I have watched this 10+ times and I am watching it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have watched this 10+ times and I am watching it again

I would guess I have watched FarScape 10 times now and I still like it.

I do skip a few episodes that are dumb and have no bearing to the main story line but I am at the last DVD of Season 3 right now as the remaining Crichton heads off to the Command Carrier.

The only show I have watched more would be Firefly but then that is but one season

I am kind of surprised I have not grown tired of this series. If I wait about 2 years i will watch it again.

Didn't want to read the hole disappointed with FarScape thread so just made my own point with this one. There are a few things they did poorly but all in all for someone who rarely watches any movie twice they had to do a lot right for me to want to keep watching it

Wulfmann

Farscape is certainly one of my favorites. Just out of interest, which episodes do you usually skip? Normally I never skip any episodes, because even if I didn't like it the first time, I might get something out of it on a subsequent rewatch, although I'd be tempted to make an exception with Scratch n' Sniff...
    sigpic

Comment

I've seen bits and pieces of Farscape, but not the whole series. Maybe it's time I did so.

My SG1 and SGA DVDs ought to be worn out by now, considering how many times I've watched both of those series. I'll still watch them more times, but maybe it's time to start watching other series.

Comment

Farscape's a great way to start. Especially if you like Cam on SG-1, although Crichton's a much more easygoing character.
        sigpic

Comment

I have watched Farscape in its entirety more times than I could even keep track of. It is one of those rare shows that, IMO, never gets old.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I just watched The Peacekeeper Wars last week, and because of that I ordered the full set of discs for the series.

Comment

First time back since I posted this.
              I forget the titles but as I said no bearing on the story line like the one with the creepy little guy that wants "More Light" or the one with the little thing that finds the bugs and humps Aeryn. I have watched it so many times now I just want to see the story line and I know there is always one or two little things in these odd episodes but ironically they are mentioned in the "Previously on FarScape" in the next episode

I have watched SG1 3 times and SGA 4 times, twice for SGU.
              24 I have watched once and not sure if I can watch it again.
              BSG 3 times and it is my favorite (With Firefly) but it is so intense I have to take at least a year before I can see it again; 18-24months even better

Wulfmann

Comment

Funny that you're skipping a signature episode like "Crackers Don't Matter" - in my opinion, it's one of the best Farscape episodes and the best comedy they ever did. I think "Crackers DO matter" was one of the Save Farscape campaign slogans.
                That said, tastes can differ and that's okay. After I finished watching Farscape for the first time and hit the Internet in search of more info and other fans, some of the opinions on the Terra Firma forum literally astonished me but that was an invaluable lesson in tolerance and broad-mindedness. All those points of view I'd never thought of myself and the desire to discover details I might have missed the previous times would not let me skip an episode when I do a full rewatch. I've even planned to pay more attention to episodes I didn't particularly like the first three times ("Eat Me", "Mental as Anything", etc.)
                Hedwig, I have a friend who watched PKW first because he thought that's how the series started Personally, I always try to imagine I have to wait 19 months for it when I watch Bad Timing. (I can't really imagine not knowing whether there will be more Farscape no matter how hard I try.)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfmann View Post
                  I would guess I have watched FarScape 10 times now and I still like it.

I do skip a few episodes that are dumb and have no bearing to the main story line but I am at the last DVD of Season 3 right now as the remaining Crichton heads off to the Command Carrier.

The only show I have watched more would be Firefly but then that is but one season

I am kind of surprised I have not grown tired of this series. If I wait about 2 years i will watch it again.

Didn't want to read the hole disappointed with FarScape thread so just made my own point with this one. There are a few things they did poorly but all in all for someone who rarely watches any movie twice they had to do a lot right for me to want to keep watching it

Wulfmann
                  Don't avoid the "Disappointed So Far" thread. We've made some converts over there! Let's face it, season 1 can be hard to get through. I myself did not catch Farscape during it's original run when it would have been easier to watch an episode and then next week, watch another. So anyone new to the series probably sits down to consume multiple episodes in one sitting. Back when I was a newbie, I enjoyed the very first episode, but after that the stories went from boring to ridiculous looking puppets. I actually removed Farscape from my Netflix lineup. Then, once I had nothing else to watch about 6 months later, I went back to it. Pushed through the last half of season 1, enjoyed the last episode with the innocent bone eating character (endured the scientist creature with the mouth and twigs on the side of it's face), but then second season - WOW!

