Stargate Program revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Program revealed

Would an SG1 movie about the Stargate program being revealed to the public work?

And would you like to see a movie about that?
    sigpic

That is in fact the plot for the third SG-1 movie that will sadly not be made. I think it would be a great idea for a movie and I'd be interested to see how it would work. With all of the troubles currently going on in the world, it would be interesting to see if this would bring the world together (like the first warp flight and subsequent first contact with the Vulcans in STAR TREK First Contact) or tear it even further part? And how would the characters of SG-1 react to it personally? Would everyone be okay with the reveal or would they have problems with it?

I'm not sure Daniel would be okay with it. While the program's reveal would definitively prove his theories about the pyramids and aliens right and be a big single finger salute to the members of the archeology community that made fun of him and shunned him, he knows personally that the US still doesn't work too well with Russia (i.e. Jack's lingering Cold War issues) and that program has problems with US privatized infringement like the Trust. How many other Trusts would suddenly pop globally? One was more than enough of a pain in the butt.

Maybe Sam would be okay with it. She had always dreamed of being an astronaut and she always had problems hiding what she really did from the people she loves like her brother and her father before he became a Tok'ra or Pete before Osiris dragged him in too.

Then there's Teal'c and Vala. Real illegal aliens. How would people that have met them react? There's enough issues with illegal immgration from one country to America, what about from another planet to Earth?!

Over all, I think the movie would work but it would most likely be a predominantly character-driven story. I'm not sure what action there would be unless some sort of trite terrorist bombing plot thing suddenly happened. (And I've had enough of those in real life, I don't need to see them on Stargate. Boston Strong Baby!)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.UrsulaKenmore View Post
      That is in fact the plot for the third SG-1 movie that will sadly not be made. I think it would be a great idea for a movie and I'd be interested to see how it would work. With all of the troubles currently going on in the world, it would be interesting to see if this would bring the world together (like the first warp flight and subsequent first contact with the Vulcans in STAR TREK First Contact) or tear it even further part? And how would the characters of SG-1 react to it personally? Would everyone be okay with the reveal or would they have problems with it?

I'm not sure Daniel would be okay with it. While the program's reveal would definitively prove his theories about the pyramids and aliens right and be a big single finger salute to the members of the archeology community that made fun of him and shunned him, he knows personally that the US still doesn't work too well with Russia (i.e. Jack's lingering Cold War issues) and that program has problems with US privatized infringement like the Trust. How many other Trusts would suddenly pop globally? One was more than enough of a pain in the butt.

Maybe Sam would be okay with it. She had always dreamed of being an astronaut and she always had problems hiding what she really did from the people she loves like her brother and her father before he became a Tok'ra or Pete before Osiris dragged him in too.

Then there's Teal'c and Vala. Real illegal aliens. How would people that have met them react? There's enough issues with illegal immgration from one country to America, what about from another planet to Earth?!

Over all, I think the movie would work but it would most likely be a predominantly character-driven story. I'm not sure what action there would be unless some sort of trite terrorist bombing plot thing suddenly happened. (And I've had enough of those in real life, I don't need to see them on Stargate. Boston Strong Baby!)

You analyze this really well, Ursula. Yeah; the Revolution moviemakers wanted to explore just this. I find this topic very fascinating and know a lot of other Stargate fans do to. Some others have mentioned North Korea and Iran acting up even more. Tho we could just beam up their nukes if this happened. I like Star Trek too, but I always thought it was too utopian. I like to think that Earth would handle it OK overall, or even well, after they got over their governments concealing it for a while. After all, The governments would have to reveal it very delicately tho.

Daniel would win the highest Earth archaeology and anthropology awards, as well as linguistic ones.

Sam would win at least one Nobel Prize.

A lot of the SGC would win military medals.

Yup; even tho they saved the Earth many times collectively.

We could have different Earth nations teaming up to fight an alien enemy.

Thank you for stating "Boston strong." I'm from MA. I know of 2 people who got lucky enough to, due to corcumstances, narrowly be able to be out of the blastzone anywehere from 30 minutes before or a few secs before the blast went off. One of those 2 was my brother's friend. While those 4 individuals died from those 2 bastards who are evil incarnate, and we can't bring them back, and those many individuals lost limbs which we can't replace, those 2 loser terrorists won't be able to able to weaken our will (which was/is the victims' too) and ours to live our way of life. Those 2 perps are lucky a MA mob of people didn't hunt them down.
      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
        Thank you for stating "Boston strong." I'm from MA. I know of 2 people who got lucky enough to, due to corcumstances, narrowly be able to be out of the blastzone anywehere from 30 minutes before or a few secs before the blast went off. One of those 2 was my brother's friend. While those 4 individuals died from those 2 bastards who are evil incarnate, and we can't bring them back, and those many individuals lost limbs which we can't replace, those 2 loser terrorists won't be able to able to weaken our will (which was/is the victims' too) and ours to live our way of life. Those 2 perps are lucky a MA mob of people didn't hunt them down.
        Thanks. And I know how lucky you feel. My Dad's baby brother worked on one of the upper floors of the Second Tower. He'd broken his leg and was due to go back to work from his surgery recovery time on Sept. 11. Lucky for us, he called in that morning and played sick to buy himself an extra day because he really didn't want to go back to work. Alot of co-workers didn't make it and we've sworn never again to rib him for being lazy. We're so grateful he was that day. It's ok MA, NY's got your back!

