Default List of Pete Shanahan fics, as related to Sam Carter, Jack O'Neill and SG1

For those readers who don't mind reading stories involving Pete Shanahan, here is a list of same. Here we have fics in which Pete interacts with SG1, more specifically with Sam Carter and Jack O'Neill.

Last edited by hedwig; April 30th, 2013 at 09:59 AM.

Default Re: List of Pete Shanahan fics, as related to Sam Carter, Jack O'Neill and SG1

A Precious Thing by Natalie Vickers
    All or Nothing by Special Agent Black Storm. Pete should have never wished for her. Because even if he didn’t have her heart, at least he’d still have his own.
    All‘s Fair in Love and War by Rose Stetson. What if Pete Shanahan never really existed . . .
    Ambush by MotatoPotato. Pete rides to the rescue with unexpected results.
    Badfic!Pete and the Temple of Doom by Spiletta42
    Badfic!Pete Meets the FBI by Spiletta42
    Blame by Montage
    Blink of an Eye by Jo R
    Chasing the Wind by StarnightSam
    Choices by ShimmeringStar214. Samantha Carter’s evolving relationships with Pete Shanahan and Jack O’Neill force her to make a tough relationship decision. Set in Season 8 immediately after ‘Covenant’ through and during ‘Sacrifices.’ The M rating is for some coarse language.
    Chameleon by ShimmeringStar214. With an unexpected incident shaking up the SGC, this special op may just be a mission impossible for Sam and Jack. Sequel to Choices. The M rating is for nonexplicit intimacy, a smattering of curse words, and brief violence in one passage.
    Cold Feet by not-a-zatarc. Sam is having doubts about her feelings when things get serious with Pete. When Jack gets injured because of her, she is forced to rethink her current relationship. Does she truly love Pete, or was he just holding a place in her heart for someone else?
    Everything Changes by lkhoward88. AU between season 8&9 with whole group. Earth is attacked and there is no way defend it. Everyone evacuates to the Beta site...SamJack even if Pete is around for a while. Lots of good SJ moments, and a little humor thrown in for the heck of it.
    Evolution by Denise. A series of stories that tells the Evolution of Sam and Jack from teammates to something more.
    Into the Darkness by Angel of Fire SG1. Pete proposes and Sam goes to Jack for advice on what to do next, but Jack being Jack just makes the situation much worse. Now everything's gone wrong for Sam, could things possibly get any worse?...
    Missing Things by literatiwannabe. Alternate Universe. Sam has issues finding something important and barely avoids a precarious situation.
    Hostage Situation by Seldear. What appears to be a standard hostage situation turns personal for more than one member of SG1.
    Secrets and Shadows by Seldear. Secrets and shadows threaten to tear SG-1 apart, but they also have the potential to pull them together.
    Tangled Web by Maggie Eaton. General O'Neill & Colonel Carter aren't getting along and it's affecting everyone around them.
    Three People Daniel Jackson Ran Into in the Supermarket in Colorado Springs During Season Thirteen by artaxastra
    Weak Link by Ruth M. King.
    What Will the Future Hold by fems: Sam's engagement to Pete Shanahan causes friction between her and the other men in her life, especially between her and a certain General. What happens if a woman from Jack's past shows up? Will their relationship finally change or does Samantha Carter throw it all away for a normal life? S/P, S/J. It's M-rated so here's the link to author's FFnet profile or AO3
    All's Fair in Love and Paintball by DrawnToTheRhythm. Cassie wants to go paint balling with SG-1 - only she didnt count on Pete tagging along for the ride! WIP
    Never Say Die by Regency. AU. Pete finds that life as Mr. Samantha Carter isn’t all it’s cracked up to be as long as Jack’s around. SamPete, SamJack UST. Set post-season eight.
    Last edited by hedwig; September 11th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.

Default Re: List of Pete Shanahan fics, as related to Sam Carter, Jack O'Neill and SG1

(reserved #1)

(reserved #2)

(reserved #3)

Is the list limited to canon-interactions between and Pete, or are AU stories allowed as well?
    Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty!
    loves and loves right back.

No w/o a and no w/o a
    It's an immutable law of the multiverse.

This is one of mine that has Pete and Daniel. http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/356807.html

That's just Pete and Daniel, not Pete/Daniel!
    sig by Isolde

Quote Originally Posted by iiradned View Post
    Is the list limited to canon-interactions between and Pete, or are AU stories allowed as well?
    As long as Pete is in them and interacting with any member of SG1 (but mostly J/S), then they're okay. I know of a few stories where nobody from SG1 is even in the story, and I'm not particularly interested in them. I suppose I could include them, since there may be some folks who are interested in that kind of story.

A lot of the stories I've stumbled across and am including here are not canon anyway, so they don't have to be canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    This is one of mine that has Pete and Daniel. http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/356807.html

That's just Pete and Daniel, not Pete/Daniel!
    Added.