So there's good discussion in that "disappointed" thread (sans spoilers) for what makes Farscape great and worth watching it from the beginning.
                  sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Farscape has always been one of my absolute favourites. I haven't seen it in awhile, but I bet I'll go all "how come I forgot it was so great" when I see it.

Most people seem to dislike "Eat Me", but I actually enjoyed it a lot, it got the story moving, it had the Farscape weird-psycho-awesome thing in it that makes the best episodes and I just like the idea of "twinning".
                    My favourite was the "Liars, Guns and Money" trilogy + "Die Me, Dichotomy". It showed everything great about Farscape in four episodes.
                    I could go on like this for AWHILE, but I'll just say that the "John episodes" were the best and brightest.

As for characters, I definitely liked Crichton when he had this explorer quality about him if you know what I mean. His sanity unraveling in season 2 was a feast for a psycho-loving viewer such as myself. Unfortunately, around season 3 or 4 he became very irritating, obsessive and unreasonable. I understand it was a reaction to everything he'd been through but I just started to get a bit annoyed the 50th time he was whining about protecting/saving/fighting/proving something to/pleading with/looking for Aeryn.
                    As for Scorpius, well he was just plain badass. Until he stopped being a villain. Him working for the good guys just didn't work. The only exception to this was the ep where he and John teamed up against pirates, that was fun. A big pity that more eps like that didn't happen.

In fact, now that I think about it, everything just started to go downfall in SEASON FOUR. John became obsessive about Aeryn(I had a breath of relief when he just walked past her in "John Quixote"), Aeryn became obsessive about John, D'Argo went from a cool warrior to un-comic relief, Chiana and Rygel sort of disappeared, Sikozu was pure annoyance, Scorpius just sat in his cell and the plots were comparable to Episode I of Star Wars. The only fun I ever got out of season 4 was "Crichton Kicks", "John Quixote" and the one with the pirates.
                    Last edited by rushy; 25 May 2013, 11:29 AM.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Haha, Rushy. You and I love Farscape for exact opposite reasons. I absolutely hated the Don Quiote episode. But I must agree about Liars, Guns, and Money as Zahn was totally badaz* in that. The John/Aeryn thing I loved always. And I preferred funny whiny Jewel over supposedly intriguing Sucozu anyday. Scorpius was great in whatever form he was presented - totally evil or in shades of gray. And let's not forget the fierce Kurza (phonetically spelled).

Farscape never made sense sci-fi wise and they would sacrifice story continuity in favor of making an episode grander. I would not tolerate that from any other sci-fi show as logic takes precedence. But with FarscapE, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FUN!

I think it's pretty aweome that viewers can love the show for completely opposite reasons. Oh, and while "Eat Me" is weird, dark, uncomfortable nd I didn't care or it - I loved what it set in motion.
                      sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

It's been 3 years or so and sufficient time enough to forget enough to have another go at Farscape. I just started again and I'm really happy that I waited through the last urge I had to re-watch. It seems like every time through I find different qualities in the show to appreciate.

This time I'm seeing and appreciating the expertise that the creators and writers showed with the first 15 episodes. So many shows have such a difficult time introducing the viewer to a show's world. Farscape excelled in development Before, shall I say, the hell breaks loose, the mostly stand-a-lone episodes are really amazing. I'm impressed all over again.

Anybody else ever think about how different this series would have turned out if they had to cut the episodes to 42 minutes? Those extra 7 or 8 minutes made a huge difference.

Comment

When i first started watching Farscape, i hated it and only watched cos' my sister made me, then it had me and never let go.
                          When it was on here in Australia episodes were shown out of order, massive breaks, time changes and at one stage i would get up at like 3am because thats when it was on.
                          Now I've watched my DVD's more times than I'd care to admit and forced several friends into the weird world of Farscape.
                          Every time i delve back into the eps i get something different from it than i did the time before, i saw and understood things in a very different way as a teenager than i do now as an adult.
                          To me Farscape is a beautiful, fun, irreverent thing that i'll never get tired of

Comment

I actually found Farscape because of Sg1. So I watched it once through then PKW. It may be time for a re-watch.
                            SG1 I've watched through twice as we'll as SGA twice. Now I watch a few episodes here and there.
                            sigpic
                            Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

It's funny, isn't it?, because it'so true. I frankly love the comedy because it's how they grow character development without getting too into boring melodrama the way other shows seem to do. It is clever use of writing imo. Farscape is one of my all time favourites, like Stargate and Dr. Who for that very reason.
                              StarshineRoxie
                              A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X