego for the con you should go to the LanternCityTV.com forum and read an update one of the creators of the show posted there. You'll thank me later.

Comment

New Update: RISE did start shipping around the 19th. I have read confirmations from at least two people who say they have their copy and the pre-order goodies they had coming. I have not received my package yet and there have been no shipment notifications sent either. Also, there is a lot of activity on the Lantern City Facebook page right now including more pics from the book and an announcement that you can now order RISE through Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Lantern-C...tern+City+Rise

Comment

So I finally did finish RISE a little while back. I really enjoyed the story and I love the illustrations. I think it is a great introduction to the back story of Lantern City. My only complaint is that the end of the story seemed rushed. It seemed obvious that there was a deadline or hard page count limit. It is a very short book anyway and having it feel rushed to the end was a bit of a let down. That being said, I still really enjoyed it. I just wish the final quarter or so of the book had been fleshed out a little more.

Here is a recent interview with Matthew James Daley about future installments and the show. It does contain spoilers.

http://twodashstash.com/2013/08/rise...th-matt-daley/

Comment

Not much new to report. At Space City Con Boxleitner said they were in talks with a big company, but he didn't get specific. I didn't get a chance to speak to him or I would have tried to find out more. He was great on all of his panel discussions though. I also noticed this, but forgot to post it here until now.

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Lantern-C...s=lantern+city

Comment

There hasn't been any Lantern City news since January, until yesterday. Here is some of the most important info from an update he posted on http://lanterncitytv.com/

As for other news there have bee a lot of ups and downs. The Team continues to make headway on acquiring funding for season one of Lantern City after a leadership change at a major network left us high and dry. At 2.9 million per episode its not a small task. Lantern city has never been about doing things traditionally, so why should funding be any different.

Because we aren’t giving up on the series, we are moving into production on a full graphic novel for LC. “The Last War” will feature the final fight between Isaac Foster Grey and the No Side Army. This epic tale is too big to be contained in an illustrated novel and so a full graphic novel treatment is where we are going. Matt has already started writing and we are planning on releasing the first section of writing soon.

We know that good news is something that everyone want to hear about the series. We kept waiting for good news, as it seemed within our grasp. We try to keep the excruciating waiting to ourselves, but moving forward, we will update you all on a very regular basis, so you aren’t in the dark.

Thanks for sticking with us and the continued support. The light was getting dim there for a second, but things are looking much brighter now.

Trevor

Comment

I noticed that the price of RISE on Amazon has come down. I think the audio version is still the same.

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Lantern-C...s=lantern+city

Comment

Here is the best value for LANTERN CITY: RISE if you have an iPhone or iPad.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rise...860920937?mt=8

It only works with those products as of right now. I have neither, so I am not happy.

You can also just look it up on iTunes as RISE: A LANTERN CITY ILLUSTRATED NOVEL.
                              Last edited by Looney; 28 May 2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X