Firefly - for Rewatch/First view- Current Ep "Shindig"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by min min light View Post
    I will confess that when it looked like everybody had forgotten about this I went ahead and watched all the episodes, and I see now why this is so beloved. I'm looking forward to watching them all again.
    Well, there aren't that many episodes to begin with... I think people have indeed forgotten about this. I haven't had the time, unfortunately so I'm a little bit later to the game.

But since you've seen them all, there's nothing stopping me from continuing with The Trainjob today.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The Train Job

"Sir, I think you have a problem with your brain being missing."

This episode has some of the best one-liners ever. And of course, it's the first episode where we meer Mr. Niska who will cause more trouble in our big damn heroes' future. He's a creep, btw. He gives me the heeby-jeebies.

It's also the episode that shows us our big damn heroes are thieves with a conscious. They sure are trying to do the right thing by everyone.

"Two by two, hands of blue!"

More background on the alliance. Also, as a sidenote: the alliance feds wear starship trooper uniforms - recycled costumes. A friend of mine has one and they look super sweet (except he's wearing it as a starship trooper cause he's not seen Firefly).

When I first saw Firefly, this was the episode that my friend showed me. However, I wasn't sold on it... and fair to say I didn't actually like it all that much but my curiosity was peaked nonetheless so I started watching in the right order... Serenity first and that did get me hooked.

Comment

Bushwacked

Reaver-time!

OMGoddess, I totally forgot how this one went down again. I knew Reavers were involved but I totally forgot about the finer details.

The interviews are just way too hilarious. Kaylee calling the Alliance-vessel junk. Wash talking about what he likes about Zoë while she said they were private people. Jayne just staring ahead annoyed.

Alliance guy was a little uptight and should loosen up. I bet he hated to be wrong about the Reavers. At least he now knows they aren't just a myth.

River's face when she's staring into space, while Simon's probably thinking about all that nothing.

I love how they are playing that game at the start. Shows how they are more like a tight family than a crew or friends. They are so awesome.
        Last edited by Falcon Horus; 26 May 2013, 01:54 PM. Reason: Watched the episode!

Comment

I have fallen behind on my rewatching-rewatch -- let me catch up before you do more!
          sigpic

Comment

I have fallen behind on my rewatching-rewatch -- let me catch up before you do more!
            I've decided on a episode every 3 days... so I won't watch the next one until thursday at the earliest.

Comment

I've been tied up in my cousin's final paper... every day we spent like 2 to 3 hours on Skype in the evening, brainstorming, designing, laughing (to keep spirits up)... but that's finally over so on with the next episode... Yes sir, Captain Tightpants!

Now watching -- Shindig

Comment

No problem at all, I've fallen behind myself and I probably won't catch up until Wednesday.
                sigpic

Comment

OMGoddess - Shindig has to be my favorite episode of all... so many great moments and lines. Kaylee being all funny and so darn CUTE!! I love her so much...

Captain Tightpants to the rescue. Honors being defended left, right and center. Kaylee impressing those guys about engines. The strawberry's... and the rest of crew on the ship. Badger's back. And the cows in the hold.

So much brilliance in one episode... it's a real shame Fox screwed this over.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    The Train Job

When I first saw Firefly, this was the episode that my friend showed me. However, I wasn't sold on it... and fair to say I didn't actually like it all that much but my curiosity was peaked nonetheless so I started watching in the right order... Serenity first and that did get me hooked.
                    This was the original pilot, right? Because that might explain why I never latched onto it - at that point in time, I wasn't crazy about Western-themed sci-fi episodes, let alone entire shows. (Now I'll take just about any sci-fi I can get.) I was glad they returned the medicine and it wasn't going to be a show about heartless people learning to have a conscience.

Bushwacked

I love how they are playing that game at the start. Shows how they are more like a tight family than a crew or friends. They are so awesome.
                    Truly! I love that scene so much - it's the kind of scene that makes me wish I were a part of the gang, which is usually enough to hook me on a show all by itself.
                    sigpic

Comment

This was the original pilot, right? Because that might explain why I never latched onto it - at that point in time, I wasn't crazy about Western-themed sci-fi episodes, let alone entire shows.
                      Yup, Fox decided this was a "better" start to the series than the actual pilot Serenity. Whoever at Fox decided that should have been tossed out of an airlock.

Truly! I love that scene so much - it's the kind of scene that makes me wish I were a part of the gang, which is usually enough to hook me on a show all by itself.
                      I totally second that.

Comment

I'm about watch Safe...

Comment

Completely forgotten what this one was about... but definitely love it again.

River dancing -- one of my all-time favorite scenes. Almost makes me wish I could have seen Summer do some ballet (other than that Angel episode where she danced parts of Giselle).

Zac Efron as young Simon -- totally forgotten about that little point.

Young Simon and River are cute to watch. Dinosaurs were involved, LOL! However, their parents... what the heck?! Did they know what they had done to River? Were they being paid to shut up or did they get status in return the way his father ranted when he went to pick up older Simon at the police station. It was like they didn't care for River. Something not right there...

Too bad we never find out about Book's past... it's intriguing nevertheless. Mal and Zoe's faces were priceless.

And then they have to go and save the Tams from that backwater bible-thumping group of settlers. Aw, Simon choosing to stand (and possibly die) with his sister. You just wanna hug them both, after you slapped him senseless for being rude in the shop and pretty much calling Kaylee's precious Serenity a piece of junk. Nice one, Simon! Idiot!

Comment

Just finished my rewatch the finale is my fav episode. Wow I wish this show lasted longer
                            sigpic
                            Kenton Canada

Comment

I rewatched it with my sister... and we had a blast. We ended with Serenity (the film) and then the bloopers cause they are high-larious.

Comment

Too bad we never find out about Book's past... it's intriguing nevertheless. Mal and Zoe's faces were priceless.
                                They cover his past in the comic "The Shepherd's Tale". Good read, I highly recommend it.

Comment

Working...
                                X