• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volcanalis (218)

GRIMM - SEASON TWO
    VOLCANALIS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 218

A volcano threatens to bury Portland in lava; Adalind gains a new ally; and Juliette needs help dealing with multiple memories of Nick. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 25 April 2013, 11:41 AM. Reason: Cross-links to SciFi Stream: to be amended.

To the best of my knowledge, this episode was preempted by coverage of the Boston Bomber. If it does end up airing tonight, report my post and we'll open the thread. (I know it didn't air central time and I doubt they'll air it pacific time)
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

SO I guess it did air for the west coast so......enjoy folks, while I check out my on demand and see if it shows up there

sigpic

Comment

so can this episode be discussed or shall we wait until the rest have seen it? when will that be by the way?
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

See Sky's post.If you've seen the ep ,go ahead and discuss it here ,but spoiler-tag any ep details in other threads.

I think Canada and some parts of the west coast aired the ep last night.

It's been held over till next Friday for the other US areas.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Okay, then I just list what I liked:

- Monroe and Bud together (!) trying to cheer up Nick
            - the whole precinct sending Hank to finally take his holidays, even Renard
            - Juliette reliving the memory of Nick moving in with her (so it is her house, correct?)
            - Renard: "you have a lot of these books by the way?" LOL he knows of course, he's seen the trailer, but apparently Nick still does not know that (oh, he will be pissed when he finds out)
            - Monroe freaking out - good to know that Blutbad can be afraid
            - their solution to the problem and the closure Nick gave Markus
            - Juliette remembering Nick proposing to her
            - even the gypsis do not trust Hexenbiests

so la la moments
            - Nick and Renard firing at the Volcanalis (spelling?) - really? using bullets to stop that 'thing'?

did not like
            - Rosalee was missing
            - the whole Adalind, gypsis, etc storyline, but maybe just because I do not like Adalind, and I like her even less seeing that she is trading her child for her powers
            - why did they send Hank away? I mean for real? couldn't they use his character in this episode?

there must be more of these volcanalis because the Vesuv is not a volcano in the ring of fire of the Pacific, so there must be other of these wesen (?) around the other volcanos

And, as last point, we still do not know whose child Adalind is carrying, we only know it has royal blood, but that can be either from Eric or from Sean ....
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Comment

I think Hank on vacation was because Russell had an accident and had a surgery and is still recovering from that. As far as I know he doesn't come back till the end of the season, but I may be wrong here.

I love the episode, even the Gypsie-Adalind-storyarc. I would say it is NOW easy for her to trade the unborn, it will turn out much more complicated IF she will make it till birth. Funny, I think now we know where the saying of "being blue-blooded" come from . And the kid is from Eric - upps!
              Monroe and Bud at Monroe's cheering up Nick was great! Especially ... did you notice WHAT they were watching? Wasn't that supposed to be a sport for ladies? No wonder, Nick wasn't interested. He seemed to me more into football than into football (nope, I know what I've written and it wasn't a mistake).
              And Nick ... *sigh* ... so badly hurt, that poor guy! Awww, I think this time he was crying. Such a poor puppy! And I also felt for Juliette. No wonder she said what she said. And to see her work with her memories ... AWWW!

And yep, it IS Juliette's house but, what I thought and was implied during the deleted scenes on the season1 DVDs, she bought the house but they both moved in together

My biggest (maybe overrated, true) problem was the way Renard "ordered" Nick to do what to do. Their relationship changed since Nick knows about Renard, but Renard is now acting different. And that particular scene ... it felt weird, not like boss talks to an inferiour but owner to slave. As I've said, it felt this way, but maybe I'm overreacting. Don't know.

But it's definetely one of the best episodes so far.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Hank is in surgery and is still recovering from that. As far as I know he doesn't come back till the end of the season, but I may be wrong here.
                That's why he was the whole time on that chair and they pushed him out of the office still on the chair great solution

My biggest (maybe overrated, true) problem was the way Renard "ordered" Nick to do what to do. Their relationship changed since Nick knows about Renard, but Renard is now acting different. And that particular scene ... it felt weird, not like boss talks to an inferiour but owner to slave. As I've said, it felt this way, but maybe I'm overreacting. Don't know.

