• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endangered (219)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    ENDANGERED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 219

Nick begins to suspect the existence of Wesen aliens after investigating mysterious cow mutations and reports of glowing creatures. Meanwhile, he learns more about the key; and Juliette begins to recall romantic moments between herself and Nick. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 April 2013, 04:15 PM.

wow that was a good episode. I love that they let the guy go at the end, while he did kill the farmer it was an accident. Again I wonder what Nick will tell Wu, since he was out of the office for a long time.

I love when the three of them work together . Though I was hoping to see a date between Monroe and Rosalee. I also loved their conversation about Monroe's family and how Nick would probably kill them.

And a bit more about the key is great. And I love how Nick and Renard are having such a serious conversation and Wu knocks right after they both basically said that they don't trust each other.

Overall, great episode and interesting weasen.
    sigpic

Comment

I think I have to rewatch it a couple of times - most likely with clear mind and after getting some sleep.
      It wasn't bad, and somehow ... that condor-guy was creepy! And more creepy it was that Nick shot him with his own gun *shivers*
      The Gluhenvolk-people ... mh, well, at least Amy had to do something with the skin. Poor Amy! One day she is going nuts from all that crazy cases Nick is working on!

I loved Monroe's explanation of "What a Grimm is". I think better no one ever described what Nick can do.
      Rosalee wogeing into Fuchsbau looked kinda weird. It is so rare that she's changing ... somehow it looked strange.
      Nick and Renard and the keys ... good conversation guys !
      But, one slide failure ... you guys should update your maps. As far as I know Freiburg and the Black Forest aren't in Bavaria. Yes, I know, Bavaria is the best known part of Germany *rolls eyes* but not everything is there. The Black Forest is in Baden-Württemberg (if I'm not completely wrong what I doubt, was long-time member of a scifi-club down there - well, member as in "paying but not be-there", I live too far away from the Black Forest near the other big forest). Well, at least the direction was correct, it's southern Germany . Same for Schwaben or Schwabenland. That's all Baden-Württemberg. True, Baden-Württemberg is near Bavaria but - guys, I don't like to say that, Schwaben and Bajovaren don't mix very well - well, most natives don't mix with Bajovaren very well *shrugs*.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I loved Monroe's explanation too, there definitely is more to a grimm than being able to see weasen because they can see each other. In yesterday's episode, there was no reason why the pregnant woman would act differently to Nick than she did to Rosalee and Monroe come in. At that point no body was woged and she would have no reason not to assume that Nick wasn't a weasen. Unless there is something about being a grimm that is different. That scene I do rewatch (actually the whole ep).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
          But, one slide failure ... you guys should update your maps. As far as I know Freiburg and the Black Forest aren't in Bavaria. Yes, I know, Bavaria is the best known part of Germany *rolls eyes* but not everything is there. The Black Forest is in Baden-Württemberg (if I'm not completely wrong what I doubt, was long-time member of a scifi-club down there - well, member as in "paying but not be-there", I live too far away from the Black Forest near the other big forest). Well, at least the direction was correct, it's southern Germany . Same for Schwaben or Schwabenland. That's all Baden-Württemberg. True, Baden-Württemberg is near Bavaria but - guys, I don't like to say that, Schwaben and Bajovaren don't mix very well - well, most natives don't mix with Bajovaren very well *shrugs*.
          I haven't even seen this episode so I shouldn't even stay in this thread .....

However, I agree with Hyn. Freiburg (im Breisgau) is definitely in Baden-Württenberg and not in Bavaria. This is a lovely town less than an hour drive from where I live. In fact, if I am on an elevated building in my town and the weather is okay, I can see the 'beginning' of the Black Forest

will be back again when I'll have seen the episode
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
            I haven't even seen this episode so I shouldn't even stay in this thread .....

However, I agree with Hyn. Freiburg (im Breisgau) is definitely in Baden-Württenberg and not in Bavaria. This is a lovely town less than an hour drive from where I live. In fact, if I am on an elevated building in my town and the weather is okay, I can see the 'beginning' of the Black Forest

will be back again when I'll have seen the episode
            I told Spiro on twitter about that. He said to me they had bad maps and that's why he did this mistake.
            What "bad" maps? That area Monroe mentioned NEVER was part of Bavaria (or I have found a huge mistake in my "Chronik der Deutschen").
            Heck, I never was to Portland but, as far as I know, I didn't make such mistakes so far in one of my fanfics (or no one told me about). I'm spending more time searching maps or doing Google-Earth sometimes than actually writing down anything. And that's only fanfic!

