Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Williams To Direct Episode VII Music Score

John Williams To Direct Episode VII Music Score
    J.J. Abrams was asked at the Star Trek: Into Darkness press conference in Berlin if composer Michael Giacchino would be directing the music for Episode VII. J.J. stated that while he thinks Michael's work is brilliant in the new Star Trek movies and other TV Shows they have collaborated on, it would be John Williams that would helm the music score for Episode VII. This is the closest thing to an official confirmation we have received about the master music maker returning to our beloved galaxy far, far away!

Sorry no link for this...
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

It would not be Star Wars if John Williams did not do the music for the film, period. It is just that simple.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

And if he dies after VII?
      Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doze View Post
        Star Wars dies with him *sniffle*

.... Enough about the future, lets focus on now!

John Williams is a wonderful composer! Sometimes I find it a little bit of a bummer that he did not compose the soundtracks to some very well made musical shows on Broadway or in West End or even Beijing. Those shows woul have gotten one heck of a perking up

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
          Star Wars dies with him *sniffle*

.... Enough about the future, lets focus on now!

John Williams is a wonderful composer! Sometimes I find it a little bit of a bummer that he did not compose the soundtracks to some very well made musical shows on Broadway or in West End or even Beijing. Those shows woul have gotten one heck of a perking up
          Ah. Somehow I bet that he allready has a ton of tunes composed for Star Wars, just haven't shown them to anybody.
          Or that's what I would have done, if I would be John Williams...

Comment

This is good news!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
              It would not be Star Wars if John Williams did not do the music for the film, period. It is just that simple.
              Depends who they'd get to compose if John Williams wasn't able to do it.

The Clone Wars and all the video games aren't done by Williams, but they are very much based on his music so it still feels like Star Wars. The only problem is if they get someone in who does a completely different soundtrack. Again, depends on the new composer. I'd have no problems with a Hans Zimmer composed Star Wars movie but as this is JJ Abrams, surprised Michael Giacchino wasn't first choice to do it. They didn't use Goldsmith for the 09 Star Trek so bit curious why Star Wars deserves to have Williams back.

sigpic

Comment

This is a very real concern for a guy who is over 80 years old. It would be wise to go ahead and commission him to write some pieces for the entire trilogy.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes its great news that John is doing the ep VII music score.
                  There really is no other one who can do it as well.

He has done some amazing scores over the decades he knows just what score to put in depending on whats going on in a film.
                  You just cannot beat his experience in making music scores.

Id assume he has already done scores for the other 2 films in case he is not around when they come out are made.

Comment

FANTASTIC news.
                    I can't wait for another ultramemorable score from him!!
                    And if he does... die... well, I kinda fancy a Daft Punk score lol.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The Emperor does not share your pessimistic appraisal of the situation !

Comment

Great staying true to the music. I actually think this film will be good.
                        sigpic

Favorite quote:
                        McKay: You shot me!
                        Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
                        Ronon: You shot me, too.
                        Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

Me too !

Its like Howard Shore in charge of music for Hobbit thats good news.
                          Both Shore and Williams contributed a LOT to the success of there respective movies.
                          As they say if it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Working...
                          X