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    As long as Pete is in them and interacting with any member of SG1 (but mostly J/S), then they're okay. I know of a few stories where nobody from SG1 is even in the story, and I'm not particularly interested in them. I suppose I could include them, since there may be some folks who are interested in that kind of story.

A lot of the stories I've stumbled across and am including here are not canon anyway, so they don't have to be canon.
    OK.

Evolution by Denise. A series of stories that tells the Evolution of Sam and Jack from teammates to something more.

No w/o a and no w/o a

Quote Originally Posted by iiradned View Post
    OK.

Added.

What Will the Future Hold by fems: Sam's engagement to Pete Shanahan causes friction between her and the other men in her life, especially between her and a certain General. What happens if a woman from Jack's past shows up? Will their relationship finally change or does Samantha Carter throw it all away for a normal life? S/P, S/J

It's M-rated so here's the link to my FFnet profile or AO3 (which has the story in two parts).
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 8/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories. /

Quote Originally Posted by fems View Post
    What Will the Future Hold by fems: Sam's engagement to Pete Shanahan causes friction between her and the other men in her life, especially between her and a certain General. What happens if a woman from Jack's past shows up? Will their relationship finally change or does Samantha Carter throw it all away for a normal life? S/P, S/J

It's M-rated so here's the link to my FFnet profile or AO3 (which has the story in two parts).
    Added.

Hi,

I've been searching and searching and searching for a fix, but can't find it.

Pete has a brother who recognises Sam for the strong independent woman she is. Sam goes to Denver and visits Pete's family. I'm not sure if it was a holiday (Thanksgiving or Christmas), or just visiting before the wedding. Pete bought them a house in Denver without consulting Sam, and that's when Sam realises for sure that Pete is not the one for her. She breaks it off and returns the ring, but Pete pretends it didn't happen, and then Sam tells his mother what's what.

I only remember that scene, and want to reread the rest of the story.

Please help!

Thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by Dottybunny View Post
    Hi,

I've been searching and searching and searching for a fix, but can't find it.

Pete has a brother who recognises Sam for the strong independent woman she is. Sam goes to Denver and visits Pete's family. I'm not sure if it was a holiday (Thanksgiving or Christmas), or just visiting before the wedding. Pete bought them a house in Denver without consulting Sam, and that's when Sam realises for sure that Pete is not the one for her. She breaks it off and returns the ring, but Pete pretends it didn't happen, and then Sam tells his mother what's what.

I only remember that scene, and want to reread the rest of the story.

Please help!

Thanks in advance..
    The scene is in Chapter 30 of The Secret Life of a Major-General by A.Karswyll.
    Loki's unethical experimentations didn't just include cloning of humans. One such experiment is about to thrust Jack O'Neill's life even deeper into secrecy. 2011 GateFic Awards nominee.
    Another one to add to this list.

The family visit is just before the wedding.

No w/o a and no w/o a

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!

Probie

Mistrust » CHAPTER 9 is up. The Final Chapter! Sam has a secret, that could ultimately cost her, her job, her friends and her life
    https://m.fanfiction.net/s/1779952/1/Mistrust

Diplomatic Immunity » by melora30 Sam makes an eventful decision to save Earth and is forced to pay the price. Slight spoilers for Season 8's Affinity and Endgame. SJ and very slight SamPete.
    https://m.fanfiction.net/s/2442627/1...matic-Immunity

Probie

Not Diplomatic immunity I meant to put:
    Bellerophon by melora30 As Sam and Pete take their relationship to the next step, Jack and Sam must embark on mission to uncover a threat to the SGC. SJ, SP. Spoilers for Seasons 7 and 8.
    https://m.fanfiction.net/s/2537212/1/Bellerophon
    Diplomatic immunity mentions Pete but he doesn't show up. Bellerophon actually has Pete in the story but it is an S/J story.

Chief Master Sergeant canadianfolk's Avatar

The Dreams We Left Behind by Salr323
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/2135820
    The day Sam Carter marries Pete Shanahan is not the worst day of Jack’s life; he’s already lived that day. But that doesn't make it easy.

Retrospective by Salr323
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/1214026
    Sam doesn’t give it a name, this feeling. She doesn’t even think about it much, preferring to glimpse it obliquely from the corner of her eye. It’s a secret delight that she shares with no one, scarcely even herself.

One story in eight parts charting Sam and Jack’s relationship from the start of S1 to the end of S8.

Full Disclosure by Salr323
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/1142831
    She looks at him with that complex expression that’s punctuated their relationship ever since Pete barged onto the scene. The one that looks like a question, or a plea – the one he’s never really understood and has never dared pursue.
    Last edited by canadianfolk; November 8th, 2018 at 06:14 PM.