But it's definetely one of the best episodes so far.
                Frankly speaking I never had the impression of Renard ordering Nick around. I would have to rewatch the episode to see what you meant
                Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                  That's why he was the whole time on that chair and they pushed him out of the office still on the chair great solution
                  Yup. It was a little weird, I think no one would let someone else shuffle him/herself around like that, But it was kinda cute

Frankly speaking I never had the impression of Renard ordering Nick around. I would have to rewatch the episode to see what you meant
                  During the last episodes I haven't had that feeling, or not so much. "This is weird behaviour" was my thought when Renard informed Nick and Hank about that assassin he killed. But in this episode it somehow hit me straight in the face and I thought "What the heck they are doing there?" But, as I said, maybe I'm interpreting something into those scenes, don't know. Later, when Nick is with Monroe in Renard's office I didn't had this impression, only in the first scene.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic
                  LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

I loved this episode. I think it was one of the best, imo. Just because of the Nick/Monroe/Renard scenes - I loved that shot of all of them, standing over the broken volcanis. Renard was the one with a quote now. I like how they are more Buffy Scooby Gang now (yes, another Buffy comparison, sorry about that!) - kill the bad guy, say a quote, go home

I didn´t have a feeling that Renard ordered anything to Nick *shrugs* If anything, they are still very careful around each other - Nick chooses what to say, so does Renard. But maybe Nick still feels that Renard IS his his captain and, also...haven´t Grimms been working for Royals for centuries? I know it was talked before but it almost looked like Grimms were sort of created to manage the Wesen and take orders from Royals? Maybe it is something in their genetics? That´s why Royals have high posts in police, politics etc. and Grimms are still running around, forced to hide and do sometimes bad things?

Anyway, I even liked Juliette´s storyline. She became less annoying lately, and I think they started to handle her story in a right direction - let her to be fed up by Nick, only to find memories by herself.

Monroe and Bud as Nick´s buddies was awesome scene - they both have no idea what to say in right moment I think some Wesen (and probably also Grimms) are very socially awkward

I missed Roselee, but I think there was really no reason for her to be there but still, she is a main character after all.

I think trading a baby for powers is exactly Adelind´s thing. She is a witch, she is cold hearted, cold blooded and she is aware of her natural (physical) abilities. I like her, and Claire plays her wonderfully

That scene with Hank in the beginning was hilarious - I like how they started to make these lighthearted scenes in Grimm in a past few episodes so it´s not only doom and gloom. Especially before the final episodes that will probably bring back some darkness. Nick is stable right now but I can feel he will get very angry in the end, especially if Adelind returns.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I understand, for those of us that couldn't see the episode, it'll air at 7 this friday, before the new episode at 8C

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        I understand, for those of us that couldn't see the episode, it'll air at 7 this friday, before the new episode at 8C
                        No, it will air in the usual timeslot at 9/8. 2.19 will air next Tuesday. Usually NBC had planned another micro-break and not to air any Grimm this week.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                        sigpic

Comment

Dear Mods, maybe you should change the title now. NBC renamed this episode to "Volcanaris"

Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic

Comment

I caved and just watched on the link that Iceisnice posted on the other thread, so thanks for that .

I loved the scene with Bud and Monroe at the beginning, its great to see them coming friends. And the part with Hank going on vacation, so that way he could be out of the way for this episode. Though I have to wonder for the case, how are they going to explain what happened to Wu lol.

the whole scene with them trying to freeze the guy, and of course Monroe's comment about "hell", since I like probably everyone was thinking the same thing.

And the cute memory of them moving in.

overall, good episode though didn't wait until tomorrow to see .
                            sigpic

Comment

Two things :

The title's been changed because the official Grimm site now also carries the correction.I'll send the link to Darren so he can amend the crosslinks and SciFi Stream.( Chances are he'll already have had notification,but if not,no harm done.)

Second thing : NO links to unlicensed DL/Streaming on GW are allowable

If in doubt : check out the links you find with Sky or Darren or keep the info to private mail.
                              We don't want GW or any of you prosecuted by the MPAA and other industry Legal Eagles.
                              Even if said sites are legal in your own countries,GW has to comply with US Laws and legislation etc.

Site FAQ :

Episode downloads. Do not use GateWorld to request, trade, or advertise illegal downloads of copyrighted films or television programs, including Stargate. Keep any such conversations in private e-mail -- no exceptions.
                              Hulu,Amazon,official Station links =fine.

Other sites including YouTube : check it out.

Thanks!

**ETA : FAQ UPDATE -by DARREN.**

Episode downloads. Do not use GateWorld to request, trade, or advertise illegal downloads of copyrighted films or television programs, including Stargate. Keep any such conversations in private e-mail -- no exceptions. This includes Web sites offering to stream TV shows and movies illegally. (You can usually recognize these when the episode is offered for free, with no advertisements, sometimes including episodes that have not yet aired in your country, and not in connection with the broadcast network or a recognized service such as Hulu, Amazon, or Netflix.)
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 25 April 2013, 01:07 PM.
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X