Also, I noticed you're signature. Mne is about my fanfic too. Just go to the dotcom it lists and it takes you right to the blog. Keep writing and keeping the fan flame alive, we're all we've got now except for conventions. And my prayers go out to our Gateworld family member no longer with us, they've taken the trip through the spacegate and we'll see them on the other side when we go too.
        sigpic

Comment

there really is a lot of places for the stargate story to go, if they revealed the program to the world. or at least a soft reveal, with just the tech and ships we have being revealed.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

With all the unrest in the world that seems to be caused by differences of religion. It seems like a reveal of something like the Stargate and all the implications of what that might mean to belief systems might cause a lot of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by tlw View Post
              With all the unrest in the world that seems to be caused by differences of religion. It seems like a reveal of something like the Stargate and all the implications of what that might mean to belief systems might cause a lot of problems.
              I'm actually not too sure about this, considering how most/all (?) humans in the galaxy presumably originated from Earth. A lot of religions would probably still claim their God(s) created Earth and then went out into the galaxy and created more planets like it etc. There's a good chance a lot of the more extreme (and I don't mean the extremist terrorist types) believers would actually support the Program because of all the false gods (Goa'uld and Ori) they have defeated and unmasked.

I can also see new religions being created after learning about the Ancients or more about what's out there in general, some might actually fall for Origin or even old Goa'uld or other aliens who claim to be gods, if that info is accessible to the public.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Thanks. And I know how lucky you feel. My Dad's baby brother worked on one of the upper floors of the Second Tower. He'd broken his leg and was due to go back to work from his surgery recovery time on Sept. 11. Lucky for us, he called in that morning and played sick to buy himself an extra day because he really didn't want to go back to work. Alot of co-workers didn't make it and we've sworn never again to rib him for being lazy. We're so grateful he was that day. It's ok MA, NY's got your back!

Also, I noticed you're signature. Mne is about my fanfic too. Just go to the dotcom it lists and it takes you right to the blog. Keep writing and keeping the fan flame alive, we're all we've got now except for conventions. And my prayers go out to our Gateworld family member no longer with us, they've taken the trip through the spacegate and we'll see them on the other side when we go too.

:-). I'm very glad your uncle did that; talk about luckily avoiding a human life tragedy like that!!!! I'm extremely sorry about your uncle's coworkers lost during the attack on New Yorkers, on Americans, on North Americans, and on humanity from all over the world at large. Thanks, NY, MA has your back too! All people all over the world should have each others' backs :-).

Nice; a fanfic blog!! I shall definitely go visit it!! Thank you, I shall; writers like us are trying to keep the Stargate spirit alive for Stargate fans. Thank you very much for praying for Weedle; I appreciate it and all his other getwrodl family members appreciate it to!! :-). I like this analogy very much, Ursula!
                If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Have we forgotten what happened in the road not taken? President Landry had to declare martial law bc the revelation of stargate caused worldwide chaos.

Comment

Doesn't mean it would happen here.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Doesn't mean it would happen here.
                      If you thought that we were alone on this planet then all of a sudden learned that not only are there other worlds with life on them, but that there is an alien race that would either enslave you and wipe you from existence, I think you'd panic.

Comment

That is irrelevant to the discussion.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          That is irrelevant to the discussion.
                          It's totally relevant. Most people think that the gov't has too much power anyway, and if the public found out that the air force was waging a war with aliens intent on enslaving the entire galaxy I can easily see mass panic and riots breaking out worldwide. Especially considering that it was totally the air force's fault we were under attack by the goa'uld in the first place by inadvertently pissing them off by killing one of them without considering the consequences of what would happen.

Comment

(like the first warp flight and subsequent first contact with the Vulcans in STAR TREK First Contact) or tear it even further part? And how would the characters of SG-1 react to it personally? Would everyone be okay with the reveal or would they have problems with it?
                            Well, we don't have that far to look.. Just view the S10 ep, the road not taken..

and that program has problems with US privatized infringement like the Trust. How many other Trusts would suddenly pop globally? One was more than enough of a pain in the butt.
                            And you would have nation after nation clambering to get 'the rights' to mine this or that planet, or to colonize this or that planet, and demanding the stargate be made available to all. Along with all the tech etc..

LOL.. OR all the times we got invaded (several times by gou'ald, the replicators, and even in one AR, the wraith, plus those aliens from beachhead and that mutated wolf/bear thinngy in S10 of sg1). OR all the times we came close to near death....

Sam would win at least one Nobel Prize.
                            Don't forget Rodney!!

Originally posted by tlw View Post
                            True. The fact some religions may have actually been created DUE to alien influence, while others are now proven 'false' alone will cause a lot of issues..

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
                              It's totally relevant. Most people think that the gov't has too much power anyway, and if the public found out that the air force was waging a war with aliens intent on enslaving the entire galaxy I can easily see mass panic and riots breaking out worldwide. Especially considering that it was totally the air force's fault we were under attack by the goa'uld in the first place by inadvertently pissing them off by killing one of them without considering the consequences of what would happen.
                              No it's not. You are changing the subject. People rioting of not is a completely separate issue of if this reality would end like the Road Not Taken reality. If every choice makes a different alternate reality ours would be a lot different than that one.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X