Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

TV Firefly - for Rewatch/First view- Current Ep "Shindig"

Time for a Rewatch/First Watch ,all interested Browncoats old and new.

One ep at a time in DVD/GW order : spoiler tagging anything beyond the ep under current discussion will likely be the best way to do this.

Ep 1 : "Serenity"

*Full ep discussion can go in here because it aired as a special,but in the official threads Part 1 just covers up to the point where the crew make a particularly important discovery.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: Firefly - Rewatch/First viewing (Spoiler tags req to help our first-timers!)

How much time is there between the watching of two episodes?
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Default Re: Firefly - Rewatch/First viewing (Spoiler tags req to help our first-timers!)

How long do you think's fair? 2 or 3 days ? A week?

I might not be the best person to ask that question to at the moment... I'm currently unemployed so I have time enough to watch them all at once.

3 days seems like a good window of time though.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

I can usually force myself to stop at one episode these days,but when I first bought the set I got through all the eps and features well within 2 days.

For anyone trying to find the Series on rental/legal streams : Hulu is free and Amazon US charge £1.99 per ep.US iTunes wouldn't let me see their Library,probably because my IP is based in the UK.

Cool, thank you! And it's still streaming on Netflix too (U.S. anyway). If you don't have it, it's just $8 for a month of unlimited streaming.

I will watch firefly but after I finished my Buffy and Angel rewatch

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Watched this last year so it's a bit early for a rewatch for me. How about editing the title to "Now discussing ep X ("Serenity") and change every time the discussed episode changes?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by maneth View Post
    WHow about editing the title to "Now discussing ep X ("Serenity") and change every time the discussed episode changes?
    That would be really helpful.

We have the series and movie. Which is first?

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

Default Re: Firefly - for Rewatch/First view- Current Ep "Serenity"

Quote Originally Posted by maneth View Post
    How about editing the title to "Now discussing ep X ("Serenity") and change every time the discussed episode changes?
    Quote Originally Posted by min min light View Post
    That would be really helpful.
    Done.
    In cases where the ep title's too long,I'll just edit,abridge it and put in the Ep number.

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue9 View Post
    We have the series and movie. Which is first?
    The Series.

watched this ep about 2 days ago, when i first saw it i was reeled in from the first 5 minutes
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Serenity

(Obviously, spoilers re this episode.)

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that, so much that it's taking a lot of willpower to not immediately watch the next one right now. I have no idea why I didn't watch this when it was broadcast live. Does anybody remember what its competition was?

It's a little weird seeing all the names I've heard so often over the years get matched up with people - kind of like going to someone else's class reunion. "Oh, so that's Jayne, I thought he'd be taller and, for some reason, wearing a hat." And I expect I'll finally get some context for a lot of the phrases I see people use all the time, like "curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Anyway, these are my random observations:

- Nathan Fillion looks so young, much more than just ten years younger. Not that he looks old now, but comparatively he's just a baby in Firefly.

- I love the look of it - all the rich glowing earth tones.

- I thought the preacher was going to be the mole. I also thought he was going to request Imara's services when he brought her dinner. I don't know why - maybe because sci-fi has a habit of poking fun at religion.

- He shot a horse ... noooo! Never hurt the animals!

- Mal fooled me too with his Kaylee ploy, but in my defense I have come to expect that kind of thing from Joss Whedon

Finally got around to watching Serenity and OMGoddess I completely forgot how much I enjoyed watching Firefly. I LOVE - LOVE - LOVE - ... - LOVE this show so much.

I've watched the entire episode since it's one episode on the DVD's, and I simply don't want to have to deal with cliffhangers even if I know what's coming.

Anyhow...

Serenity is a good set-up for the rest of the story. We are introduced to the characters, the different factions, the who's and what's... even though those are more revealed throughout the rest of the episodes and the film.

Best moment in episode one - Kaylee making love to a strawberry. That is by far the sexiest way I've ever seen anyone eat a strawberry.

I will confess that when it looked like everybody had forgotten about this I went ahead and watched all the episodes, and I see now why this is so beloved. I'm looking forward to watching them all again.

I will confess that when it looked like everybody had forgotten about this I went ahead and watched all the episodes, and I see now why this is so beloved. I'm looking forward to watching them all again.
    Well, there aren't that many episodes to begin with... I think people have indeed forgotten about this. I haven't had the time, unfortunately so I'm a little bit later to the game.

But since you've seen them all, there's nothing stopping me from continuing with The Trainjob today.

The Train Job

"Sir, I think you have a problem with your brain being missing."

This episode has some of the best one-liners ever. And of course, it's the first episode where we meer Mr. Niska who will cause more trouble in our big damn heroes' future. He's a creep, btw. He gives me the heeby-jeebies.

It's also the episode that shows us our big damn heroes are thieves with a conscious. They sure are trying to do the right thing by everyone.

"Two by two, hands of blue!"

More background on the alliance. Also, as a sidenote: the alliance feds wear starship trooper uniforms - recycled costumes. A friend of mine has one and they look super sweet (except he's wearing it as a starship trooper cause he's not seen Firefly).

When I first saw Firefly, this was the episode that my friend showed me. However, I wasn't sold on it... and fair to say I didn't actually like it all that much but my curiosity was peaked nonetheless so I started watching in the right order... Serenity first and that did get me hooked.

Default Re: Firefly - for Rewatch/First view- Current Ep "The Train Job"

Bushwacked

Reaver-time!

OMGoddess, I totally forgot how this one went down again. I knew Reavers were involved but I totally forgot about the finer details.

The interviews are just way too hilarious. Kaylee calling the Alliance-vessel junk. Wash talking about what he likes about Zoë while she said they were private people. Jayne just staring ahead annoyed.

Alliance guy was a little uptight and should loosen up. I bet he hated to be wrong about the Reavers. At least he now knows they aren't just a myth.

River's face when she's staring into space, while Simon's probably thinking about all that nothing.

I love how they are playing that game at the start. Shows how they are more like a tight family than a crew or friends. They are so awesome.
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; May 26th, 2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Watched the episode!

Default Re: Firefly - for Rewatch/First view- Current Ep "Bushwacked"

I have fallen behind on my rewatching-rewatch -- let me catch up before you do more!

Default Re: Firefly - for Rewatch/First view- Current Ep "Bushwacked"

I have fallen behind on my rewatching-rewatch -- let me catch up before you do more!
    I've decided on a episode every 3 days... so I won't watch the next one until thursday at the earliest.