Firefly - for Rewatch/First view- Current Ep "Shindig"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefly - for Rewatch/First view- Current Ep "Shindig"

Time for a Rewatch/First Watch ,all interested Browncoats old and new.

One ep at a time in DVD/GW order : spoiler tagging anything beyond the ep under current discussion will likely be the best way to do this.

Ep 1 : "Serenity"

*Full ep discussion can go in here because it aired as a special,but in the official threads Part 1 just covers up to the point where the crew make a particularly important discovery.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

How much time is there between the watching of two episodes?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

How long do you think's fair? 2 or 3 days ? A week?

Comment

I might not be the best person to ask that question to at the moment... I'm currently unemployed so I have time enough to watch them all at once.

3 days seems like a good window of time though.

Comment

I can usually force myself to stop at one episode these days,but when I first bought the set I got through all the eps and features well within 2 days.

For anyone trying to find the Series on rental/legal streams : Hulu is free and Amazon US charge £1.99 per ep.US iTunes wouldn't let me see their Library,probably because my IP is based in the UK.

Comment

Cool, thank you! And it's still streaming on Netflix too (U.S. anyway). If you don't have it, it's just $8 for a month of unlimited streaming.
            sigpic

Comment

I will watch firefly but after I finished my Buffy and Angel rewatch
              sigpic

Comment

Watched this last year so it's a bit early for a rewatch for me. How about editing the title to "Now discussing ep X ("Serenity") and change every time the discussed episode changes?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  WHow about editing the title to "Now discussing ep X ("Serenity") and change every time the discussed episode changes?
                  That would be really helpful.
                  sigpic

Comment

We have the series and movie. Which is first?

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                      <snipped> How about editing the title to "Now discussing ep X ("Serenity") and change every time the discussed episode changes?
                      Originally posted by min min light View Post
                      That would be really helpful.
                      Done.
                      In cases where the ep title's too long,I'll just edit,abridge it and put in the Ep number.

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                      We have the series and movie. Which is first?
                      The Series.

Comment

watched this ep about 2 days ago, when i first saw it i was reeled in from the first 5 minutes
                        sigpic
                        Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Serenity

(Obviously, spoilers re this episode.)

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that, so much that it's taking a lot of willpower to not immediately watch the next one right now. I have no idea why I didn't watch this when it was broadcast live. Does anybody remember what its competition was?

It's a little weird seeing all the names I've heard so often over the years get matched up with people - kind of like going to someone else's class reunion. "Oh, so that's Jayne, I thought he'd be taller and, for some reason, wearing a hat." And I expect I'll finally get some context for a lot of the phrases I see people use all the time, like "curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

Anyway, these are my random observations:

- Nathan Fillion looks so young, much more than just ten years younger. Not that he looks old now, but comparatively he's just a baby in Firefly.

- I love the look of it - all the rich glowing earth tones.

- I thought the preacher was going to be the mole. I also thought he was going to request Imara's services when he brought her dinner. I don't know why - maybe because sci-fi has a habit of poking fun at religion.

- He shot a horse ... noooo! Never hurt the animals!

- Mal fooled me too with his Kaylee ploy, but in my defense I have come to expect that kind of thing from Joss Whedon
                          sigpic

Comment

Finally got around to watching Serenity and OMGoddess I completely forgot how much I enjoyed watching Firefly. I LOVE - LOVE - LOVE - ... - LOVE this show so much.

I've watched the entire episode since it's one episode on the DVD's, and I simply don't want to have to deal with cliffhangers even if I know what's coming.

Anyhow...

Serenity is a good set-up for the rest of the story. We are introduced to the characters, the different factions, the who's and what's... even though those are more revealed throughout the rest of the episodes and the film.

Best moment in episode one - Kaylee making love to a strawberry. That is by far the sexiest way I've ever seen anyone eat a strawberry.

Comment

I will confess that when it looked like everybody had forgotten about this I went ahead and watched all the episodes, and I see now why this is so beloved. I'm looking forward to watching them all again.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X