• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Name of the Doctor (3314/714)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SERIES 33
    THE NAME OF THE DOCTOR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3314 (714)
    An old enemy manipulates the Doctor by abducting his friends, luring him to the one place he must never go -- and drawing Clara into the Doctor's own past.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 21 May 2013, 03:03 PM.

Brilliant episode!
    But how the hell does the ending work?????
    Such a great story, and so Clara is just an ordinary girl...
    Definately need to watch this again to get my head round some stuff and gather thoughts...

Comment

ehhhh what just happened!!!! i think ive had a heart attack!
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

OH. MY. GOD. The teaser alone just about makes up for every weak episode this season.

Strax is Glaswegian... THIS EXPLAINS SO MUCH. I know somebody who will be very pleased to learn this...

The OTHER psychic paper.

"The little... daleks"

"If you are a time traveller there is one place you must never go" and "The Doctor has a secret that he will take to his grave. It is discovered" Wow. That was a creepy, hairs standing up twist.

TARDIS falls from orbit with every system off, sustains nothing more than a cracked window. I LOVE this ship.

Strax seems to be more back to his usual self. I approve.

Is the GI talking about... the Valeyard? ARGH! HE SAID IT!

Yowzer... nice touch. He said he'd never say it again, but then the Doctor always lies.

"Do not divulge our military secrets!"

Please tell me Strax comes back...

Wow. Wow. Just... wow.
        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
        sigpic
        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

You just said it Sealurk... just wow!!

Amazing episode.

But I really need to watch it again because I didn't catch everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Brilliant episode!
            But how the hell does the ending work?????
            Such a great story, and so Clara is just an ordinary girl...
            Definately need to watch this again to get my head round some stuff and gather thoughts...
            Definatly a FMH episode
            ----------------------------
            You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Wow indeed! I have to watch it all again too, to find all the things I missed.
              sigpic

Comment

This is the best ep of season 7 and the only ep ive cried in lol! (i count the 1st half of season 7 as 6.5).
                "You don't know half of it".
                Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

muh...geh...br...zzp...qu

Loved it. More later...

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Ok... I feel the need to quote my own initial thoughts as written in my Facebook status about 45 seconds after the episode ended:

Originally posted by Iain Bennett's Facebook Status
                    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! DOCTOR WHO EPIC LOVE WIN ZOMG AWESOMENESS AMAZABALLS COHERENTLESS RAMBLING BEST DAY OF MY LIFE EVAH TOTALLY FRAKKIN AWESOME SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

DOCTOR WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

So, was this episode actually leaked or just news, as I just did a search, and couldnt find anything really related to this episode...
                      Also, seems the apparent leaked 50th Anniversary synopsis was wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        muh...geh...br...zzp...qu

Loved it. More later...
                        Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                        Ok... I feel the need to quote my own initial thoughts as written in my Facebook status about 45 seconds after the episode ended: Originally Posted by Iain Bennett
                        OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! DOCTOR WHO EPIC LOVE WIN ZOMG AWESOMENESS AMAZABALLS COHERENTLESS RAMBLING BEST DAY OF MY LIFE EVAH TOTALLY FRAKKIN AWESOME SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

DOCTOR WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
                        Gentlemen, I couldn't have put it better myself.

Mr Moffatt - for this episode (and several others), and for the genius that I now know we'll be witnessing in the 50th Anniversary, you sir, should be made a sir. Sir The Moff - has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

The inclusion of some of Murray Gold's older music, particularly that utterly beautiful Gallifrey theme, just rounded out a superb episode. Every misstep this season is forgiven because this episode was just so, so worth the wait.

One thing I forgot to add (I'm already rewatching it)... Matt Smith's acting when the Doctor first finds out he has to go to Trenzalore from Clara got me a little choked up. Bravo to you, Matt. No joking, no hyperbole... that was just utterly beautiful, heartfelt acting that really got to me, and that doesn't often happen. This is why he's my favourite Doctor.

Sadly the ending was slightly spoiled for me by a somewhat negligent and oblivious (but admittedly not malicious) person, but it was still fantastic. This episode was just brilliant, as much a love letter to Who fans as a series finale.

27.3 out of 10, at least.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Valeyard

other than that.... meh... and finally WHAT?!
                          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Television gold. Standing ovation to Moffat and the cast and crew. What a tremendous piece of television.
                            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

1. Took a while before the Doctor showed up.

2. What we got was creepy from the start though.

3. Giant TARDIS...no wonder the TARDIS didn't like the idea.

4. Very cool FX with the older Doctors.

5. So 21st century Clara is the original.

Very creepy and very cool!
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X