Sig & Avi by Josi
            sigpic
            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Good episode. And I watched it in the evening after work so I was tired and will have to rewatch it as well.
              I love these little tidbits they drop randomly about other Wesen. The trailer was creepy inside and now we know that people lik that exist, too. He was also very creepy.
              Nick entering a shadow zone again after letting the killer go (it was an accident but still...) and I really liked him working with Wu. Strangely, I didn`t miss Hank.
              I noticed that Nick is back to his doom and gloom version, probably after what happened with Julitte last week. The expression on his face when he shot the guy was really scary.

I love how all of them have great chemistry together. Nick with Monroe and Rosalee are fantastic and I have to say that Rosalee is VERY scary when she wants to. If I didn`t better, I would say she is the one wearing pants in the her relationship with Monroe.
              I also loved the scene where Nick walked there when they had a date. I think Grimms have poor social skills in general but it took Nick some time to realize he interrupted something

I also liked his conversation with Renard. They are like two cats next to each other - slowly circling, not trusting each other entirely. And more information about keys. They made it a little easier for Nick. If he will ever decide to go after whatever was hidden, Renard can help him to get the four they already have - he just has to find the other two.

I noticed how offended Nick felt by the iinformation that one of his ancestors was tortured (and most likely also killed) by Royals. I like these small hints about Nick finally accepting who he is.

I had chills when Monroe said to Juliette. It was sooooo true and the tone how he said that. He just nailed it.
              I liked Juliette in the past few episodes. And by the look at the next episode, this amnesia/obsession thing will go a full circle.
              And I am not surprised she went to Monroe first - her reasons were sensible and even though I *know* it wasn`t her fault, the fact that she admitted her behaviour towards Nick was bad sometimes made me to at least accept that she may be with Nick soon again. But I don`t want Nick to move out from Monroe yet
              Last edited by Klenotka; 02 May 2013, 03:06 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

What? You don't want to meet Monroe's parents? I'm so curious now about his Dad and his hunting parties .

Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic

Comment

Well, since at least one of Monroe´s relatives was killed by a Grimm, it would be definitely an interesting conversation.
                  But Monroe´s comment "I don´t want Nick to kill my parents" made me think. He didn´t look like he was joking. Does he think (or do we) that Nick would really do that? He only kills when he has the reason (life or death situation) but Monroe really seemed to mean that seriously?
                  I think if Nick was really pushed to limits, in a year or two, he may change completely...but not now.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I had the same reaction, Monroe definitely was not joking when he said that. Which makes me really interested if there is some sort of Grimm instinct that we (and Nick) do not know about. Because it is hard to believe that Nick would kill his best friend's parents, especially since this point he hasn't killed anyone that hasn't tried to kill him first. unless it is almost instinctual, to the point where Monroe is legitimately worried what Nick would do. And also Rosalee seemed agree with Monroe in that Nick could kill them. I hope they do answer this soon as well as Monroe's parents make an appearance.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think it is more that Monroe knows his father and that he would go hunting while in Portland and Nick would have to intervene. I do not think that Nick would kill anymone just because.
                      Grimm returns October 24
                      sigpic

Comment

Rosalee: Oh, right, Nick and your parents under the same roof. Yeah, that would be a problem.
                        Monroe: I mean, bottom line, I don't want Nick to kill my parents. Not that they wouldn't give him plenty of reason.
                        Grimm returns October 24
                        sigpic

Comment

I have one question: did these Glühvolk acknowlege Nick being a Grimm or not? I think I missed something there? or was he the reason she went into labour?

ps. the name of this new wesen Glühvolk reminds me the whole time of Glühwein which is mulled wine
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Comment

Monroe blamed Nick for sending her into labor, but he may have been joking. Unless the idea of her seeing a grimm scared her enough to go into labor. she went straight into labor after the three of them entered.
                            sigpic

Comment

A great episode! Fun and useful character development. Even the Juliette bits were decent.
                              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                              X