Stargate Atlantis and STAR TREK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis and STAR TREK

Lately I've been on a STAR TREK watching binge, specifically STAR TREK Deep Space Nine and in particular the Mirror Universe episodes. I loves those and became a huge fan of the DS9 ones when I read an interview Nana Visitor (DS9's Major Kira) in STAR TREK Magazine about how she loved playing such a complete opposite to her regular Kira self.

Anyways, when I was watching the first DS9 Mirror episode, Season 2's "Crossover", and working on my SGA fanfic, my mind wandered a little and I started imagining the Trek characters as Atlantis characters. For some reason my mind put Teyla as Kira, I guess I'd be fascinated to see an Intendant/Dark Mirror Teyla Emmagan, one who embraced her Wraith DNA wholeheartedly and every sociopathic Wraith tendency that comes with it. I also thought of Sisko as Woolsey rather than Sheppard, mostly because I think Mirror Sisko is so totally not non-Mirror Woolsey and it'd be fun and interesting to see how that sort of laughing and manical Woolsey would be to see. In my mind, Garak is Todd the Wraith and Odo is Ronon. "Smiley" O'Brien is Radek "Zebra" Zelenka. Quark is Ladon Radim or perhaps Kolya or maybe even one of the Pegasus Asgard(haven't decided that one yet). The Earth humans are the slaves. Atlantis is Terok Nor. The Klingon/Cardassian Alliance is the Genii/Wraith Alliance and the Bajorans are the Athosians. With something so screwed-up diverse, I think that potential in SGA would be incredibly fascinating. It's certainly been fun watching the episode and putting SGA characters in it in my head. Good Teyla Emmagan encountering Intendant Teyla Emmagan, Holy Cow! How would good Teyla react to seeing herself like that? What would that be like?

If you have the episode, I ask you to watch it and make tell me what you think. Kind of cool huh?
    sigpic

Personally I have always found it easier to link BSG (TOS) and Stargate together.....but that may just be me.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
      Personally I have always found it easier to link BSG (TOS) and Stargate together.....but that may just be me.
      Love Old School Galactica! So who do you think would be Starbuck? My first idea would be Sheppard, but then who's Apollo if he's Starbuck the Playboy? I'm diggin' this.
      sigpic

Comment

Radek for Starbuck...

*ducks all the objects being thrown*
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

Who are the other character equals to you? Is Adama Woolsey, is there a whole who's your Daddy thing that would really confuse the relationship between he and Sheppard if Sheppard is Apollo? Hee hee.
          sigpic

Comment

Must Star Trek be discussed on a stargate forum? I know ST has a lot of followers but its pretty cheesy in many respects.

Stargate was pretty hardcore compared to ST and a lot better as we had to watch ourselves build up bit by bit and gather new tools and technologies along the way. It was also very mysterious and had many "what" questions that kept us all glued to it as we wanted to learn the answers to things like "who built the stargates?"

So ST had warp speed and transporters.. rather boring in comparison really!

As for BSG, I watched the lengthy (and boring) film around 6 years ago and it really didn't do anything for me. I loved the 80's BSG nbut the new film just did nothing for me.

Comment

Then why are you posting on a thread about this idea, if you don't like it? It's kind of like watching a TV show you don't like and complaining about it while you're watching. Just change the channel.

The two series had two different motivations. ST was about showing people where they could go with their progress both in tech and society. SG wasn't. Anyways, this thread wasn't about discussing the deeper meanings of either shows. It's superficial and having fun putting people in things that might be funny situations like when the "200" episode of SG-1. They had a fun spoof of ST in that one inwhich Cam is Kirk, Sam is Uhura, and Brad Wright was Scotty. There wasn't any deep exploration there either, just fun. Like this thread is supposed to be.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X