The Name of the Doctor (3314/714)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by min min light View Post
    And that reminded me of what the reveal of his name could possible be that would be a shock, so now I wonder - maybe it's another piece of semantics, like "(in) the name of the doctor" and "the fall of the 11th" (the Tardis literally falls, or 11 is the date - take your pick). I hope not, because I hate these just-semantics mysteries.
    His name might well be "bloodwind"

Your post just made that pop into my head.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Did anyone notice this?

From the episode "Journey to the centre of the TARDIS" very similar to those other cracks in season 5

Comment

I've seen at least one other thread somewhere spotting it. But, if they needed an excuse for him to be able to pass the BFB back to himself, how many ways are there for the graphics people to draw "a crack"?

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
          I've seen at least one other thread somewhere spotting it. But, if they needed an excuse for him to be able to pass the BFB back to himself, how many ways are there for the graphics people to draw "a crack"?

Yeah I know...... I was just thinking out loud, wondering "what if?"

Comment

Two words had me in tears.

"Goodbye Sweetie"

*sniffs*
            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Woh, you lot have been buissy last night. Interesting speculations there. But did it occur to anyone but me, that this Hurt-Doctor (verry speaking name, indeed) might not be just one speciffic regeneration but rather a part rom his charakter, this soul if you like. It could still be connected with a specific incident, like the Time War or something yet to happen, a part of his "soul" which comes to the surface because somthing forces the worst of him to show up. Or it is something ling deep inside, growing with all the blood he's shedding over the years, by saving others. That is something I like of this show. The goodnes of the doctor never stays unquestiond, that it is looking at him from the other side, not from the side we stay at, the so called "good side", the humeans and all the other (more or less) innocent populations/species but from the point of view of his enemys (dalecs, cybermen...), like the G.I. pointetd out.
              But all the same, this secret, hidden Doctor goes well with my theorie that the dangours thing about the Question "doctor who?" is not his real name, the name some parents gave a child a long long time ago, but who he realy IS inside and what happens if he (or maybe only others) starts to question himself/who he is, if he is the good man (the good god) or is he rather dangerous (not only to his enemys but to everybody and the whole universe. SO than this might have been THE visit to transalore, and his fall has just started but isn't finished yet.

Only speculating here. Anyway: November is going to be very interesting.

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
              Two words had me in tears.

"Goodbye Sweetie"

*sniffs*
              I was in tears longe minutes before these words.
              Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

I wonder why the Doctor takes responsibility for the actions of the Hurt-Doctor when his existence has been suppressed by his other incarnations.

He said the Hurt-Doctor was him but not the Doctor, but if what the Doctor was admitting to was done by the HurDoc that betrayed the name choice of Doctor and even the Doctor said it wasnt him and they keep him buried, then admitting his actions as his own is like saying its him that did it but he is the Doctor and those actions are not something the Doctor would do.

Good luck lol

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                  I wonder why the Doctor takes responsibility for the actions of the Hurt-Doctor when his existence has been suppressed by his other incarnations.

He said the Hurt-Doctor was him but not the Doctor, but if what the Doctor was admitting to was done by the HurDoc that betrayed the name choice of Doctor and even the Doctor said it wasnt him and they keep him buried, then admitting his actions as his own is like saying its him that did it but he is the Doctor and those actions are not something the Doctor would do.

Good luck lol

N.C
                  Someone help be unknot my brain, please?
                  Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

I think it might come down to this: a lot of people know the Doctor was responsible for ending the Time War, so he won't refute that and even actively admits that he was responsible. In general terms, he possibly doesn't have a problem with this going by some of the things Nine, Ten and Eleven have said.

But - as far as I'm aware he has never said how he ended the war. I think that's the point - that he ended the war is not in doubt and is not the secret, but precisely what he did to end it is never discussed, was immediately suppressed and was enough to justify burying the Hurt Doctor's very existence and stripping him of the title.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                      I think it might come down to this: a lot of people know the Doctor was responsible for ending the Time War, so he won't refute that and even actively admits that he was responsible. In general terms, he possibly doesn't have a problem with this going by some of the things Nine, Ten and Eleven have said.

But - as far as I'm aware he has never said how he ended the war. I think that's the point - that he ended the war is not in doubt and is not the secret, but precisely what he did to end it is never discussed, was immediately suppressed and was enough to justify burying the Hurt Doctor's very existence and stripping him of the title.

Which is rather silly considering that person is the same person ...... Regeneration might be the only acceptable way to have multiple personality disorder ..... Seems very disordered to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post

Wasn't it said in "Jurneys end" that they where rather trapt in the Time void ore something like that? So that they somewho are not dead but "just" banned from the universe/reality which is as good as dead (but which was teh reason for the TL to be able to retur with the help of teh Master and this White-point star) (- something which reminded me very hard of the slow-time envolope-thing and the planet Kricket in Adam's H2G2, by the way). And yes, I might have mixed up some details here.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
                          Wasn't it said in "Jurneys end" that they where rather trapt in the Time void ore something like that? So that they somewho are not dead but "just" banned from the universe/reality which is as good as dead (but which was teh reason for the TL to be able to retur with the help of teh Master and this White-point star) (- something which reminded me very hard of the slow-time envolope-thing and the planet Kricket in Adam's H2G2, by the way). And yes, I might have mixed up some details here.
                          My understanding of it is that they are trapped at the moment of the planets destruction. The planet is burning. The events in "The End of Time" which showed their brief return was a plan put into action by Rassilon as a last ditch effort to save the planet. But in the end it failed and now the Timelords are again locked at the moment of destruction.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Ah, ok. Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

Wait.. When the Doctor was Not the Doctor...could he be ...Merlin?
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

At the end, I was expecting Cumberbatch to turn round.. the profile even looked like him

Comment

Working...
                                X